Butch Hartman hints new Danny Phantom movie on the way

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
The Twitter page for Danny Phantom keeps saying there's new episodes on the way, but some people don't know whether to believe them.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I don't know, everyone at Nickelodeon Animation said there's nothing new going on with Danny Phantom.

I'd rather not see anything new anyway because again the story finished and it pretty much had a perfect ending for that show. Why ruin it?

ShadowBeast

I don't know, everyone at Nickelodeon Animation said there's nothing new going on with Danny Phantom.

I'd rather not see anything new anyway because again the story finished and it pretty much had a perfect ending for that show. Why ruin it?

Because it's Butch Hartman's job to ruin it lol.

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
oh wow i seen the topic earlier but i wanted post this topic awhile back Danny phantom is actually one my fav series on nick i would love see how a movie would turn out to me the series final didn't feel like it made good ending i hope the movie make it a good ending of danny phtom i did like how danny's parants finlly knew that he was a ghost but then they erase there memory of it so they wouldn't remember it.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
oh wow i seen the topic earlier but i wanted post this topic awhile back Danny phantom is actually one my fav series on nick i would love see how a movie would turn out to me the series final didn't feel like it made good ending i hope the movie make it a good ending of danny phtom i did like how danny's parants finlly knew that he was a ghost but then they erase there memory of it so they wouldn't remember it.

Jazz, how was it a bad ending? And how would a movie end things better? I mean Danny gets the girl. He finally comes clean to his parents and his parents are proud of him. His nemesis is defeated. He saved the entire world from a giant planet killing death star. How do you top that?

Honestly, I think some of Hartman's teases are a way to build up Twitter hype and to get fans to tweet Nickelodeon to see this so they have to do something as a result.

Got nothing against Danny Phantom, but it just seems the time for the show is done. Not saying they should never reboot it or do something else with it somewhere down the line, but I'd rather not see the show "continue." Same thing with Kim Possible, we pretty much got the perfect sendoff for all the characters, it would be a shame to ruin that. I think anything else after these endings would basically be akin to Fanfic.

Lord Beckett

Cute and Mean

Lets consider how well Butch has been doing lately.

TUFF Puppy is being condemned to death on the Nicktoons Channel. It was inevitable, I saw it and predicted it a year or so ago, and it's unfortunate because it had potential, maybe about as much as Danny Phantom did.

FOP has, well, endured, but its but a shadow of its former self. Any long time viewer who still forces themselves to watch it knows that Hartman doesn't put the same, well, "Heart" into his cartoons as much. Season 9 has been one stinker after another.

You all need to do some soul searching, seriously, ask yourself, do you want THIS Butch Hartman pulling a Frankenstein with this series? Lazily written episodes by his flunkies like Sullivan, probably some reneged progress between Danny and Sam or Danny and his ghost abilities, repetitive and recycled plots, "Interdimensional Politically Correct Ghosts", maybe a new ghost dog to help out Danny because Hartman has this strange thing for dogs all of a sudden? C'mon guys, don't do it to yourselves. Take it from me, if I could undo the last three or four seasons of FOP up until Poof was born and it was "uncancelled", I'd do it in a flash. He just isn't the same early FOP/DP/Johnny Bravo Butch Hartman, he is the corporate stiff "make money with as little effort as humanly possible" zombie Butch Hartman. I'm starting to think Steve Marmel distanced himself from Hartman for a reason, and not having him on this revived Danny Phantom series would also be another crippling blow. All and all... live action or cartoon, best to let Danny Phantom rest in peace.

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
Jazz, how was it a bad ending? And how would a movie end things better? I mean Danny gets the girl. He finally comes clean to his parents and his parents are proud of him. His nemesis is defeated. He saved the entire world from a giant planet killing death star. How do you top that?
...good point about that! i still would like to see something new on DP :)
movie or not i would just be happy on the way series would takw with danny and sam after the end of the series
ok so say this what if Danny and Sam had a kid and it end up being about that kid as a ghost and the kid saves the day would that be good fallow up on the series?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
...good point about that! i still would like to see something new on DP :)
movie or not i would just be happy on the way series would takw with danny and sam after the end of the series

Fair enough. From a fan perspective, I can understand wanting to see more of characters you like.

But it's not often we can get an animated show that wraps everything up at the end like this one did. I would rather it stay that way then try to top it. I feel like the show had its story and went out on top and didn't overstay its welcome.

jaylop97

Staff member
Wow that is quite a shocker if it is I have so many questions for how its production is going right now.

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
I don't think TRAFON is a proper source. But if this is true, then only a miracle can save Nick's reputation.

Mikurotoro92

Banned
You know what's next right? I could only mean ONE thing... A LIVE-ACTION SBSP MOVIE! Seriously Nick not all your shows should be turned into live-action movies! Just stop!

19MagiswordLane

Anime Superhero's Crooner of Carnage, babe!
You know what's next right? I could only mean ONE thing... A LIVE-ACTION SBSP MOVIE! Seriously Nick not all your shows should be turned into live-action movies! Just stop!

Unless they feature human characters, then the results can be.......intriguing.

kanc

I'm thinking this is fake. Did Butch Hartman really confirmed all this?

ShadowBeast

According to The Rise And Fall of Nickelodeon on facebook Grey Delisle said at Indiana Comic Con that a Live action Danny Phantom Movie is indeed in the works.
Now this I can believe since it's coming from one of the voice actors and not out of Hartman's lying mouth.

LUNI_TUNZ

Grey DeLisle Said That
Actually, the only "confirmation" I've seen so far is from some random nobody on the internet, claiming another random nobody got the Inside Scoop from Grey DeLisle, because she's totally into breaking non-disclosure agreements now.

SparkleMan

IT'S COMING. THE FUTURE IS COMING. YES. THE DP MOVIE IS COMING. ALONG WITH THE FUTURE.

Can't wait. I only watched DP once or twice, but I am looking forward to the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts