C&C - DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters - "Gohan Located! Training In The World of The Kais!" [10/21]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Don't drink that. You don't know who it's been.

"Money is yucky! Milk is yummy!"
Communist!

animePWNS

1955-2024
Great, now the kid's gonna be a cannibal.

Cowboy Bebop quotes over other anime. They forgot "Bang."

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
So Buu can cure blindness. If only he could open his own eyes to what good he can do...
Something tells me that would happen eventually....
And he won't be the only one who will see reform. Let's just say Ironic Name will come into play.

jaylop97

Staff member
Just when Buu did something good, looks like the moment got spoiled probably like that milk.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
Just when Buu did something good, looks like the moment got spoiled probably like that milk.

Let's be fair: he's basically been created to be a kid taught to see destroying the universe's residents as a game, while having the power to win that game easily. (Which does bring up that Bibidi and Babidi's fates are karma, but that's besides the point.)

And I know that Piccolo in the original dub told Goku to do what you'll probably tell me, to not make excuse for the guy. The scene is still clear-cut foreshadowing of what's going to happen later. What would warrant spoiler tagging is how it happens, not that it does.

jaylop97

Staff member
Good, Krillin was going to cheat, that is what he gets for nearly cheating against Roshi.

jaylop97

Staff member
Don't push it guys. That Z sword is bound to have a limit.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
It slices, it dices, it does rock scuplting!

Was that supposed to happen?

Or maybe you just got that sword at a Ren Fest for $50.

jaylop97

Staff member
How old can you be? If SK is already as old as Buu.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
These guys react to anything.

"Hey, I found a nickel on the ground."
"WHAAAAAAAAAAT?! HOW CAN THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

OT: Another Samurai Jack-a-thon. I didn't think they were doing anything for Halloween this year.

jaylop97

Staff member
Well too bad looks like we will wait longer. But SJ makes it worth it.

DBTrilogy100

Picking up where we last left off, Goku uses Instant Transmission to reunite with Gohan on the Planet of the Kais and the two catch each other up to speed on current events, Goku even gives the Z-Sword a couple of swings before Shin decides on a lunch break. One day passes on Earth and the boys convince Piccolo to show them the Fusion Dance and he does so with Krilin's help (this scene lead to the creation of the fan character, "Prillin"). During his rampage, Majin Buu comes across a blind boy and is annoyed that the boy's blindness prevents the boy from seeing and fearing Buu...so he heals the boy's eyes and is surprised by the boy being grateful and hugging him. The boy even offers Buu money as thanks but Buu thinks it's bad tasting food and gets the boy some milk (by turning a milk man into milk). Despite this heart warming moment, Majin Buu continues to go about destroying cities.

As the boys continue to practice the Fusion Dance, Goku & Gohan have some father & son bonding with some baseball practice...except with the Z-Sword and a big rock. After the success of that test, Shin conjures up a block of Katchin, the hardest known material in the universe, to test the Z-Sword...and it ends up breaking. The episode ends with the sudden arrival of someone (voiced by Kent Williams, like Shin) calling himself a Supreme Kai from 15 generations ago; he is commonly referred to as "Old Kai" or "Elderly Kai".

I remember finding Majin Buu curing the boy of his blindness to be rather sweet back when I watched Regular DBZ and it was a nice bit of foreshadowing on the way. Goku helping Gohan test the Z-Sword was also a nice moment and I remember being very surprised when Old Kai first appeared. It looks like we'll have to wait an extra week before we get the next episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts