C&C - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - "Against Corps Rules" [3/21]

PicardMan

Staff member
The spider arc finally ends two episodes after its climax. We seem to get mixed reactions to the overly long "pity the villain" flashback. I guess the next episode will be similar to the trial of Eren Yaeger except it's about Nezuko rather than the main character's transformation being a threat. It feels like episodes 1-19 were a thrill ride, but the episodes after it don't feel as exciting. Maybe we'll get some beautiful battle sequence next arc.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The spider arc finally ends two episodes after its climax. We seem to get mixed reactions to the overly long "pity the villain" flashback. I guess the next episode will be similar to the trial of Eren Yaeger except it's about Nezuko rather than the main character's transformation being a threat. It feels like episodes 1-19 were a thrill ride, but the episodes after it don't feel as exciting. Maybe we'll get some beautiful battle sequence next arc.
Idk, I have a feeling the next episodes/arc will show us the inner workings of the Demon Corps a bit more and may be exposition heavy. Then probably seg way into a mini-training arc or the next mission. I think the former since the last battles of the spider arc showed the trio they need to level up. I'm hoping the majority of the Corps form an opinion about Nezuko similar to Tomioka rather than Shinobu. I mean, just thinking strategically, having a demon hybrid who can use Blood Arts against other demons might pretty useful. But naturally the issue is prejudice and what they've been taught about demons.

PicardMan

Staff member
Idk, I have a feeling the next episodes/arc will show us the inner workings of the Demon Corps a bit more and may be exposition heavy.

Seasons of shonen anime tend to not really have the end of the season be a big climax like expected, with season 1 of Promised Neverland being the very abnormal exception (season 3 of MHA being an example where the second half was far more muted than the tense first half). We'll probably see something similar here as I heard lots of "episode 19 is the best ever hype," but have never heard much talk about about episodes 20-26. Episodes 20-21 were the overly long denouement of the spider demon arc and I guess exposition is up next. The worldbuilding could still be interesting, so I think I can be okay if I go in without the expectations of seeing Ufotable eye candy. Admittedly, that was the only truly remarkable thing about episodes 1-19, but the main characters are fairly likable (even divisive Zenitsu) and I don't really expect episodes 22 onward to outright suck, but I predict I will probably find them "okay."

Endeavor24

Dont have much to say this episode its pretty straightforward. Tanjiro most likely got this sympathetic stance on demons because of Nezuko. I agree that no matter how tragic the demons are there very little that can be done except killing them, Nezuko is one of the few exceptions.

After all that Rui put him through, it must had took alot of strength for Tanjiro to confront him as he lay dying. Usually the compassion toward enemies are annoying as that always backfire and make the main character looks like a idot; Tanjiro still does his job and express his sympathy AFTER it is done which causes no harm whatsoever.

It is called the middle ground and I have no idea why so many shows have a problem with this. Seriously, the part when he gave the mother a painless death was a beautiful scene and one of his best. Also sad considering he just helping her commit sudicide.

Also, I know Shinbou is a fan favorite but I just find her incredibly unnerving. The whole constant smile that never reach her eyes make me wish I never actually meet someone like that. Like nope.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.
Anyone who thinks the Original Powerpuff Girls is cynical clearly never watched the show. Fone Bone is a hack
Fone Bone needs to be banned from this site, because he thinks the Original Powerpuff Girls is mean-spirited and he hates Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
CNC
Here's my Ideal Disney XD schedule for next week. What do you think?
harry580 wrote on Streaker Prower's profile.
I like your profile picture, tails is my favorite

Featured Posts