C&C - Attack on Titan: Final Season - "Assault" [2/20]

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Hange!

They have zeppelins now.
I'm finding it hard to determine who are the good guys here.

That oughta break the ice at this party.

KEEP IT DOWN, WOULDJA! SOME OF US GOTTA NOT EXIST ANYMORE IN THE MORNING!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The cavalry has arrived. Guess the tides going to turn unless this fishing boat... What an entrance, Armin. They had no clue Paradis had the Colossal Titan. Guess they kept that under wraps somehow. And it quickly goes downhill. Levi sneaks up on Zeke -- Whoa, is Zeke really a goner?! Sasha and Jean attack Pieck/Cart. Gruesome look on the Cart's face. She is not in good shape. Ooo, Jaw Titan can hack through the crystal...

Naturally, Armin laments the carnage what his Titan has wrought.

They got a blimp! There's Hange! :D

Oof. Brutal as ever Attack Titan. It's probably worse because they're showing Galliard's reactions. Oh man, now Eren has another Titan. The War Hammer's hardening ability may prove to be really useful. So close to taking the Jaw Titan, too.

Eren vs Reiner re-re-rematch? Don't remember which round this is at this point. But seriously feels like Reiner will die next week, there's nothing in the gas tank. Though I wonder will Eren just kill him or will there be time to eat Reiner, too? Or will Falco/Gabi change in time and eat Reiner?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I was just wondering where Armin was shortly before he appeared. His new haircut looked absolutely ugly, but seeing him take down a port with his own Titan was still intense. He was always more timid compared to Erin and Mikasa, so killing a lot of people would weigh heavily on Armin.

Seeing how Erin kept generating a new Titan every time it was impaled really made me think of how he has a much firmer grip on his powers than he did in season one. Erin was more calculating during the battle as well with trying to figure out how to destroy the crystal cell. Seeing him drink the blood to get the War Hammer Titan was unsettling. It really turned the battle in his favor. Although, Armin's point on how there wouldn't be any future for them if they can't get Erin back makes me wonder what future they could possibly have now. Not only would the Marleyans want to attack the island after this battle, but they've effectively made themselves a giant target for the world at large. There were a lot of people from other countries in the audience when Eren attacked, so I imagine more countries are going to see Eldens as devils more than ever, so I'm not sure what kind of end goal Erin expected from this plan or how this could lead to the Eldens having a better future.

Gabi and Falco finally getting Reiner to wake up did at least show how much he still cares about them. He has little to no motivation to keep fighting though. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts