Stone free, do what I please
Toonami2020-Main-Image.png
Toonami2020-Fire-Force.png

Fire Force

Fire-Force-Episode-23-Figure-02.jpg

Episode 23
”Smiles”

Last time:
Knights of the Ashen Flame, Yana and Haumea, met up and watched the confrontation between Sho and Shinra. Shinra found himself in a colorless land with black flames rising from the ground and Sho explained that it is the Adolla Burst, a place formerly called "Hell". Shinra then saw the Evangelist appear behind his brother. Sho and Shinra returned to the real world and Licht explained that Sho can effect the thermal expansion of the universe, appearing to alter the passage of time. Sho mounted a number of lightening fast attacks against Shinra who appeared helpless against them, but Shinra nevertheless kept trying to reach Sho. Eventually, Shinra moved fast enough by utilizing the Adolla Burst to break into Sho's "motionless world" and strike him. However, it took a heavy physical toll and Shinra began to dangerously overheat. Licht warned Shinra that at the speed of light, Shinra's body breaks apart and reassembles itself risking atomizing himself and dying, but Shira insisted that he will reconnect with his little brother and ignored the warning.

This time:
Shinra revisits his childhood to share his memories with Sho, to try to forge a deeper connection. Meanwhile, the members of the 8th rally to rescue one of their own who is critically injured and turn to Captain Huang of the 6th for assistance.

Nobodyman

Previously on Fire Force: They're so hot they're breaking the time-space continuum!

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I'm sorry, "Raffles I" still sounds like a dog's name.

Oh, he's gonna spin the world backwards like Superman.

Nobodyman

Okubo really does love drawing creepy faces, doesn't he?

"WHAAAAAA! No! Newspaper is a dying medium! WHAAAAAA! I don't want to read any more about the impeachment trial! WHAAAAAAA!!!"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
She warned you if you made that face, it would stick like that.

Hopefully this Instrumentality-induced flashback has a better resolution than in Tokyo Ghoul.

So jagged teeth runs in the family. Are they related to Jaws from the James Bond movies?

You're too young to be reading about Trump in the news.

Nobodyman

"This isn't your fault, Sho."
Pretty sure it is.

Wait, they did the title card and NOW they're doing the opening? They just put these in at random time stamps, don't they?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Seems we've reached THAT part in the Cain and Abel story.

So she's actually insane. There's always a creepy girl.

Wait, they did the title card and NOW they're doing the opening? They just put these in at random time stamps, don't they?

They're using the Monty Python episode approach of airing the credits whenever they feel like.

Nobodyman

Alright crown lady, stop doing your Gene Simmons impression.

So she blinds herself with a crown because she's crazy?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So she blinds herself with a crown because she's crazy?
If only her parents had thrown her that birthday party at Burger King.

So this show ends next week. Is there another season to this? I assumed it was a long-running shonen series.

I'd have just used a scalpel.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

"This kid is seriously injured. What's your treatment plan?"
"BURN HIM!"
"Yeah...that's pretty much our solution to everything, isn't it?"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
If all else fails, you could give him a Viking funeral.

Sorry, the pivotal backstory will have to wait. Let's get some food.

Should we be fighting near a hospital?

Nobodyman

"Yep, I knew all that the whole time and didn't tell you. I just like to mess with you."

Final episode of the season next week. Thank goodness.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I'm really sure the Evangelist was the demon who burned the house down and kidnapped Sho. In the flashback of her looking at infant Sho in the circle of flames, you can see two points under her hood like horns the demon has. Once Shinra and Sho hugged and cut to the title, knew he had to be have been stabbed. And I guess we've met the Toga of this series. Ha ha, Arthur's idiot brain came in handy.

Rod of Asclepius! I know that from Greek myth, a serpent-entwined rod associated with Asclepius, the Greek god of healing. Neat.

That was a short chat, indeed, Burns. But WTF, I hope his reasoning isn't some crazy gamble like he sensed both kids had the Adolla Burst and knew Shinra would be the only hope to stop the White-Clad so he set him on his path.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Has Shinra ever seen Force Awakens? Stabbing the family member during a heart to heart is what they do when they are on the dark side.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts