C&C - Black Clover - "The Magic Knight Captains Conference" [9/15]

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.

Previously on Black Clover:
Neige explains to Noelle his motivation to turn himself in so he and Asta can be friends. Noelle continues to worry about Asta, which is noticed by Rebecca. In the caves the captains begin arguing amongst themselves, revealing that Jack and Yami duelled in the past, and that Charlotte is in love with Yami but is too stubborn to tell him. Charlotte duels Rhya, Jack duels Vetto and Nozel attempts to kill Licht but ends up duelling Fana. Licht grows angrier over Asta owning the 5 leaf Grimoire and his swords. Finral teleports Yami over Licht’s head for a surprise attack while Asta appears next to Licht and together he and Yami knock Licht to the ground. The entire cave is filled with light, as Asta’s sword nullifies a hidden sealing spell on Licht and his personality drastically changes. He identifies Asta’s swords as the Demon Slayer Sword and Demon Dweller Sword that once belonged to his Master, the true and unseen leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun. As Licht’s power grows out of control the cave begins to crumble under the pressure. The Third Eye all break away from their duels and cast a new sealing spell on Licht, returning him to normal. They all disappear into a portal, promising the Eye of the Midnight Sun will return. Asta once more passes out from exhaustion. Nozel decides to keep an eye on Asta from now on. Elsewhere the Eye of the Midnight Sun members argue over what to do next and Rhya decides there is somewhere they have to go straight away.

Tonight: The Wizard King summons Asta after his work dealing with the Eye of the Midnight Sun. Yami tells Asta he can come with him to the royal capital, since he has to go to a conference of all the Magic Knights Captains.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,651 1
Kansas
nachosconcarne.cartoonsdammit.com
I can guess what will happen this week--Asta will probably scream his head off about nothing in particular, Noelle will insult him, call him names and start hitting him while internally monologuing about how much she likes him and why she can't just be nice to him, Gauche will see a little sister and get a metaphorical stiffy, Yami will act all crass and rude and wondering where the nearest bar is, and most everyone else will be there solely for the purpose of occupying space.

He's awakened in Times Square on New Year's Eve.

Well, so far I was right about Noelle.

"Gawd, why do you snore while you're unconscious?"

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.
I can guess what will happen this week--Asta will probably scream his head off about nothing in particular, Noelle will insult him, call him names and act like a brat while internally monologuing about how much she likes him and why she can't just be nice to him, Gauche will see a little sister and get a metaphorical stiffy, Yami will act all crass and rude and wondering where the nearest bar is, and most everyone else will be there solely for the purpose of occupying space.
Yes, but in what context will they be doing all this? Answer that, smarty-pants.

"Well, I'll get stronger times a million!"

"Well, I'll get stronger times infinity!"

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,651 1
Kansas
Yes, but in what context will they be doing all this? Answer that, smarty-pants.
Have they ever needed context?

"I'll just keep getting stronger!"
"I'll just keep getting stronger times ten!"
"Stronger times a hundred!"
"Times a thousand!"
"Times infinity!"

"Hey, no fighting, big brother!"
*Gauche stands up*
BOY-OY-OY-OY-OING!

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.
Men like women who know how to cook, and women like men who know how to cook. What I'm saying is, learn to cook, people.

Yep, Asta's a chick magnet. Totally realistic.

Lots of eating in this episode.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,651 1
Kansas
Okay, he has a harem. I got it.

Noelle, stop freaking out every time a girl gets within ten feet of Asta, tell him how you feel and get it over with.

So we're going to spend the entire episode doing incredibly pointless and stupid things.

The protectors of the peace and defenders of the innocent participating in a pie eating contest. Black Clover!

Last edited:

marklungo

Greetings from Honneamise
Jul 14, 2005
Ratings
Berea, Ohio
So the Magic Knights are fratboy idiots who can't even do an eating contest right. Sleep well, citizens!

Okay, that psychedelic AS promo we just saw is more entertaining than the entirety of Black Clover so far.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.
Every time that girl says "They must die", I think of this bit.

Wizard King is such a fanboy.

Is it me or does Jack the Ripper sound like an imitation of Mark Hamill's Joker?

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,651 1
Kansas
"Did I mention I hate men (yet am secretly in love with the unwashed brute sitting next to me)?"

If I wanted to see a bunch of Squad Captains sit around insulting each other, I'd have streamed an episode of Bleach.

Tough crowd.
But then when has anyone on this show EVER BEEN FUNNY?!

Quit while you're ahead, kid. Actually, just quit.

Radical

Deborah Bispo so epic and hot!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
279 1
Lacey,Washington
Episode 38 was pretty great,

Klaus and Mimosa healing Asta was great.

A shame poor Yuno missed the fight with Leicht, both Yuno/Noelle to join the fight with Leicht was gonna be epic, oh well:sad:.

Neige's custody punishment was sweet/satisfying.

Asta having a harem, cool.

Sister Theresa recovered was sweet, best awesome supporting female character:anime:.Both Noelle, Charmy, Mimosa, Sol Merron, Sister Theresa, and Sally, my favorite best epic female characters.

Gauche developing supporting Asta is okay, but still obsessing on Marie as usual, but if he bees a better person and not an awful unlikable sicko obsessing on Marie, I will love that.

Rebecca kissing Asta on the cheek was sweet, Rebecca best new girl, and Noelle the jealous tsundere brat was funny, hehehe.

Julius the Wizard King to unmask the traitorous magic knight working with the Eye of the Midnight Sun was cool/interesting:D.

Julius wanting Asta to go to the prisoners Catherine/George to find the traitor was great.

Julius revealing the traitor being one of the squad captains was interesting.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Nov 9, 2016
Ratings
262 5
Okay, what's better, the action or slice of life episodes? It seems the characterization flaws of this series really hurts both. Hard to care what happens (anybody care which generic captain is the traitor?)

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...