123 2
The Grid

Opening theme: "Departure!" by Masatoshi Ono [VERSION 5]
Ending theme: "Nagareboshi Kirari" by Yuzu

Episode 97
"Carnage × and × Devastation"
Chapters adapted: 224-229

This time:
While the rest of the Phantom Troupe pick off the soldiers, Feitan fights one-on-one with Zazan.

Notes:
  • The chapters which this episode covers can be found in volume 22 of the manga release.
  • Three Bluray/DVD sets are available now from Viz Media, containing the first 50 episodes.
  • The first movie, “Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge”, is now available on Bluray and DVD.

Last edited:

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
Jul 14, 2005
Ratings
Berea, Ohio
So I'm watching a giant spider create a "love shower" out of its butt, complete with extreme closeups of... well, you know. This is as crazy as Jojo.

At least Shizuku is smart enough not to reveal everything she knows to her opponent.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,481 8
So I'm watching a giant spider create a "love shower" out of its butt, complete with extreme closeups of... well, you know. This is as crazy as Jojo.

At least Shizuku is smart enough not to reveal everything she knows to her opponent.
If this was Bleach Shizuki would pretty much explain everything.

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
231 5
Sucking all the blood out of an opponent, that's pretty scary. Shizuku is adorable yet violent. She's pretty much tied with Biscuit as coolest female character and I think is the most attractive. Kind of a shame we only have a very small number of them. By the way, where's Machi?

Radical

The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
276 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 97 was pretty awesome/intense,

More Phantom Troupe awesomeness continues, sweet.

Love Pike's funny goofy Grover dub voice, hehehe.

Shizuku vs. Pike was pretty sweet, Shizuku killing Pike sucking out his blood was awesome/creepy, farewell Pike, but Shizuku best female character next to Biscuit, Canary, Menchi, Machi, Pakunoda, and Baise:D.

The Phantom Troupe/Kalluto's chemistry and their race bet was sweet/funny.

Feitan vs. Zazan was awesome/intense, Zazan the most strongest with a monstrous second form, yikes.

Phinks, Shizuku, Shalnark, Bonolenov, and Kalluto to escape when Feitan snaps was great/interesting, poor Kalluto wanting to see it.

Feitan killing Zazan with Rising Sun was awesome/satisfying, but both Zazan/Pike will be missed on my best dead anime villains, and Feitan all deranged was scary/creepy, he's so the most strongest/dangerous:D:ack:.

Cool with Zazan/Pike and their Chimera Ants to be the next to be stopped after Yunju/Rammot since they were a dangerous threat, go Phantom Troupe.

Those poor lesser Chimera Ants to wanna die, sad.

Shalnark/Feitan teasing Phinks was a great funny comedy moment:p.

Both Shalnark and Luck are pretty similar, cool.

Gon/Killua preparing to go to the Republic of East Gorteau was great.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
231 5
Her tight sweater didn't exactly hide her figure. She's really the only female fanservice character with a lot of screen time (I think we have had a Hisoka shot too). There was Menchi from the Hunter exam, but she kind of disappeared off the face of the earth.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
579 6
New York
Well maybe I didn't notice, because I am a big Machi fan, that Shizuku just slipped under the radar.

On another note, the people at Black Clover get a lot of flack for being unoriginal. For example the character of Sally is a Hange ripoff, with the mad scientist persona perhaps, but in terms of character design she does resemble Shizuku now that I think of it.

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,481 8
Her tight sweater didn't exactly hide her figure. She's really the only female fanservice character with a lot of screen time (I think we have had a Hisoka shot too). There was Menchi from the Hunter exam, but she kind of disappeared off the face of the earth.
There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind women with big honkers for noses, I personally don't if you look at my avatar)

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,481 8
There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind characters with huge noses, personally I don't)
@zoombie I'm surprised you didn't talk about your favorite character going Super Saiyan last episode

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
231 5
Looking at Sally's pictures on Google images, I see what you mean. It looks like a shame that Black Clover continues to copy stuff from other anime. Also, Black Clover's Toonami airing is far behind the Japanese anime and the manga, so maybe we should keep discussion of what happens in Black Clover ahead of Toonami's airing to a minimum.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
579 6
New York
There was also Pakunoda(if you don't mind characters with huge noses, personally I don't)
@zoombie I'm surprised you didn't talk about your favorite character going Super Saiyan last episode
Speaking of which, on the category of Black Clover. I think Luck might be a ripoff of this guy as well. I think we can talk about Luck?