Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Toonami2020-Main-Image.png
Toonami2020-Demon-Slayer.png

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Last Episode

Episode 24 – Rehabilitation Training

The injured Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke are sent to the home of the Insect Hashira, Shinobu Kocho, for treatment. Two weeks later, Tanjiro and Inosuke start rehabilitation training. But the drills are brutal, and they find themselves broken in spirit. Unaware of the grueling regimen, Zenitsu joins them late and is visibly enthusiastic in front of girls, but...

No Spoilers or Get Slain.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Right. We'll let you off with a warning this time, but watch it.

Is he related to that lady from Blue Exorcist?

Nobodyman

Previously on Demon Slayer: "Alright, I guess your stupid demon sister can stay, but we don't like it!"

"You don't think I'm gonna gobble him up, do you?"

Oh come on, don't we get enough of that from the demons?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Either he's injured or that mask keeps cutting off his oxygen.

Don't worry about the sleeves, Zenitsu, they'll ride up with wear.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

I would think your limbs would get longer if you almost turned into spider. Heck, you may even have additional limbs.

They're going to rehab? I hear those don't have particularly high success rates.

Back to those weird head bobble transitions.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
This is reminding me of a Monty Python sketch about hospitals using patients as labor, but I can't find it on YouTube.

This Zenitsu character is beginning to annoy me.

I can't take anyone's advice on girls whose sleeves are too big for his arms.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
And in the end, Tanjiro is the one with the fan club.

Never underestimate the restorative power of a few deep breaths.

Blowing into gourds? I thought we'd be done with the innuendo with SAO off the schedule.

They tried to make them go to rehab, they said no, no, no.

Oh man, I broke my sword, dad's gonna kill me.

She's so cute when she's mad.

It is possible to forge positive human-demon relations. Trust me. I've seen all of Inuyasha.

Last edited:

Nobodyman

You know what they say about people who smile all the time. They're either really angry or really sad, deep down.

Sad backstory time for Shinobu.

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Aw man, I kinda want to see what mission the Fire Hashira is getting himself into.

Light isn't gonna dig this episode, lol. Man, I wonder how much damage Zenitsu's voice actor has done to himself...

It's cute the three little girls have taken to Tanjiro and helped him along. Guess their wish is to have a big bro.

The special training... blowing into gourds.... Oi. Thought we had that innuendo with SAO and Food Wars...

Well, there's the new high bar to pass. Using total concentration all the time.

Shinobu's back story - as tragic and sad as expected. Seems her family are very formidable fighters though. But man she has some space issues.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was okay. To the surprise of no one, as pretty much everyone already called it, I absolutely loathed Zenitsu throughout the entire episode. At first, he was just loud, whiny and annoying, which was more standard and I could have almost tolerated it if this wasn't how Zenitsu was at least ninety-five percent of his screentime. Being so upset over his medicine and how Tanjiro got different medicine out of favoritism was pretty stupid. I almost wanted to call it childish, but that would be insulting to children.

What really bothered me was his reaction to rehab. It was so over the top that it was at least a twenty on a scale of one to ten. They obviously wanted it to be funny, but it just cemented the fact that I can not take this annoying moron seriously. He is too annoying to be funny and too pathetic to be sympathetic. He also sounded extremely shallow for gushing over the prospect of this physical therapy treatment just because girls get to touch him. Yeah, he's a teenage boy with hormones, but that excuse can only go so far and even, it still makes him look shallow and pathetic. This is also exactly why I don't believe his crush on Nezuko is sincere in the slightest. He took one look at these girls and didn't see them as fellow Demon Slayers or people trying to help him and his friends physically recover. He just saw a room full of pretty girls who would have to touch him, was enraged that his friends were so exhausted after what he thought was paradise and gushed over them during his initial treatment. That is just stupid, shallow and pathetic. Zenitsu is the worst thing about this series in my opinion and I will stand firmly on that. It's still overrated with or without him, but this series would be far more enjoyable for me if he was written out of it.

Fortunately, he didn't get much screentime during the second half and then it became a bit more of a standard training episode for Tanjiro. They did seem to push them into rehab a bit too early, but I guess that they'd want to have their Demon Slayers physically recovered as soon as possible. Trying to do the breathing technique all the time would be pretty difficult even if he was in better physical condition.

The scene with Shinobu was really nice though. She has been calm and collected pretty much since she first appeared, but Tanjiro was able to see, or I guess smell with his strange special ability, her anger. Wanting to befriend demons was a bit strange and concerning though. It made sense with her backstory, but I find it concerning in the sense that it might create some problems down the road. Going back and forth between demons being evil and victims is basically the same problem Tokyo Ghouls had with ghouls. To be fair, that was a big issue from pretty early on in season one from what I can recall, while demons have been more consistent in this series, but I think befriending demons would be a really bad and stupid turn for the series. With rare exceptions, every demon shown thus far has been evil. They are still victims who regain some sense of their humanity only in their deaths, but they also don't try to downplay everything they've done, aside from Rui. Maybe it was more of a translation issue or she was talking about just helping demons until a cure can be found, but I really don't want the series to treat demons like victims without remembering that they are still monsters who kill innocent people.

Her backstory was still pretty sad and it does explain why she wasn't fully into the idea of killing Nezuko before either. Saying that she can rest now that Tanjiro can carry that dream was a major red flag though. Overall, it was an okay episode.

Terror of Death

Zenitsu losing it was a highlight for me.
Another highlight, one of the girl nurses puts Zenitsu in the Figure-4. The other two are giving him armbars.

Definitely one of funniest scenes in the the series and Zenitsu continues to solidify himself as the best character in the series. For a second there I thought he was going to say something serious when he held his head down and used his thunder breathing voice. Kudos to his English and Japanese actors for displaying so much vocal range and emotion in quick succession.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm still trying to add pages from Yahoo Answers to the Wayback Machine; if you know of any interesting pages add them & send me a link.
I still hate the fact on the forums when you make a comment on a post and even you click "watch" you sometimes get no notification about it when someone makes a comment.
Someone made an interesting comparison between Sponge Out Of Water and Avengers Endgame.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin have their first baby, a son named Dakota.

The Anime Superhero Hotel Concept is now available to everyone in this forum. Check it out if you want it.

Featured Posts