C&C - Dragon Ball Super - "Showdown Of Love! The Androids Vs. The Second Universe!" [6/29]

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Thank goodness that was the end of Ribrianne and that other one and their speeches. You don't have to rant about love 24/7, there's love on the down low that's just as strong like how the Androids have. heh. Was just starting to wonder if we'd see an episode with the androids fighting together. Great tactic to use U2's attacks against them. I hope we finally get to see a prolonged between Gohan and Piccolo and the U6 Namekians next week.

It was pretty hilarious that Goku and those 3 chumps just stood there like an inch from each other just staring in stance. I guess Freize is going to pick them off, inadvertently saving Goku (not like he'd admit to saving a monkey). Unless the Androids get to him in time. Vegeta trying very briefly to do UI was amusing then screew it, I'm hitting this guy. That's Vegeta. :D

Reactions: Light Lucario

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
Vegeta trying very briefly to do UI was amusing then screew it, I'm hitting this guy. That's Vegeta. :D
Definitely the funniest scene of the episode. Vegeta is a lot of things, but patient is not one of them. Guess he'll have to find an alternative way...

Even though I'm not a big Ribrianne fan, I really do like Veronica Taylor as a voice actress,which helped win me over.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
But then I rejected that conditioning with the truth: Since when is Kuririn a layabout? This guy, who plowed fields and carried milk at youth, would have no reluctance doing such labor. So it's not the cynical picture I thought.
Well if you go back and watch those episodes you'd remember he actually did try being a layabout at first. Though he wanted the training from Roshi to be stronger Krillin didn't expect it to be overly strenous or taxing at all, or that it would be dangerous. Thus his fear and panic at things like having to retrieve a stone from the jungle or when going on that training at first trying to cheap out of doing the work of plowing the fields or carrying milk. Yeah he eventually got into more of a groove but that was because of trying to compete and do better then Goku since like all of Goku's rivals he did at one point wish to be stronger then him and did try and train to accomplish that goal. And granted Krillin has matured a lot since then (much more then Goku has) from being a bratty devious little kid trying to scam his way into strength but yeah during that period he was a layabout. I honestly don't think he was one when he was in an actual relationship as it's clear he unlike Goku probably actually did spend time raising his kid and Super showed him actually getting a job and moving out of Roshi's house to get his own place and I don't think 18 would be the kind of wife who would go easy on him for slacking, but there was a period when he was one and it is nice to show that development... which doesn't have really much to do with this episode but still.

"So it's established krillin has no nose."

Actually Goku commented about Kuririn's lack of a nose several times in DRAGON BALL. One when he pep-talked Kuririn in his first-ever match (Bacterian). The other when Goku described Kuririn to Yajirobe.
Well actually Krillin's first ever match was against a tiger during that rock training I mentioned but if you're talking official 21st Worlds Martial Arts Tournament, that was the first match of round one of the actual tourney though the first match we saw Krillin in was against one of his old monk bullies that Krillin beat (even surprising himself) during the exhibition round. Again that's being really nitpicky about what happened before but I guess I'm in one of those moods.

I'm also in an enjoyed the episode mood. Again does feel nice after having so much focus on Goku to finally shift to someone else actually having a focus episode. And I have to say though it is surprising that of all people to take out Ribrenne considering she's fought against Goku, Vegeata and 17 that 18 takes her out still feels right as I do like showing that like Gohan, 18 deep down is also fighting for her family and seeing Krillin cheering her on seems like a nice sort of reversal we usually get in a series where it's the female love interest supporting the guy. We haven't seen that many reversals with this couple honestly in the series and it's good to see it and having Ribrenne have that super form 18 took down and then dissing Supreme Kai for trying to make a cheesy comment about it was nice. Of course with Ribrenne and... associate gone that does mean that like with Universe 6, Universe 2 is down to the "who really cares" members. Will they be able to pull something out to make us care about them at all as yeah otherwise don't seem long for this world. Not really much else to say otherwise but I am glad that still stupid as that whole 18 getting hurt by that random explosion before it at least tried for a good connection between the andriod siblings which yeah we never got when the two were on the heroic side (even counting GT) so glad we're getting that here.

A.Magik

Sep 28, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Yes, I'm well aware of how Kuririn tried to cheat his way out in the Kamesennin training (the stone incident and the shortcut on the jogging). The thing is, I was writing about the present situation. My earlier reaction to the flashback scenes was something like 'Kuririn is forced to do all the work while ball-in-chain 18 sits on her butt' a resemblance to the Daffy Duck "His Bitter Half" short (of course, I omitted the Ep. 84 scene of 18 doing dishes). My point is my realization that Kuririn has changed since 13, and would have no problem doing the labor, so I was mistaken on my misogynist conception of the scene.

You're correct about the 1st match being the Monk bully (who has a resemblance to one of the poachers. DB Anime still likes recycling its character designs). Sorry if you're in a mood.

When I think of Veronica Tayor, I don't think of Ash but that "Warrior of Justice" Princess Amelia Seyruun (SLAYERS). Gohan would find her kinda cool.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Definitely the funniest scene of the episode. Vegeta is a lot of things, but patient is not one of them. Guess he'll have to find an alternative way...
Fighting Jiren? :p But in a semi-serious note, I wonder if it helps that Goku is... hmm. How do I put this, not a high IQ intellectual so he's not the type to think of complex tactics and can free his mind to master UI? Whereas Vegeta seems like the opposite...

Reactions: Gold Guy

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
Yes, I'm well aware of how Kuririn tried to cheat his way out in the Kamesennin training (the stone incident and the shortcut on the jogging). The thing is, I was writing about the present situation. My earlier reaction to the flashback scenes was something like 'Kuririn is forced to do all the work while ball-in-chain 18 sits on her butt' a resemblance to the Daffy Duck "His Bitter Half" short (of course, I omitted the Ep. 84 scene of 18 doing dishes). My point is my realization that Kuririn has changed since 13, and would have no problem doing the labor, so I was mistaken on my misogynist conception of the scene.
Honestly though it's really only this show Super that shows it as much more of a two streak relationship as Z it was either just played for laughs or GT where the most emotion 18 had for Krillin was when he was dead, I never really saw it personally as an abusive relationship or one side just taking advantage of the other. Mostly because since Z it was established Krillin did actually want a wife and a family and love thus would be the kind of guy just happy being in a relationship and not really complain about it. Though I am really glad Super shows how much 18 cares for him and that we have this episode actually dedicated to how it's a big motivating factor for her. Again, a reversal of gender roles especially for an anime like Dragon Ball which... thinking about it has that actually happened before in this series? Where a male character calling out to the female character is what inspires the female character to take someone down? Can't really think of it personally myself.

Fighting Jiren? :p But in a semi-serious note, I wonder if it helps that Goku is... hmm. How do I put this, not a high IQ intellectual so he's not the type to think of complex tactics and can free his mind to master UI? Whereas Vegeta seems like the opposite...
Well Goku's supposed to be stupid in most everything else but actually is a fighting genius. Yeah he's not nearly as aggressive or prideful in his bouts but it's not like he approaches combat empty headed and in fact is really good at thinking of attacks or maneuvers in the middle of a fight and implementing them at critical junctures. I mean that's how he scored his first major hit on Freeza; not out powering him but realizing "oh hey he can't sense energy" and using that to his advantage. Heck even with some of these matches in the tournament of power Goku is about trying to figure out how an opponent attacks or their style is and countering it instead of just instantly over powering them just for the sake of challenge.

Honestly besides just the whole "main character" claus I think another thing to actually consider is that Vegeta isn't really facing up against anyone of any serious danger when trying to get to that next level. I mean Goku was nearly killed by Jiren and then seriously hit by Kelfa to get Ultra Instinct: two obviously ultra powerful characters within this saga. The guy Vegeta was facing here... not nearly in that level whatsoever thus just trying to take his attacks when your body subconciously knows how this isn't really a threat isn't really going to push him at all.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.