C&C - Black Clover - "Path" [7/7]

Latest News

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.

Previously on Black Clover:

Black Bull member Finral Roulacase has organised a mixer party of three women, himself, Asta and Luck. As they leave via Finral’s portal spell Noelle follows then hides, reasoning that she is ensuring Asta doesn’t get in trouble, when really she is jealous of him meeting other girls. At the mixer the ladies are definitely not impressed by Asta, Finral or Luck, deciding Asta is too young and a commoner, Finral is too flashy and Luck is too violent. Noelle is relieved the mixer is a disaster. Nearby Sekke is attending another mixer. Asta is left alone with a young woman named Rebecca Scarlet. After a few uneasy moments they end up bonding over the fact they both have multiple younger siblings, causing Noelle to panic. A large drunk man insults Rebecca so Asta furiously throws him across the room where he lands on Sekke, ruining his mixer. Rebecca develops a crush on Asta but decides to pursue him slowly after learning he loves someone else. Noelle mistakenly thinks Asta has a secret crush on her which makes her happy. Both Finral and Luck are rejected by the other two ladies because of their misunderstood belief of Black Bulls being too violent due to hearing that Asta threw the drunkard onto a table when he was defending Rebecca.

Tonight: Months have passed since Asta and Yuno became Magic Knights and took their first steps toward becoming the Wizard King. Father and Sister Lily couldn’t be happier about all of their hard work.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,761 6
New York City
So, heads up to viewers, this episode is, sadly, mainly a recap episode. :(

However! There are some new scenes between flashbacks, and even the flashbacks have some mild additions/improvements made to them. So I guess decide for yourselves if you plan on watching or not.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,651 1
Kansas
nachosconcarne.cartoonsdammit.com
Last time: I shudder to think any woman would find Asta desirable.

What, no "in order to save Orihime" opening?

Oh, it's just the extended version.

The few. The proud. The wizards.

Yay. More screaming from Pee Wee's playhouse.

A recap episode consisting of nothing but clips of Asta screaming? Yeah, F this noise. I've got a comic page to finish.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
I thought that this episode was okay. It was a recap episode, but at least it was from different characters' perspectives and a few unexpected ones too. The quiet Black Bull member apparently keeping a journey on Asta and Yuno was both extremely creepy and pretty funny at the same time. There were some new scenes in between the flashbacks. Noelle was really being the tsundere near the end too.

Overall, it was an okay recap. It wasn't one of the more memorable or interesting takes on a clip show episode, but there were a few differences that made it decent enough to watch through it.