Butch Hartman Leaves Nickelodeon

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
With Bunsen is a Beast ending next month, with no Season 2 renewal, what do you think show creator Butch Hartman will do after the show ends, especially now that The Fairly OddParents has finally ended? Besides starting production on his new, Danny Phantom-like cartoon for YouTube and looking after The Noog Network, I think he should make a big screen movie.

jaylop97

Staff member
If the show doesn't make a second season, I bet Butch would likely just make another Nick show.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Bunsen will actually still have one episode left after next month (or maybe 2 now since the Christmas special is no longer airing on the main channel, not 100% sure about that though), though yah, it's probably done. We're also still to 100% sure about FOP. I am leaning towards it being done, but you never know with this show.

kanc

Bunsen will actually still have one episode left after next month (or maybe 2 now since the Christmas special is no longer airing on the main channel, not 100% sure about that though), though yah, it's probably done. We're also still to 100% sure about FOP. I am leaning towards it being done, but you never know with this show.
Didn't instagram says Bunsen's christmas special will air on Nicktoons Dec 18, at least "Sat Dec 18", but Dec 18 is a Monday.. so either is has to be Mon Dec 18

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Didn't instagram says Bunsen's christmas special will air on Nicktoons Dec 18, at least "Sat Dec 18", but Dec 18 is a Monday.. so either is has to be Mon Dec 18
The reason I said I said I wasn't 100% sure is because it said December 18 is a Saturday. I'm honestly not sure what they're doing now. I'm actually not sure if whoever is running the social media pages knows either. The Nick Animation Twitter said that it was airing on Nicktoons Saturday at 11 A.M. before I asked and they deleted and posted a Tweet with the time on the main channel.

kanc

The reason I said I said I wasn't 100% sure is because it said December 18 is a Saturday. I'm honestly not sure what they're doing now. I'm actually not sure if whoever is running the social media pages knows either. The Nick Animation Twitter said that it was airing on Nicktoons Saturday at 11 A.M. before I asked and they deleted and posted a Tweet with the time on the main channel.
well.. i think we should wait for zap2it grid to see what episodes are airing, and check whether if they may air christmas special on nicktoons..

I'm not sure. Keep in mind that Fairly OddParents gets cancelled more than most shows. It keeps coming back. Bunsen is probably done though, but you never know. Although Bunsen is a Nicktoons exclusive now, as is Fairly OddParents

ToonsJazzLover

I think he's going to be involved with those 3 cartoons he's producing, as well as focusing more on his YouTube stuff.

Honestly, it's nice to have a break from his stuff, I feel like he's a little overworked. He's the new Klasky Csupo in terms of how many shows he created.

Dudley

Staff member
Since production on Bunsen would’ve ended long ago, Butch should be busy at his new job Pocket.watch. He’ll still be running the Noog Network, and making content on his YouTube channel. He’ll be kept busy for a while, but I don’t think we’ll be seeing many cartoons from him on TV for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShadowBeast

Since production on Bunsen would’ve ended long ago, Butch should be busy at his new job Pocket.watch. He’ll still be running the Noog Network, and making content on his YouTube channel. He’ll be kept busy for a while, but I don’t think we’ll be seeing many cartoons from him on TV for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would be a good opportunity for Nickelodeon to request a show idea from Hartman and have somebody else in charge of it.

Rabbitearsblog

I think once Bunsen ends, Butch will probably be more involved with his YouTube channel (he actually has a live show at this moment). Hopefully, Nickelodeon will allow him to get the Danny Phantom TV movie, since he has shown interest in finishing Danny Phantom and I would love to see where Danny Phantom would go at this point.

stephane dumas

He keeps trolling the fans with promises of Danny Phantom, rising up hope that will only lead to disappointment.

With a tragic event who happened last June with a DP fan who was a big Ember McLain fan. I wonder if it's still a good move for a DP reboot/revival/sequel?

And I'm surprised to see that clip of Butch Hartman with Chris Savino is still online.

jaylop97

Staff member
Updating, Butch Hartman has left Nickelodeon. Now it seems that Butch is going an independent route in developing shows on his own.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Updating, Butch Hartman has left Nickelodeon. Now it seems that Butch is going an independent route in developing shows on his own.
CALLED IT!!!!!

R.I.P. Butch Hartman @ Nickelodeon: 1998-2018

If you also noticed in the video above, Bunsen is a Beast never got a second season renewal, which means that "Friend or Phony"/"Beauty or the Beast", airing February 10 @ 4:45 AM on Nicktoons, will be the last episode of the series.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts