C&C - Death Note - "Father" [5/9]

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

XOMiss_Samantha

Ah yes, irrational hate of a fictional character...

Irrational? Compared to the countless other obsessions on the internet [which mostly involve a legion of fanboys who every night before going to bed secretly kiss the 'anime-babe' picture they keep hidden in their desk drawer], the irrational hate of a fictional character doesn't sound too bad.

RockmanDash

Retired
Irrational? Compared to the countless other obsessions on the internet [which mostly involve a legion of fanboys who every night before going to bed secretly kiss the 'anime-babe' picture they keep hidden in their desk drawer], the irrational hate of a fictional character doesn't sound too bad.

Oh come on! Its Misa misa! Matsuda would so agree with me on this one:D.

My desk has no drawers...

Dark Moridin

Lurker of all Relevant Posts
Light's pain...

Well, Light get's his when his daddy dies. I for one think that Light was sincere when his pops died.

Like hell, more like hotest moment (therefore good) in deathnote to date.

one of the only things i like about Misa.\

hey during that scene, was Light making flirty noises? or was that the new shinigami?

If I had been Light, I would have made those noises and more. Misa did some things that Light was very proud of, so he needed to reward her.

Now it's time to say goodbye to all your infamy... M-I-H... A-E-L... K-E-E-H-L.

We got poppa down!

Oh gosh, he'll pass on to the next world believing that lie.

CRIMONY LIGHT! YOU'VE GOT MISA'S NOTEBOOK! HE TOLD YOU MELLO'S NAME! HE EVEN SPELLED IT FOR YOU! JUST WRITE IT YOURSELF!!

I was thinking the same thing. How come Light just didn't off Mello himself. Then someone pointed out that Light didn't have Mello's face to do the deed. I was very confused how Mellow arranged how the buildihng expoled but nobody died except for Light's dad who was shot a bunch by the faking dead mafia guy. How did his dad not see that that guy still had a lifespan?

I have to admit that Light's plan to give up his notebook perplexed me until the end when his dad couldn't see that Light didn't have a lifespan. seems he accounted for everything except for his dad not killing Mello.

very perplexing eppy for me.

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
I was thinking the same thing. How come Light just didn't off Mello himself.

No one but the mafia and the Japanese police knew about this, and no one else knew Mello's name except chief Yagami who got it with the eyes, so if Light wrote it down it would be a huge giveaway that someone on the Japanese police is Kira.

SNS

No it's like the others said, he can't kill Mello because he has only seen a drawning of Mello. In the manga he even asks the others if they saw Mello's face. Also there's a very brief thought by him in the next chapter (I'm putting in spoilers just in case but I'm sure the anime doesn't have it).

He thinks to himself about tricking someone from Whammy's House into writing the name but he can't get in contact with them again. This is all just one thought bubble, something the anime most likely will not include.

sparkykandy

Thanks to two tornado warnings in a row I got to miss the second half of this episode. Argh. I hate tornadoes. Thank god for the Fix.

Err, did Light really do it with Misa? Here, I was thinking Light was an asexual bastard incapable of having sex and then that scene happens. Unless they were just only making out.

Papa Yagami's death was so sad. :crying: His death scene made me shed tears. Though I can't tell whether Light's tears were real or not. He has shown that he cares for nobody several times before.

As for those who said that Papa Yagami should have found out that his son was Kira, I don't know. Having him find out would have made Papa Yagami's life a living hell or something like that. Is it better dying believing a lie though it will make you happy, or is it better dying knowing the truth yet it'll make you sad? Who knows. Maybe it was for the best that Papa Yagami didn't find out the truth.

Just one thing bugs me. Mello was holding onto the Death Note when Shidoh took it right? How come he didn't see Shidoh then? Sure his hand was gloved but then later on, when he touch the Death Note, he put his gloved hand on the Death Note and then Bamn! He could see Shidoh. Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
Err, did Light really do it with Misa? Here, I was thinking Light was an asexual bastard incapable of having sex and then that scene happens. Unless they were just only making out.
They've been together for years at this point, it can be assumed that they've had sex. Regardless of what Light's real feelings (or lack thereof) for Misa are, it's in his best interest to keep her placated. If he's been turning down her sexual advances all this time, she's bound to become suspicious of him.

Dark Moridin

They've been together for years at this point, it can be assumed that they've had sex. Regardless of what Light's real feelings (or lack thereof) for Misa are, it's in his best interest to keep her placated. If he's been turning down her sexual advances all this time, she's bound to become suspicious of him.

Not to get too descriptive, but we must remember rule number one, Light is a MAN! He may not honestly love Misa, but she is one of few people on the planet who can identify with him. And when he wants to celebrate one of his Kira acheivments, she is the only one he can do so with, and on a very primal level. Now, speaking as a man, who isn't sex deprived and all that jazz, to have a parnter to celebrate in that manner actually does matter. even cavemen wanted company (although we don't drag women by the hair anymore). I personally believe that Light actually does care for Misa on some level. Placation of Misa is just an added convienence.

my two cents, that's all.

purplehairedwonder

No woman should suffer at the hands of men
Staff member
It's been awhile since I've been this far in Death Note, not having read the manga in awhile so I had forgotten just how sad Soichiro's death was. Him dying while believing that Light wasn't Kira is just cruel. I suppose you could argue that it was a kind act, but considering Light... no, it was cruel for Soichiro to believe Light was innocent when he paid the ultimate price for the Kira investigation. So sad. I'd like to think that a small part of Light was sad to see his father go, but his scheming just negates that.

And Sidoh is awesome.

Dark Moridin

It's been awhile since I've been this far in Death Note, not having read the manga in awhile so I had forgotten just how sad Soichiro's death was. Him dying while believing that Light wasn't Kira is just cruel. I suppose you could argue that it was a kind act, but considering Light... no, it was cruel for Soichiro to believe Light was innocent when he paid the ultimate price for the Kira investigation. So sad. I'd like to think that a small part of Light was sad to see his father go, but his scheming just negates that.

And Sidoh is awesome.

Yeah, for all the yelling that Light does, you have to think, he gave up the death note just for this, for when his dad laid eyes on him. who would have guessed it would be on his death bed (well, those who have read/watched this before)

SNS

Just one thing bugs me. Mello was holding onto the Death Note when Shidoh took it right? How come he didn't see Shidoh then? Sure his hand was gloved but then later on, when he touch the Death Note, he put his gloved hand on the Death Note and then Bamn! He could see Shidoh. Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

Yeah it's another thing that was explained in the manga but wasn't in the anime. According to the Shinigami rules, he first needs to touch the notebook while the owner is touching it for the others to be able to see him when they touch it. When Sidoh sees Mello he thinks to himself:

Even if I touch the notebook, this guy still can't see me. But Kal Snydar is the present owner of the notebook. So all I have to do is touch it when Syndar is touching it, and he'll be able to see me. Then the others can touch the notebook...

Lazerboy5000

Catch 'ya Later!
This was defiantly a change of pace. KIRA suggesting to use his notebook to kill Mello. But with the notebook in Soichiro’s possession, couldn’t he have checked the back of the book to find out that the 13 day rule was a fake? Well, he should have and it would have gave him the courage to write Mello’s real name to kill him.

But Soichiro looked really cool with the Shinigami eyes. They glowed red… nice touch.

And Light’s plan was flawless, he gave up ownership so his dad could see the number’s on his head, and he encouraged him to still write Mello’s name, and he did it in the right way. He defiantly got back at Mello, even if he wasn’t able to kill him.

5/5

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts