C&C - Ballmastrz: 9009 - Season One Talkback

Latest News & Videos

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net

Adult Swim is dipping their toes into shonen parody in this new series from Superjail! creator Christy Karacas!

The year is 9009. Ballmastrz: 9009 follows washed-up superstar and notorious party gal Gaz Digzy, who, after a spiral of destructive antics, is demoted to the worst team in The Game: The Leptons. Her only way back to the top is to somehow lead these pathetic misfits to victory. Good luck, Gaz. You'll need it!

S1E1 - A Shooting Star Named Gaz Digzy Falls Fast and Hard
Synopsis: A lifetime of partying takes an unexpected turn when Gaz Digzy experiences the wildest night of her superstar life.

S1E2 - With the Burning Spirit of Teamwork in Her Heart
Synopsis: Gaz plans to backstab the Leptons in her first game as captain, but a shocking new display of teamwork might change her mind.

You can watch these episodes online right now, or you can watch them back-to-back tonight at midnight. Enjoy the series premiere on Adult Swim!

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
Animation is a downgrade from Superjail but this is good so far

PapaGreg

Nov 1, 2013
I like how the long haired dude isn't a stoner but instead sensitive and negative poet.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
Jan 9, 2002
Mississippi
Now I'm just wondering if the kid learns the move where he spirals towards the enemy, shrinks down in the process, shoots into his opponent, and then expands back to full size from inside?

UFO Warrior Dai Apolon if you are wondering.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
So, I watched this on TV, then afterwards, I watched it online...

Is it just me, or does the show sound much worse on TV? When I watched the live feed, the audio mix sounded pretty bad, like the music was so loud and the voices were so soft that they were nearly inaudible. Then I saw the online version, and the voices are much clearer and the music is at a much better level.

Did anyone else get this experience? Is it my setup? I don't know.

PapaGreg

Nov 1, 2013
I think that's on purpose. The show is anime inspired so obviously there's limited movement.
That would really suck if that was the case, the show does have a lot of promise but if the animation is part of the parody then that would leave a bad taste in my mouth

Radical

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
Lacey,Washington
After seeing the first two episodes, I so love Ballmastrz 9009 next to Mike Tyson Mysteries, Golan the Insatiable, SuperMansion, and Final Space.It's pretty awesome/enjoyable with amazing animation/art style and great funny crazy over-the-top action/comedy/fights in a cool dangerous extreme sport, it's like a mix between Mutant League, Mad Max, and Superjail! put together, cool.The anime influences/references for it was pretty sweet/funny.I'll enjoy the next great funny episodes, I hope it gets a Season 2 though:D.

Gaz and the Leptons, great enjoyable funny new protagonists, love them, Gaz and her selfish reckless destructive scumbag nature was pretty enjoyable for me and Dee Dee the green-haired anime-like chick is so cute/funny.I do love the "whole protagonist joins a loser team when they get stronger to dominate" formula:D.Quasar is pretty cool/interesting, hope to see more of his great character.

So love the cool new villains, both the crystal monster and cute pink psychotic magical girl were cool, the new stronger dangerous opponent teams are a great challenge for the Leptons.
Love Luna, awesome cute enjoyable villainess, and her Sailor Moon/magical girl parody goons were great, I hope she returns:D.Cool to see another Sailor Moon/magical girl parody villainess after Giffany(Gravity Falls).

Last edited:

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
S1E3 - Very Special Balls
Synopsis: When Ace and Babyball's newfound powers pique their teammates' interest, the Leptons turn to a mysterious individual named Crayzar for much-needed advice.

S1E4 - To Catch a Princess
Synopsis: A mysterious gamer girl becomes interested in Ace and his online obsession.

Enjoy these new episodes back-to-back tonight at midnight!

Jan 16, 2018
Lovin this show alot. I don't know if this happened to anyone else or if it was just me but I noticed that after watching Ballmastrz: 9009 off my dvr this morning that after the episodes aired all the commercials and any show that aired after it were all a blue color. I'm hoping that it was just a technical error on AS's part.

PapaGreg

Nov 1, 2013
Animation was a lot better compared to the last two episodes so my gripes are basically nonexistant(so far). Also awesome BNHA refrence

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
S1E5 - Breathe Deep to Win! Teamwork Cuts Through the Foul Odor of Obsession!
Synopsis: An odorous stalker finds pleasure in tormenting members of the Leptons, so the team turns to a former enemy for help getting rid of their stalker.

S1E6 - Honor! Money! Swords! Dongs! Gaz Boom Boom Rookie Card Battle Begin! Fight!
Synopsis: Gaz, Ace, and Babyball find themselves inside the dwelling of an Ulsa Guerin wise guy as they conduct a search for some sports memorabilia.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
S1E7 - Leather Passions! 2 Hearts, 2 Wheelz, Infinite Roadz. RIDE NOW!
Synopsis: The Leptons are caught off guard when Dee Dee chooses to be with the muscular leader of a biker gang instead of them, but Leto is not ready to see her leave her teammates behind, so he tries to man-up and convince Dee Dee to return to the Leptons.

S1E8 - Hunger Cramps on the Playing Field of Friendship
Synopsis: When Ace begins to feel like his teammates couldn't care less about him, he turns to an unusual vice for solace, only to be left with an insatiable craving.

PapaGreg

Nov 1, 2013
I said it once and all say it again I love these anime reference the show gives us also Dee Dee massacre on the bikers was straight up Superjail

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PapaGreg The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum 3