Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Toonami2020-Main-Image.png
Toonami2020-Demon-Slayer.png

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last Episode

Episode 11 – Tsuzumi Mansion

Tanjiro's next destination, according to his Kasugai Crow, is to the south-southeast. On the way, Tanjiro runs into his fellow Final Selection survivor, the swordsman Zenitsu Agatsuma. Tanjiro has a hard time dealing with Zenitsu's passive attitude as they head deep into the mountains. They encounter two children whose older brother was taken away right in front of their house. There, Zenitsu hears the sound of a tsuzumi ringing out from somewhere.
No Spoilers or Get Slain.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Previously on Demon Slayer: Two less demons in the world, and Courage the Cowardly Demon Slayer is back.

This guy's just a regular ladies man.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
Last time: Between Food Wars and SAO coming back, we could do with fewer people playing with their balls around here.

And yet we have a horndog here.

Hey, it's that kid from the Hunger Games-type demon examination.

Reactions: marklungo

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Damn dude, even Usopp isn't this much of a coward.

And this guy passed the Demon Slayer exam, eh?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
You talk to a guy and right away he thinks you belong to him.

Did he take acting lessons from Asta from Black Clover?

Here. Eat the onigiri. Just don't start screaming again.

"Are we there yet?"
"No."
"Are we there yet?"
"NO."
"Are we there yet?"
"NO!!!"

"You brought that bird here! I think you're EVIL! EVIL!!!"

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
"We'll defeat the bad guy and save your brother."

"Is that true?"

"Well...one of those things, at least."

SAO promo. Oy.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
"I promise to bury you when I return. Until then, just lie here in a puddle of your own blood."

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Kansas
nachosconcarne.com
I guess they saw the SAO promo too, huh?

"I promise to bury you once I return."
Just leave before he posthumously defecates himself.

However did he pass the demon test?

"Also, I got a splinter on my pinky finger..."
OMIGAWD I'M GONNA DIE IT'S ALL OVER FOR MEEEEEEEE

I've noticed their pupils are different from Tanjiro's.

Dude...you're gonna die. Eventually.

Cowards die many times before their death. The valiant never taste of death but once.

Hey, Steve Blum. Umm...why do you have ocean buoys sticking out of you?

Last edited:

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
U.S.A.
Oh look, it's the boar head guy I've heard so much about.

And I guess he's gone.

"If it hadn't been for those meddling kids!"

He's upset about Neil Peart's death and playing the drums in tribute. Wish he wouldn't kill people though.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Boy, Zenitsu make Asta sound like a soprano. But hmm, seems hearing is this guy's thing like how Tanjiro can smell. The sparrow seems like a cool dude.

Oh, cool, the boar head guy in the titles was already in the mansion. Wonder what this guy's ability will be.

Still, big mistake stepping inside the mansion. Still, Nezuko is another x-factor.

Reactions: marklungo

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was okay. I hated Zenitsu almost immediately. He was already shown to be cowardly during the Final Selection, or at least pretty depressed, but begging a random woman to marry him so that he wouldn't die alone is absolutely pathetic, especially when all she did was to check on him to see if he was okay. It's made even worse when this apparently happened a lot according to his bird. I think that they were trying to make him the comedy relief, but they missed that shot completely. He was just loud, whiny and annoying. Not to mention his backstory doesn't make much sense. He was apparently forced into become a Demon Slayer because he got into a lot of debt, but do Demon Slayers even get paid a lot of money? It's doubtful given that they work seemingly in secret and have to always be on the move. I don't understand why he can't just find a less dangerous job to pay back his debt.

Zenitsu survived through the Final Selection and is unfortunately a main character, so I assume he does have the skills to fight back against demons despite his cowardly demeanor, but I really wish that he wasn't like this. I'm sure that they're going to try to show him becoming braver over the course of the series, which is a nice idea, but right now, I just wish he was gone. Zenitsu is too annoying to be sympathetic. The bit about begging random women to marry him makes him look too pathetic and downright unlikable in my book, especially when I don't know why he can't do something else to pay back whatever money he owes. It's frustrating because what they do as Demon Slayers is dangerous, so being terrified is understandable, especially when these two characters are still children, but they just went way too far with Zenitsu's attitude to make it work.

It was sweet how Tanjiro wanted to help those kids and he was quite gentle with them too. I guess people in this world tend to have special powers based on one of their senses based on both Tanjiro with his nose and Zenitsu with his hearing. I still wish that they'd bother to explain more about that, but I guess the audience is expected to role with it. I thought that it was the older brother those kids were talking about before, but it was another person. His death was still quite brutal, but I liked how Tanjro was there for him as he was dying.

I was surprised that Tanjiro said that he hadn't full recovered from his previous injuries. I don't know how he could walk at all with a broken foot and rib. Of course, that just made Zenitsu freak out some more and made me wish he wasn't a main character even more. Leaving Nezuko with the kids seemed like a good idea at the time, but Tanjiro didn't factor in how they'd react to hearing her sleep. Although, it wasn't particularly smart of those kids to come into the house where they saw someone fall to their death either. The maze was pretty interesting and it was satisfying for someone to finally call Zenitsu out for being so pathetic. Tanjiro is too polite to do so.

The demon creating these rooms with his drums was pretty cool. I wasn't sure if he could even hear Tanjiro for a moment. I wasn't expecting the boar head guy to show up either. He seems to be one of the more popular characters in the series, so hopefully he'll turn out to be cool and likable. Overall, it was an okay episode. Zenitsu really brought it down a lot for me. To be fair, this is only first impression on him. I thought that Iida was kind of a jerk when he first appeared in My Hero Academia, but now he's one of my favorite characters from that series. I'm sure that Zenitsu is meant to change, but this by far one of the worst introductions for a main character that I've seen for a long time. He is just far too loud, annoying, pathetic and unlikable for me to be invested in his storyline right now. He really needs to just find another line of work that pays well and doesn't put his life in constant danger.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
So...Zenitsu is by far the most divisive character in the show. Some people find him to be really endearing, like Shaggy from Sooby-Doo....others find him to be super annoying and whiny.

For those who don't like him...hopefully he grows on you. :p

On a brighter note, the boar-headed guy is arguably the biggest fan favorite character in the series. He'll be getting a lot more to do in the coming weeks...

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
So...Zenitsu is by far the most divisive character in the show. Some people find him to be really endearing, like Shaggy from Sooby-Doo....others find him to be super annoying and whiny.

For those who don't like him...hopefully he grows on you. :p
That doesn't really bode well if this episode is any indication of his usual behavior. Shaggy has way more dignity than Zenitsu. He could bring down the series quite a bit for me if his role is just being the group comedy relief coward. At least people might not jump on my case if I do end up hating him since he seems to be the kind of character people either love or hate.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
Damn dude, even Usopp isn't this much of a coward.

And this guy passed the Demon Slayer exam, eh?
I can't blame Zenitsu. He was basically sold into child servitude and forced against his will to fight demons. Keep in mind, he's only 16 years old and forced to fight flesh eating monsters.

Anyway, I like Zenitsu. It makes sense that in this world not everyone would be gungho about fighting demons.

I like his personality. Not everyone in this show should be like Tanjiro. Obviously, he couldn't have passed final selection without having some skills. Something seems very pure and endearing about Zenitsu. I like that he's aware of how much danger the Demon Slayers find themselves in.

Reactions: Terror of Death

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Flintstones = Grand Dad, what does Yogi Bear equal? Grand Bear?
It took me all day and most of the month, but I finally got my 2 laptops upgraded (SSD, new RAM, replaced any and all broken parts, full cleanup of useless programs and salvaging useful ones). It was rough work, but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Someday, I'm gonna do this for a living, honestly.
Asa
What is with Nickelodeon US refusing to air the Pineapple RV episode of SpongeBob? It's already been aired in some countries, how come America didn't get it yet?
Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons are finally getting a blu-ray release after years of us waiting, at last!
#RIPKobe, Gigi, and the others in the helicopter.