C&C - Black Clover - "The Guy Who Doesn't Know When to Quit" [11/3]

Nobodyman

toonami2018-_main_template-png.189602
toonami2018-_black_clover-png.189612

Opening Theme: "Guess Who Is Back" by Koda Kumi
Ending Theme: "Four" by Faki

45-1-1024x576.png

Previously on Black Clover:
It is shown that Vetto took out a team of top ranked wizards, witnessed by Sekke, before entering the Underwater Temple. Gio survives and prepares to fight. Vetto sends his mages away so he can fight Gio, Magna and Luck. Vetto survives Gio’s attack and severely injures him. Gifso is shocked his son was beaten so easily and Yami demands to fight as well. Unfortunately Gifso explains that once his game spell has been cast no one outside can interfere. Yami realises he and Gifso have been sealed in a different dimension by a Midnight Sun mage. Yami contacts the Bulls and the Temple mages to explain they must defeat Vetto. Gifso alters the rules, to win the Bulls and Temple mages must defeat Vetto, and their prize will be having any wish granted. Luck and Vetto begin duelling at incredible speeds Magna can’t keep up with. This irritates Magna, who refuses to let Luck leave him behind, and he attacks Vetto with fireballs. Luck remembers first meeting Magna and knowing instinctively that Magna had a dangerous side. Over the years he continually irritated Magna into letting that side out, growing stronger as a result, and becoming the first real friend Luck ever had. As Asta and Kiato race toward the battle Asta asks why it was so difficult for him to follow his Qi and Kiato explains his Dance Magic puts him in a trance so his body moves without conscious thought, making his movements unpredictable even to someone who can sense Qi. Despite now being critically injured Luck and Magna manage to hit Vetto with their combined spell, Flame Lightning Exploding Cannon.

Tonight: Magna, Luck, and Gio, the most powerful Underwater Temple mage, risk their lives fighting Vetto. Asta and Kahono’s older brother, Kiato, also arrive at the scene.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Well, that title describes Asta for sure, although maybe one can say the same for most Jump heroes.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Well, that title describes Asta for sure, although maybe one can say the same for most Jump heroes.
Name a shonen hero this title DOESN'T describe.

Last time: Party crashers and superfluous backstory.

"My Beast Magic: Bear Claw!"
You're gonna give him a baked good?

Oh, what a surprise, they both collapsed. And now it's up to Asta.

Nobodyman

Previously on Black Clover: Magna and Luck fight the big hairy guy.

The Guy Who Doesn't Know When to Quit.

Yuki Tabata, the author of Black Clover?

Seriously, these episode titles are writing the jokes for me.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
When did he have two swords?

Couldn't he kill them all AFTER looking for the stones? Or even WHILE he's looking for them?

Nobodyman

They're not insects. They're arachnids! ...Wait, we're talking about spiders, right?

Wait, since when does Asta have two swords?

Master Knight DH

Knight of Game Balance
Forget that, when did Asta learn how to talk without moving his mouth?

Yeah, I hadn't changed the channel pretty much because I want to see Metalocalypse later tonight. Sue me. I still couldn't help but notice the beyond dumb animation error.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"It's time to get serious!"
We are WELL PAST that point.

And they STILL MANAGE to find the time for everybody's shtick.

So far. that's 189 years of bad luck.

Nobodyman

He would never break the chain (Never break the chain)

Well, at least they're focusing on a new bad guy, but why does it also have to be with creepy sister-lover.

Who knew Gray had such a vibrant personality?

Last edited:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"He looks and talks like an idiot, so I thought he'd be easy to deal with!"
And yet Asta makes me cringe when he opens his mouth.

Are the crabs on this show intelligent or something?

How many mooks did lion guy bring with him?

Sorry. Too busy dreaming of food to be of any use to anyone.

Nobodyman

Funny how so many characters are dressed in robes. Saves the artist the trouble of having to draw so many distinct designs.

Only 20? Jesus, dude. How many drugs did you take?

So Grey was a girl the whole time. Okay.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
SHAUN THE SHEEP NO JUTSU~!

What, no strike three?

It's a rock.

So Gluttony was a girl the whole time.

UGGGGHHHH this one hurts.

Reckless attacks are all he knows.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I did like that Gauche used his brains to get Grey and Charmy to defeat the chain mage. And the age comparing was pretty funny. Didn't expect that to be Grey's real personality...

Hoping Finral figures out how to use his portals offensively or he's pretty useless. Noelle, too.

So Licht and the Sun's interest in Asta and now Vetto's comments about the swords -- make it sound like someone else owned those swords before him, someone at least Vetto respects. Hmm.

Radical

Banned
Episode 45 was pretty great,

Vetto the most powerful opponent for the Black Bulls, love Vetto though.

Gauche's character development learning on protecting friends was great, I like it with both Gauche and Katsuki Bakugo getting better.

Gauche using his brains to get Grey and Charmy to beat the Eye of the Midnight Sun mage was nice.

Love it with both Grey and Charmy being awesome using their spells defeating the Eye of the Midnight Sun mage:D.

Grey's true form being a cute shy young girl was great/surprising, love Grey, best new girl:anime:.

Vetto angry on Asta having those cool Demon Dweller/Demon Slayer swords which belonged to someone else who he respected was interesting.

Noelle/Kahono are an awesome cute girl team:anime:, epic cliffhanger, Asta, Noelle, and Kahono vs. Vetto begins.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Gauche gets way more screentime than he should and his fighting style seems to be Naruto but with mirror lasers in addition to shadow clones. Charmy beating up people with her sheep is kinda cool, but it loses its effect after a while. We get mediocre fights, but any arc of anime would be a masterpiece compared to the Gauche-centric arc we got before this one.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter

Couldn't he kill them all AFTER looking for the stones? Or even WHILE he's looking for them?

He got a second sword during the dungeon arc. This one appears to have the power to absorb and release magical power. Nero led him to it inside the dungeon.

I like that we finally got to see the real Grey and she's this shy young woman. She's probably uncomfortable in her own skin.

Pretty sure we saw her walking around in her true form earlier in the series when Vanessa was taking Noelle and Asta around the capital.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts