C&C - Dr. Stone: Stone Wars - “Humanity's Strongest Tag Team” [7/17]

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Bringing back the gag from the first season of Taiju poking Senku's eyes before reviving Tsukasa's sister was pretty funny. Senku wouldn't see the big deal of people being naked in this new world, but she still is a little girl who wouldn't want to deal with embarrassment on top of waking up to this new world. Tsukasa's reunion with his sister was surprisingly sweet. We didn't know about her until just the previous episode, but I think Tsukasa's reaction upon seeing her and his voice actor's performance made it more heartfelt than it could have been otherwise. Kohaku thinking back about how long she tried to help Ruri would make her more willing to relate to Tsukasa as well.

I wasn't too surprised with Hyoga betraying everyone. He was always too mysterious and he was pretty excited over the damage the dynamite caused. It was a bit strange that he could have stolen some dynamite without anyone noticing until the last minute, but he probably moved too fast and everyone might have had their guard down now that the war was seemingly over. Destroying the miracle cave was pretty intense though. That could prove to be a big problem with reviving more people. Hyoga attacking Mirai knowing that he would be able to stab Tsukasa was pretty brutal. Mirai just woke up from her coma into this strange new world and saw her brother seemingly die for her. Senku and Tsukasa falling over the waterfall was pretty intense.

As bad as Tsukasa could be with his view of the world, I don't think he was as far gone as Hyoga. Hyoga basically represents the natural extreme conclusion to Tsukasa's goal, which would be eugenics. Tsukasa destroying statues he deemed unfit to revive wasn't particularly better, but you could argue that he still had some good intentions or an honorable attitude towards wanting to make this world better for people. While Hyoga was right in that this world couldn't support billions of people, Senku wanting to make this world support all of the people who have been frozen in stone made sense. He's been able to make huge advancement in technology after just being revived a couple of years ago or so. Making this world more fit to support billions of people is quite possible with Senku's skills.

Even though Tsukasa was able to fight pretty well for someone with a hole in their chest, I assumed that Senku had some leftover revival fluid. He was holding Tsukasa's wound very firmly in his hand and while part of that could have been to reduce the bleeding, he also could have been trying to quickly heal Tsukasa. Their tag team was surprisingly cool to see. Even with their truce, I didn't expect Senku and Tsukasa to work so well together or so soon. It did show more of Tsukasa's honorable nature since he regret breaking his promise to Senku before in favor of his ideals. Now they were working in sync and the results were surprisingly effective.

The biggest twist was Senku's hand made stun gun. I assume that he put that on well after the initial attack on the miracle cave just as a backup plan. He wouldn't have much time to work on it during this fight. I'd say that Hyoga should be super dead after getting that much electricity in his body, but Tsukasa seemingly is okay after being stabbed in the chest and Senku probably made sure that the shock wouldn't be fatal anyway. It was still pretty cool to see them work together and I could see Tsukasa being willing to join Senku's Kingdom of Science as a result of this fight. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts