C&C - Hunter x Hunter - "Carnage × and × Devastation" [6/2]

zoombie

Who knew Shizuku had such a nice body hidden under those clothes, yup I said it, you are all thinking the same thing.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Her tight sweater didn't exactly hide her figure. She's really the only female fanservice character with a lot of screen time (I think we have had a Hisoka shot too). There was Menchi from the Hunter exam, but she kind of disappeared off the face of the earth.

zoombie

Well maybe I didn't notice, because I am a big Machi fan, that Shizuku just slipped under the radar.

On another note, the people at Black Clover get a lot of flack for being unoriginal. For example the character of Sally is a Hange ripoff, with the mad scientist persona perhaps, but in terms of character design she does resemble Shizuku now that I think of it.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Her tight sweater didn't exactly hide her figure. She's really the only female fanservice character with a lot of screen time (I think we have had a Hisoka shot too). There was Menchi from the Hunter exam, but she kind of disappeared off the face of the earth.
There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind women with big honkers for noses, I personally don't if you look at my avatar)

PapaGreg

There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind characters with huge noses, personally I don't)
@zoombie I'm surprised you didn't talk about your favorite character going Super Saiyan last episode

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Looking at Sally's pictures on Google images, I see what you mean. It looks like a shame that Black Clover continues to copy stuff from other anime. Also, Black Clover's Toonami airing is far behind the Japanese anime and the manga, so maybe we should keep discussion of what happens in Black Clover ahead of Toonami's airing to a minimum.

zoombie

There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind characters with huge noses, personally I don't)
@zoombie I'm surprised you didn't talk about your favorite character going Super Saiyan last episode

Speaking of which, on the category of Black Clover. I think Luck might be a ripoff of this guy as well. I think we can talk about Luck?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Speaking of which, on the category of Black Clover. I think Luck might be a ripoff of this guy as well. I think we can talk about Luck?

Luck has shown up on Toonami. Shalnark and Luck only seem superficially similar so I wouldn't call him a complete rip off. Shalnark doesn't have a perma-smile like Luck.

TerraKnight

Aren't you guys calling Black Clover unoriginal based on other people's opinions? How original.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Aren't you guys calling Black Clover unoriginal based on other people's opinions? How original.

No. Even if I never read an Internet review of the show in my life, I would still see the cliches in it. Unoriginality is far from the worst sin the show has. The overall cast is some of the dullest I've ever seen. The animation and battle choreography is extremely uninspired. Personally, I find the ANN episode reviews pretty lenient as I would hand out a lot of Cs (the reviews seem to be mostly straight Bs). It's okay if other people enjoy the show, but there are legitimate reasons for disliking a show. I'm tired of the ad hominems that come from fans of certain shows. We've had problems with JoJo fans doing that in the past. Let's just avoid personal attacks of any detractors of certain shows. I know that Black Clover fans might feel defensive about people not liking their show, but disliking Black Clover is not necessarily disliking its fans. I respect the fans and admit there are things I actually kinda like about the show (there are a few okay action scenes and Noelle's kinda cute).

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Shizuku's fight was better than I expected. Using her vacuum to drain all of the blood out of her opponent was really brutal and intense. If he was smarter, he might have been able to think of using his string to cover his bleeding before she did. Feitan was struggling against the Queen a bit more than I expected, but they did emphasize that he hasn't gotten to back into full strength and hadn't been into too many battles lately either. If they didn't already show that the Phantom Troupe cares about each other, I would have taken the whole deciding who goes next as a sign that they didn't care whether or not Feitan dies.

Feitan's powers were a lot more intense than I expected. He burned his opponent alive and put the others at risk as a result. While they wouldn't give mercy killings to the other victims, they would attack if they decided to fight, so it was a more round about way to put them out of their miseries. It's kind of a shame that they don't appear in the rest of this series. I kind of wonder how the Phantom Troupe would fare against the stronger Chimera Ants after seeing some more of their powers.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. It was more of a detour than anything else from the look of things, but I didn't really mind that since the fights were good, they revealed some powers of the Phantom Troupe and used a few of them in unexpected ways. Even if they were just thrown into this arc for a bit of fanservice, it was at least the fun enjoyable kind of fanservice for me.

Scrappy-Fan92

I didn't comment on this in the last episode's talkback, but that scorpion Chimera Ant's costume is trash. It does make her transformation later in the episode all the funnier though. Not a fan of Shizuka getting stripped to her skivvies, although the show made up for it by having her be the one character smart enough to realize that Pike could've patched up his wounds with his own webbing (and Feitan in some respects got off worse when it came to clothing damage). Feitan's fight was actually pretty disturbing, and I'm surprised he didn't burn down the whole stronghold. I'm sad this is the last we'll see of the Phantom Troupe, even if the members could probably handle the main villains of this arc themselves.

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
This felt a lot like a Naruto: Shippuden episode where they have a mini-arc with the side characters. At least it was 2 episodes and not a whole freaking arc.

PapaGreg

Also for those wondering if the Phantom Troupe can beat a Royal Guard, if it was all of the Troupe vs One Guard then maybe but the Troupe will suffer casualties, vs the King and Ill guarntee they will get slaughtered

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The Phantom Troupe are definitely in the top 5 anime villain groups. Anyway, enjoyable mini-arc. I'm just sad because these episodes make me wish that the Troupe had gotten to fight the stronger chimera ants.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts