C&C - Black Clover - "The Water Girl Grows Up" [10/6]

Nobodyman

toonami2018-_main_template-png.189602
toonami2018-_black_clover-png.189612

Opening Theme: "Guess Who Is Back" by Koda Kumi
Ending Theme: "Four" by Faki

IMG_20180716_095153-e1531717633733.jpg

Previously on Black Clover:
Yuno, Klaus and Mimosa hear a scream and rush into the shop it came from, only to find it was Noelle being stripped naked by Vanessa so she can try on bikinis. After they leave Noelle buys the most expensive bikini in the shop, hoping it will get Asta’s attention. The Black Bulls fly to the beach, only realising they accidentally left Gordon Agrippa behind after arriving. The Bulls begin having fun while Noelle is embarrassed at how much skin her bikini reveals but eventually decides she does want Asta to see her wearing it. However her every attempt to get Asta to notice are ruined by the Bulls antics. Sekke, who also happened to be at the beach, is blasted into the ocean by the Bulls mad stampede before he can flirt with any girls. Yami arrives and immediately punishes them for slacking off. He explains that the temple is on the ocean floor protected by magical ocean currents so strong most people would drown before breaking through. The only time the currents are weak is during the full moon, which is still a week away, and the only Black Bull capable of manipulating water is Noelle. Despite her lack of confidence Yami orders her to practise controlling her magic enough to break through the current. Noelle begins practising turning her water shield into an airtight water bubble that would allow them to breathe underwater. Asta offers to help her train but they suddenly hear a voice and further down the beach they find a young woman singing.

Tonight: Asta and Noelle train for their upcoming mission and meet a girl named Kahono, whose dream is to become an idol who can sing, dance, and use magic.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: For once, a beach episode where the excessive fan service WASN'T its biggest issue.

Of course, it was a beach episode of THIS show...

Nobodyman

Previously on Black Clover: Probably the most unpleasant beach episode I've ever seen.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
This Tycho track is wasted on the bumps for this show.

If their sovereign state is more competently run than this Clover clown show, I say more power to 'em.

"Push past your limits."
Tall order for a girl in a shonen series.

If I were the leader of this kingdom I'd want to jump out of a window too.

Nobodyman

You know, I feel like the Wizard King is more like what Naruto as the Hokage should be.

And now a musical segment to promote a Japanese pop idol.

And she's an airhead. Figures.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
So much good music wasted on this show.

And cue shtick.

TSUNDERE MODE ACTIVATE.

You're talking to someone who doesn't know what a dungeon is.

Nobodyman

What do you think this is, Asta? A single payer system?

Don't worry Noelle. Plot-contrivance girl is here to solve your problem.

"My family?" *cut to scene of graveyard* Touchy subject, I take it.

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
A serene mind and a peaceful heart? Good luck with that.

Demand suddenly skyrocketed. You all saw it!

Glad to see SOMEONE training around here.

"I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA!"
Oh, well, everybody, let's all listen to Asta's great idea. As soon as our EARS STOP BLEEDING!

Nobodyman

Just go with the flow

FRIENDSHIP...rocks, but is kinda brought down by how dumb this show is.

Good going Noelle. You ruined your romantic moment.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
BELIEVE IN THE ONE-NOTE LOSER FRIENDS WHO BELIEVE IN YOU!

Yeah, well, we've had a lot of memories with these idiots, too, and about three or four of them are pleasant.

TRIUMPHANT MOMENT OF SELF-WORTH EXPERIENCING TSUNDERE MODE ACTIVATE.

Oh yeah, almost forgot--
FRIENDSHIP ROCKS!!!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Should we be suspicious of Kahano? A new character, really friendly, really helpful magic, charges money for really helpful magic...

Radical

Banned
Episode 41 was pretty sweet,

Kahano, best cute new girl, love her, cool that she wants to be a popular idol:anime:.

Kahano's new healing spell on Asta called Song Recovery Magic was awesome.

Noelle having a female friend her own age and her friendship with Kahano was sweet/cute:D, nice that she's not jealous of another new girl though, but I find her jealousy moments cute/funny.

Poor Noelle joins with Lelouch/Hatchin(Michiko & Hatchin) on having awful abusive scumbag families, but Asta will defeat them and Noelle will have payback on them.

Noelle practicing controlling her water magic and Asta helping her was sweet.

Noelle finally getting stronger with her water magic controlling it because of her pleasant memories with her friends and getting a cool new spell Sea Dragon's Cradle was awesome:D.

Cool of Asta and Yami/the Black Bulls supporting/congratulating her.

A nice foreshadowing ending from Kahano on seeing Noelle again in the Underwater Temple.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
An training episode referring to Noelle as the Water Girl. We needed one person to encourage her,

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I thought the Black Bulls cheering Noelle on was a pretty moving scene. I also like Kahono, she has a very likable personality. That's a big thing about the show for me. Charming and likable characters.

Like the "Dorksta" stuff. I enjoy friends who can good naturedly razz each other.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts