Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Toonami2020-Main-Image.png
Toonami2020-Demon-Slayer.png

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last Episode

Episode 25 – Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri

Tanjiro, who's undergoing rehabilitation training at the Butterfly Mansion, works hard to keep up his Total Concentration Breathing techniques all day long. Though at first, he's helpless against Kanao, a swordswoman in his class who's training him, he slowly but surely begins to make some headway. Seeing Tanjiro devote himself to training every single day, Zenitsu and Inosuke resume training as well, but...

No Spoilers or Get Slain.

Nobodyman

Previously on Demon Slayer: Zenitsu continues to be annoying.

Oh well. Only two episodes left.

Don't snore when you sleep Tanjiro. Could be a sign of sleep apnea.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Take a deep breath.

Try sleeping with two pillows. You're less likely to snore with your head propped.

Yeah, keep internal monologuing with your mouth closed.

Nobodyman

Tanjiro would ace that blow the ball to the top of the water test.

At least he doesn't have to worry about asthma.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You're looking for sympathy from a bird?

Expand your gut when you breathe. You get more oxygen.

Well, that got them going.

Nobodyman

Didn't know Japan still had a slave trade in the early 1900's

Been a long time since we've seen these guys.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
LOL U MAD?

I WAS STILL MAKING PAYMENTS ON THAT SWORD!!

No it looks like he's giving Tanjiro a back massage.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Kids today just have no appreciation for fine sword craftsmanship.

At least he respects a girl in victory.

So "fire breathing" isn't the same as "flame breathing"?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The cold open of the girls hitting Tanjiro caught me off guard, couldn't stop laughing.

Loved that Shinobu knew exactly how to manipulate Zenitsu and Inosuke into resuming their training and getting them back into spirits. :D

Damn, that's a gut wrenching back story.

Hagenazuka is passionate all right... and so is Kanamori. lol. Yes, those sword makers are all emotional about their art. I guess you would be, too, if you saw your work being bashed with a rock.

Awesome, Tanjiro caught up to Kanae's level!

Interesting the estate seemed to be traditional Japanese but the office where Shinobu examined Tanjiro was more Western. I think in Kanae's flashback, there might have been a cop in Western Meiji era cop garb.

Hmm, a difference between flame breathing and fire breathing. Seeding sure but glad it got brought up nonetheless. Shinobu was probably too young to have met Tanjiro's father if he indeed used to be a slayer.

Hmm, did Nezuko use telepathy or was that Tanjiro's subconscious projecting?

Wait is that a teaser for that Infinity Train movie?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
It's pretty awkward for Demon Slayer to end on a comic relief training arc and based on reviews, viewers can't decide if the comedy is one of its best or worst qualities. Anime News Network praises the comedy while THEM Anime Reviews pans it. I find some jokes land and others don't, so this is an all right arc, but I still prefer the more intense episodes 1-20 to the final third. We do get to see setup for the train arc, which I think the movie is gonna adapt, whenever it comes out considering the anime delays. The movie will probably be a return to form of sorts and Ufotable doing movie animation sounds awesome. I know that Ufotable's Fate:Stay Night Heaven's Feel movies are acclaimed, but not legally streaming anywhere unlike all the other Fate stuff. Anyway, I hope the Demon Slayer movie is also visually gorgeous.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Kids today just have no appreciation for fine sword craftsmanship.

At least he respects a girl in victory.

So "fire breathing" isn't the same as "flame breathing"?

It's supposed to be Breath of the Sun. I do like the Breath of Fire gag since that was a good series of JRPG's.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts