C&C - Aqua Teen Hunger Force - "Carl Wash" [3/23]

The Myst

Truthiness for Springfield
Saw it a little while after it first aired on Glath. Great episode. Lots of hilarious moments, including the one in the commercial.

"Where's Carl's brain?
"I am Carl Brain."
"No, Carl's Brain."
"I am Carl Brain."
"No, no, no, no, no, different Carl, ok?"
"... I am Carl Brain."

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
like the idea of taking the Space Ghost Coast To Coast characters from "Champragene" and bringing them here to the Aqua Teen world. I like the variosu refrences from Champrenge brought here (the fright wig, the big carl saying "I am named Carl", the music, even the planet with hair) as well as they're retarded plan of stealing Carl's brain to be they're slave (obviously if they had taken Carl instead of just his brain it might of worked but hey what do you expect from guys that need foam eyes and mouth to speak/see?). And there were a bunch of good jokes like "this is a perfect job for you", the cups thrown at meatwad, Meatwad trying to learn some new shapes, the Octagon/Octopussy refrence, Shake trying to motivate Meatwad to ask Carl to get his car washed, the car wash itself (though a bit gross), Shake playing with the brainless Carl, Frylock trying to motivate the others to follow him, and the ending. There were a couple of slow parts but really nothing that bad. I had heard this ep was dull but I was chuckling throughout like any good ATHF. Which is like most of them.

CartoonSwim69

Saw it a little while after it first aired on Glath. Great episode. Lots of hilarious moments, including the one in the commercial.

"Where's Carl's brain?
"I am Carl Brain."
"No, Carl's Brain."
"I am Carl Brain."
"No, no, no, no, no, different Carl, ok?"
"... I am Carl Brain."

Ever since Glath opened up the Carl Wash video had a spot on their website's most watched video lists every week and it had 20,000 views on YouTube along with My Spleen downloads.

So I bet everyone saw this one a little while. Anyway, this episode had its moments with the middle finger and the messed-up way of "washing cars" but it could've been funnier and all the voice actors sounded bored reading their lines [like the episode Moonajuana].

Grade: B- [It was better than Saul by a few scenes]

jbanks97

Do Dah Doo Doo
It really was OK at best.

I'm glad they used the brains from Chambraigne again (one of my favorite SG's), but they barely did anything with them. I would have hoped they could have come up with something better than an entire episode about how they and fat balding carl are all named Carl.

There really wasn't much outside of what's already been mentioned I even cracked a smile at.

C-

btv

It was pretty funny, although I already found the episode months ago, so nothing was amazing anymore. I did give it a B+ way back, and I guess the grade sticks today as well.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
They used their ominous theme music and everything!

That igloo looks nothing like Maud Adams.

I bet they show the Chambrain episode of SGC2C tonight.

The Myst

Truthiness for Springfield
They changed Carl Brain's voice and cut out some of the conversation I quoted.

It made it significantly less funny and that was my favorite part of the episode.

Oh well. It was still good.

Don_East

A regular character.
Looks like this version has more sound effects than the steath aired version.

Classic Speedy

Be vewy twippy
Staff member
Reporter
The highlight for me was Meatwad showcasing the only two shapes he could turn into ("Hot dog! Igloo!"). And him dancing to cheesy music on the highway to try and attract customers (and failing) was good for a laugh, too.

D

DigitalPat

I thought this episode was one of the best I've seen in a while, but that was before they changed Carl Brain's voice. The voice made the episode great. It is still a pretty funny episode, I'm just puzzled as to why they tweaked it. I did like what they added (volume? or extra beat?) to the jambox, but was kinda of disappointed in the voice change; as the saying goes: "If it ain't broke.....why fix it?"
:confused:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

idea for a toonami april fools/daylight savings thing- air the Fleischer Superman cartoons again. There’s nothing stopping them, they’re public domain
How would you guys launch a kids tv channel in 2024?
I returned to Youtube for community posting purposes only.
I can't wait for the dubbed Bocchi the Rock!
Question: What is it about animation that always keeps you coming back for more even sometimes bad movies/shows?

Featured Posts