C&C - Assassination Classroom - "Karma Time" [9/12]

Nobodyman

Opening Theme: "Seishun Satsubatsu-ron" by 3-E Utatan
Ending Theme: "Hello, shooting star" by Moumoon

1599929917126.png

Previously on Assassination Classroom: While Koro-sensei is reading a newspaper, Nagisa encourages Tomohito Sugino to attempt to assassinate Koro-sensei by pitching a baseball embedded with pellets. However, Koro-sensei easily dodges the baseball and catches it with a baseball glove. Later after lunchtime, Sugino is downhearted when Koro-sensei crushes his dream of being a pro baseball star, but this is due to his wrists and elbows not being as flexible as they should be. Koro-sensei encourages Sugino to focus on his own strengths for future attempts of assassination. The students of Class 3-E fail to kill Koro-sensei, even when he deliberately ties himself to a tree branch. Karasuma joins Class 3-E as the physical education teacher, observing how the class is ridiculed by the other students of the school. Another student due to transfer into the class is informed of his mission.

Tonight: The brilliant, belligerent Karma Akabane, Nagisa's former classmate, joins 3-E and immediately jumps into the assassination mission with both feet.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Karma is one of the most well-liked characters on the show, so I'm sure he'll be a big hit here.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: The unnatural.

And suddenly we're training for the Scout Regiment.

How exactly do these weapons harm their teacher and not themselves?

Nobodyman

Previously on Assassination Classroom: That kid's got a killer pitch.

This is starting to feel uncomfortably Hitler Youth.

Nobodyman

And here's Karma ready to dish out some karma (or will karma catch up with him?)

Rather twisted take on the joybuzzer routine.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
You've done this before, haven't you?

Let's not turn this into the anyone-can-die series I first thought this would be.

Nobodyman

"Is it okay if I pick your brain for a sec?"

As long as you don't mean that literally.

Hmm, that Carrion game actually looks pretty fun.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
His favorite Beatles song? "Octopus's Garden". His favorite James Bond film? Octopussy.

"Ever since my last teacher up and died!"
Under mysterious circumstances, right?

Now it's getting personal.

Ahh, takoyaki. Octopus balls.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
This is going to be EPIC.

Okay, this is getting a tad dark.

"How dare you injure someone more important than you!"

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ok, this series is growing on me. Karma was a fun addition, someone that can push Koro's buttons. lol.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. Karma was definitely a different kind of student. The other kids were struggling over finding ways to kill Koro, but Karma was disturbingly thrilled to kill a teacher. Having someone who could throw Koro off his guard and actually land a few hits could shake up the status quo a bit. His excitement over killing a teacher was definitely concerning though.

Karma's backstory did explain why he doesn't trust teachers, but at the same time, I don't think it puts him in a good light either. Class E has been looked down upon, other students dread being put into the class and the school system has basically given up on the students who do end up in that class. I can understand why Karma would be upset at another student looking down on them, but he seemingly broke some of that bully's bones. Unless he was endangering another student while bullying them, Karma going that far still put his previous teacher in a tough position. The teacher was still a jerk about it and it would still make Karma feel betrayed when he thought that the teacher had his back, but it still made it look like Karma was always too violent and less sympathetic to me as a result.

I liked how Koro managed to save him from that suicide attempt. He did it in a careful fashion that showed Karma that helping his students was still his priority. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Did you know that 99% of the facts about "Xiaolin Chronicles" were actually made up by the fans, since the show was produced in France, not the United States?
This theory is.... interesting.

Zack Synder's Watchman adaption came out 12 years ago today.
on KCA, some of iCarly cast will appear there. Upcoming Paw Patrol Movie will be mentioned in KCA
Apparently I matter to people. That's sort of nice to know. Granted, I'd prefer more favorable opinions, but it's nice to know people care I exist, even if it's merely to wish I don't.

Featured Posts