C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Charge × and × Invade" [9/15]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Toonami2018-_Main_Template.png
Hunter_x_Hunter_Chimera_Ant_talkback.png

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Hyōri Ittai" by Yuzu [VERSION 1]​

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%252520111%252520-%252520Large%25252012%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Episode 111
"Charge × and × Invade"
Chapters adapted: 262-265

This time:
As Netero brings along an unexpected ally, the raid on the palace finally begins.

Notes:
  • This is the start of the Palace Invasion portion of the Chimera Ant arc.
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 25 of the manga release.
  • Episodes 1-75 are currently available across four Bluray/DVD sets from Viz Media.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
$#%# bout to get real

Neferpitou: Thats pretty metal

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
One hundred pushups! One hundred sit-ups! Plus a ten-kilometer run every day!

"After two years, he noticed a change..."
He was completely bald--oh, wait.

PapaGreg

I just love how not only Netero got strong by training but also started to seriously train in his mid 40s

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
So,we get a lengthy flashback while story progression slows to a crawl. Looks like Hunter X Hunter is playing by Dragon Ball rules now.

PapaGreg

So,we get a lengthy flashback while story progression slows to a crawl. Looks like Hunter X Hunter is playing by Dragon Ball rules now.
Z actually and its playing by Namek rules but don't worry they won't be just screaming(there will however be a lot of screaming)

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member

And this episode adapted like four and a half chapters, so you can imagine how the manga was. :p

The narrator is very controversial among viewers for this arc, but I personally enjoyed it in the manga, and I enjoy whoever is voicing him in the dub.

Netero had an even better training regimen than Saitama.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
It seems like some of us are acting like the stereotypical high school students who chant "Fight, fight, fight" and are impatient when a fight isn't happening. This part of the anime is ridiculously slowed down, but there's hope it can pick up. The Netero flashback was kind of cool even if it's interrupting the current story.

Radical

Banned
Cool to see Netero along with Zeno, the Zoldycks finally showing up to fight the Chimera Ants, cool, best new allies:D.

Netero/Zeno vs. Neferpitou beginning was pretty cool.

Netero's flashback backstory was pretty cool, Netero's training becoming stronger like Goku/Saitama is pretty epic.

Gon and crew about to fight Menthuthuyoupi is gonna be awesome.

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
And this episode adapted like four and a half chapters, so you can imagine how the manga was. :p

So this episode was an improvement? Ack!

The narrator is very controversial among viewers for this arc, but I personally enjoyed it in the manga, and I enjoy whoever is voicing him in the dub.

I have no problem with the voice artist; it's just that he was so omnipresent throughout the episode that I couldn't help but notice. I wish there had been more use of dialogue and/or internal monolouging, but as PapaGreg already said, we'll all have to get used to the change.

PapaGreg

Oh don't worry
So this episode was an improvement? Ack!

I have no problem with the voice artist; it's just that he was so omnipresent throughout the episode that I couldn't help but notice. I wish there had been more use of dialogue and/or internal monolouging, but as PapaGreg already said, we'll all have to get used to the change.
Oh don't worry there will be a lot of dialogue and internal monolouging

Light Lucario

Staff member
It seems like some of us are acting like the stereotypical high school students who chant "Fight, fight, fight" and are impatient when a fight isn't happening. This part of the anime is ridiculously slowed down, but there's hope it can pick up. The Netero flashback was kind of cool even if it's interrupting the current story.

Considering that they've spent so much time building up to this invasion, I don't blame people for being impatient. This is getting dangerously close to York New arc levels of slow pacing and spending so much darn time on setup. It will hopefully get some nice payoff and setup certainly isn't bad. I just want them to start fighting already after all this time.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was okay. I was hoping that we'd go straight into the action, but then we cut to two minutes before the group left. Netero and Zeno coming down from a giant Nen Dragon was pretty darn awesome to look at though. The meteors of energy slowly falling down was also pretty cool. I could have done without Zeno suddenly stopping the episode to explain a bit about Netero. It's weird enough when the narrator does that, mainly because they only sometimes have him pop up during an episode, but they had to stop the episode for one of the characters to talk to the audience instead. That was so strange and questionable at best given that we get Netero's backstory in the second half of the episode. Neferpitou had some pretty intense attacks. It doesn't seem likely that Netero would be able to defeat them easily, but it does make me wonder how Gon and Killua will manage when they eventually confront Neferpitou.

Netero's backstory was pretty interesting. Being able to do that many punches in one day for a long period of time was intense. It seemed like he was able to get so much stronger that time slowed down for his body. I thought that we'd see Gon and his group confront one of the Chimera Ants during this episode, but having it for a cliffhanger makes sense. Overall, it was an okay episode.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Netero is how old now - over a 100? And he just brushed Neferpitou aside. Man, he puts Roshi to shame, lol. Though he's kind of like a combo of Roshi and Goku.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts