C&C - Black Clover - "Blackout" [6/2]

Scrappy-Fan92

I remember that the witch mentioned that Yuno would lose most of his senses, yet she kept talking to him as if he could hear her. Not sure how old Yuno is, but the witch being interested in him raises some red flags, especially if she's been in the business of draining people's youth for a long period of time.

Today we have a fight against a wicked witch who could turn people old (Wow. Now it's stealing from Howl's Moving Castle).
It's cliche, but vain magic users that feed off of the youth of others isn't exactly something exclusive to Howl's Moving Castle.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I remember that the witch mentioned that Yuno would lose most of his senses, yet she kept talking to him as if he could hear her. Not sure how old Yuno is, but the witch being interested in him raises some red flags, especially if she's been in the business of draining people's youth for a long period of time.

Yuno and Asta are the same age. So they are both 15. They were both left at the church as infants. I mean in an earlier episode, Vanessa was hitting on Asta and attempted to seduce him after he joined the Black Bulls. She was probably just playing around and was just messing with the newbie.

I'm not saying it's OK, but this is a fictional story in a fictional world. Also, I mean the witch is a bad guy. So, I mean, I don't think you are supposed to approve of her behavior. Why is her hitting on Yuno more of a red flag than her using her magic to assault innocent people of the Clover Kingdom and stealing their youth?

Yeah, the witch is a total deviant, but frequently in anime you will have older, more mature female characters hitting on teen boys. It's hardly anything new.

Scrappy-Fan92

I never said the witch hitting on Yuno was worse than her stealing people's youth. Although the fact that she does steal people's youth likely means that she's a very old lady hitting on a teenager.

And I'm aware that older women flirting with teenage boys is nothing new for anime (or fiction in general). That doesn't mean I have to like it, especially when it often comes off as weird wish fulfillment on the part of creators.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts