C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "Showdown Of Love! The Androids Vs. The Second Universe!" [6/29]

Nobodyman

Brianne: Say your prayers!
18: I would if I believed in God!
Zenos and others: Umm....we're right here!

So long Roasie. Maybe you can get a job as the Jetsons' maid.

"It shackles the loveless."

No! None can contain the awesomeness of My Bloody Valentine!

A.Magik

There Comes a Time

When you face the toughest of fights

Searching for the Light,

Lost in the Darkness of Night

The Wind Blows so Cold

You’re standing alone

Before the Battle’s Begun.

But Deep in Your Soul

The Future Unfolds

As bright as the Rays of the Sun.

You’ve got to Believe in the Power of Love!

You’ve got to Believe

(You’ve got to Believe)

In the Power of Love!

It brings meaning to each moment

It’s what our hearts are all made of

(Just look inside)

You've got to believe in the Power of Love!

DBTrilogy100

The twins get to have the spotlight in tonight's episode. The episode starts with Goku hiding around some rubble to rest after (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct wore off; Gohan & Piccolo waste no time in going off to help Goku since he's stamina has been drained once again but they are stopped by Saonel & Pilina (the Universe 6 Namekians), who wish to continue the fight from earlier. Gohan & Piccolo realize they have no choice but to fight the Universe 6 Namekians and Champa urges the Universe 6 Namekians to win since they are Universe 6's last hope; Saonel & Pilina assure Champa that they will win and resume their fight with Gohan & Piccolo.

Vegeta begins to fight Catopesra and Catopesra use his suit's mode change ability to switch to Battle Mode; the red parts of Catopesra's suit turn yellow, the "S" on the suit changes to a "B" and Catopesra reveals that his attacks are 300 times stronger when he is in Battle Mode. Vegeta tries to achieve (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct by emptying his conscious mind so that his body will act on its own but this doesn't work and Catopesra lands several hits on Vegeta; most of the Universe 7 characters in the spectator seats are confused about Vegeta not defending himself but Whis figures out that Vegeta is trying to achieve (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct. Realizing that his strategy isn't working, Vegeta stops Catopesra's attacks and attacks Catopesra (who realizes Vegeta was hiding his power); the Omni-Kings comment about how most of the fighters still participating in the tournament have resumed fighting while Ribrianne suggests to Roasie that they should find opponents to fight and Roasie agrees to this idea. Jerez telepathically contacts Ribrianne & Roasie to give them instructions (we, the audience, don't get to hear these instructions); Android 17 & Android 18 see Ribrianne & Roasie heading off to a different part of the arena and conclude that the fight between Goku & Kefla motivated many of the fighters still participating in the tournament.

Android 17 notices Android 18's injured ankle and examines it even though Android 18 insists that it's nothing to worry about; Android 17 notices that Android 18's injured ankle is swelling up and rips off part of his sleeve to wrap around the injured ankle. Android 17 mentions that he is familiar with these sort of injuries as a result of some of the animals on the island receiving leg injuries and he answers Android 18's question about this also being the case when his family members are injured; Android 18 mentions that she found out from Goku that Android 17 plans to use the Super Dragon Balls to wish for a cruise ship to travel around Earth with his family and she says that sounds like it will be a good time. Android 18 thanks Android 17 after he finishes treating her injured ankle and Android 17 cautions her not to push it.

Android 17 & Android 18 notice that Ribrianne & Roasie are heading towards Goku's current location and decide to follow them. Ribrianne, Roasie, Zarbuto, Rabanra and a humanoid blue alien (who bares a strong resemblance to General Rildo from DBGT) reach Goku's current location; Jerez reveals that she wants the members of the Universe 2 Team still participating in the tournament to gang up on Goku to eliminate him from the tournament while he is exhausted. Beerus accuses Jerez's plan of being cowardly but Jerez responds that Goku is an obstacle towards Universe 2's existence and she doesn't want to pass up such a golden opportunity; Zarbuto, Rabanra & the humanoid blue alien (voiced by Gabe Kunda) cheer Ribrianne & Roasie on while Ribrianne & Roasie launch the "Love Symphony" attack towards Goku...only for Android 17 & Android 18 to launch energy blasts to destroy the Love Symphony before it reaches Goku.

Goku thanks the twins for their help and Ribrianne tells Roasie that they will deal with the twins before they deal with Goku; Ribrianne instructs Zarbuto, Rabanra & the humanoid blue alien to make sure Goku doesn't escape but adds that she wants the honor of eliminating Goku from the tournament. Roasie requests that she fight Android 17 to avenge Kakunsa being eliminated from the tournament and Ribrianne agrees to Roasie's request; Roasie wastes no time attacking Android 17 and Ribrianne wastes no time in attacking Android 18. Zarbuto, Rabanra & the humanoid blue alien decide to eliminate Goku from the tournament even though Ribrianne told them she wants the honor of eliminating Goku from the tournament; Zarbuto & Rabanra think this will restore their honor when they failed to perform the Potara Earring Fusion and the humanoid blue alien thinks Ribrianne will praise them for their efforts. Goku says he has no problem fighting the trio even though Beerus encourages Goku to retreat.

Roasie continues to fight Android 17 while Ribrianne continues to fight Android 18. Ribrianne is annoyed by Android 18's dodging and demands a "head on" fight; Android 18 responds that she is here to win & surrvive for the sake of her husband & her daughter. Krillin cheers Android 18 on and this catches Ribrianne's attention; Ribrianne asks Android 18 if Krillin is Android 18's husband. Android 18 confirms that is the case and Ribrianne is surprised by this answer; Ribrianne claims Krillin isn't handsome because he has no nose. Android 18 responds that she will defeat Ribrianne and Ribrianne accuses Android 18 of being "evil for tainting love"; Android 18 responds by saying Ribrianne should fight rather than rant and Ribrianne agrees to continuing the fight. Ribrianne uses many attacks and Android 18 avoids these attacks but her injured ankle starts to act up again; Android 17 attacks Ribrianne when he notices Android 18's injured ankle acting up again and Roasie launches multiple energy blasts towards the twins...only to hit Ribrianne by accident when the twins avoid the attack (Roasie quickly apologizes to Ribrianne). The twins use this distraction to gain the upper hand against Ribrianne & Roasie. Ribrianne launches the "Max Love Cannon" towards Android 18...only for Android 18 to dodge and Roasie is hit by the attack by accident; Android 17 then launches an energy blast to knock Roasie off the arena. The Grand Minister declares that Roasie has been eliminated from the tournament and the Omni-Kings tap on Roasie's image on their GodPads.

Ribrianne changes back to Brianne de Chateau after being hit by an energy blast from Android 18 and Brianne de Chateau says she is still determined to "send love to all the universes". Brianne de Chateau launches an energy blast that Android 18 avoids...but reveals that this was done to distract Android 18 so that she could use an "energy chain" to hold Android 18 in place; this energy chain changes into an "energy flower" with the petals resembling a heart and Android 18 is trapped within this energy flower. Sanka Coo & Roasie (who has changed back to Sous Rous) recognize this technique as the "Big Passion"; Android 17 rushes to help Android 18 but is stopped by a fighter from the Universe 3 Team. The Universe 2 characters in the spectator seats (except for Universe 2's Angel Assistant) transfer their love to Brianne de Chateau (who thanks them) and she transforms into a giant version of Ribrianne with butterfly wings; Ribrianne prepares to use the "Fist of Love" but Android 18's memories of Krillin & Marron (as well as Krillin's words of encouragement) motivate Android 18 to break free of the energy flower and counter attack Ribrianne. Android 18 runs towards Ribrianne's head and Android 17 joins Android 18 after rendering the Universe 3 fighter unconscious; Android 18 punches the giant Ribrianne's head which leads to Brianne de Chateau falling off the arena. Brianne de Chateau sobs when she is teleported to the spectator seats and Sanka Coo & Sous Rous comfort her; Universe 2's Supreme Kai & Jerez assure Brianne de Chateau that she fought valiantly. The Grand Minister declares that Ribrianne has been eliminated from the Tournament of Power and the Omni-Kings tap on Ribrianne's image on their GodPads. Android 18 & Krillin give each other a thumbs up and Shin says that the power of Krillin & Android 18's love won...only for Android 18 to launch an energy blast that grazes Shin's cheek and she threatens him to get him to stop talking; Brianne de Chateau sees Krillin & Android 18's bond and realizes that there are types of love that she & her fellow maidens don't understand just yet with Sanka Coo & Sous Rous agreeing to this point. Jerez urges Zarbuto, Rabanra & the humanoid blue alien (whose name is revealed to be "Zirloin") to win even if it "isn't beautiful" since Universe 2's existence rests on their shoulders; Zarbuto, Rabanra & Zirloin assure Jerez that they understand. The episode ends with Goku preparing to fight Zarbuto, Rabanra & Zirloin and the Narrator revealing that 15 minutes remain in the Tournament of Power.

This episode marks when Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau & Roasie/Sous Rous were eliminated from the Tournament of Power and fans seem to have very mixed feelings about the Maiden Squadron/Kamikaze Fireballs. I can see why Ribrianne's "love speeches" might have annoyed some fans and I'm guessing her moments of having "moral myopia" didn't help either but I think Veronica Taylor's performance is why I didn't have much of a problem with Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau (similar to how Brian Drummond's performance gave me an appreciation for Duplicate Vegeta); I can also appreciate that Ribrianne/Brianne de Chateau showed some character development by acknowledging that there are types of love that she doesn't understand yet. I also liked how this episode showed the twins acting as a team and found Android 18's interactions with Android 17 & Krillin to be very heart warming; this episode also reaffirms why I'm glad Meredith McCoy is voicing Android 18 again, I feel she has better chemistry with Chuck Huber's Android 17 & Sonny Strait's Krillin compared to Colleen Clinkenbeard. I found Zirloin's design to be pretty cool since I think General Rildo was one of the coolest characters from DBGT; I wouldn't mind if General Rildo were to become a "canon immigrant" at some point in the future. By the end of this episode, the Universe 2 Team now has 3 fighters still participating in the Tournament of Power (like the Universe 4 Team and the Universe 11 Team); I imagine that another universe will be fully eliminated from the tournament sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

So long Brianne. I can't say I'll miss your endless love chatter.

Oh sure, these three guys. Yeah, I think U2 is pretty screwed too.

Welp, two more KOs this episode. Total is 56 KOs with 24 fighters remaining.

A.Magik

When I initially saw those scenes of 18 remembering Kuririn working, it reminded me of the Daffy Duck Short "His Bitter Half", where the duck marries a widow and ends up doing the labor.
But then I rejected that conditioning with the truth: Since when is Kuririn a layabout? This guy, who plowed fields and carried milk at youth, would have no reluctance doing such labor. So it's not the cynical picture I thought.

Hypeathon

In Anime Ajay's animation breakdown of episode 117, he provides some insight on Yoshitaka Yashima and the importance of solo-key animators and mentioning of Ryo Onishi in the climax of the episode.

A.Magik

"So it's established krillin has no nose."

Actually Goku commented about Kuririn's lack of a nose several times in DRAGON BALL. One when he pep-talked Kuririn in his first-ever match (Bacterian). The other when Goku described Kuririn to Yajirobe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts