Butch Hartman developing new SVOD service Oaxis

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
That's not what grifter means in this context. It means he's fleecing his supporters for a service that will never happen. It has nothing to do with the quality of his animation.

Dudley

Staff member
Something about the whole thing felt very very odd. I’m not surprised it’s being stalled. The last thing consumers need is another subscription-based SVOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Pieguy made a video about that. And most of the footage from his sizzle reel is taken from films and shows completely unrelated to him!!!

So that's the reason he had the luxury to make another show that recently premiered on YT, Hobby Kids Adventures. As for the show, well, some jokes were decent (like the parents endlessly walking upstairs as a parody of the Wraparound Background trope and the Sloppy Kids arguing), but yeah, the rest suffers from the same problem with the 10th season of FOP: there are no limitations, everything is nonsensical, and therefore the show is boring. Though at least this one is 3-7 minutes.

But I digress. Actually, I remember Hartman stating when the Kickstarter was launched that there will be more crowdfunding campaigns in the future. But that doesn't excuse this.

Yes, I believe we were hyperbolic on that converting kids to christianity thing, but it's fair to say that Butch has way too many ideas for his platform. Not to mention that the whole family thing will scare the heck out of a newcomer to the website.

Pooky

Staff member
Is there any reason he couldn't put some of his own money into this? Genuinely asking; I'm no business expert.

Dudley

Staff member
Is there any reason he couldn't put some of his own money into this? Genuinely asking; I'm no business expert.

Who’s to say he hasn’t? Funding a streaming platform by building a platform and also creating content for it is very expensive. Too expensive for just one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
The problem is that Butch Hartman doesn't seem to understand that faith alone isn't going to cut it. It's important to have, but it's only one of many necessary components to pull off something this ambitious. You don't just need entertainment knowledge, you need business knowledge, financial knowledge, contracting knowledge, and probably all other kinds that I don't even know about.

On top of that, he seems completely reluctant to make any sacrifices, as if making any would be a complete disservice to his vision. He doesn't want to compromise anything, even though doing so is exactly what startups kind of have to do.

Nick Mick

OK, so I just recalled signing in to OAXIS' newsletter service. I went to my Gmail to check some newsletters, and what a shock, aside from a bit of information about a game show and a show teaches kids all about creativity through art, the rest is just "hey, we meet potential investors," and "thank you for your support."

The latest one is especially baffling to me:
OAXIS said:
Can you believe how fast this summer is going? It’s slipping by and that’s why we are so determined to get Oaxis Entertainment up and running. We care about you and your entertainment needs & desires!

We are all influenced by something and entertainment is definitely one of the biggest influences in the world! We are creating Oaxis so you and your family will always feel completely safe when watching. That is what our “family focused” model is all about!

We would like to present a partnership opportunity to our Oaxis Entertainment family. If you are interested and/or curious and would like to hear more about this, please click reply and say “I’m in”.We will then set up a call to discuss this opportunity with you.

We are still in the ‘capital-building stage’. The amount of funding we need to raise to get this vision started is very large. But anything can be accomplished! It takes a lot of patience, relationship-building & perseverance. We are equipped with all 3! It’s a very exciting time right now for us. When you have a vision as big as Oaxis Entertainment, it takes time to get all the pieces and parts in place so we can continue moving forward.

Thank you all for being right here with us every step of the way.

Have a great August and we will look forward to hearing from you.

Nick Mick

...guys, let's be honest here. Butch was never a true Christian. I mean, you can practically understand it from this damn quote: "My shows had Jesus parabels in them..."

FACEPALM. of course! I mean, you surely wouldn't be foolish enough to see how Butch greatly honors the Lord with Cosmo shown as a pregnant fairy, and tons of adult jokes in his shows. I mean, some of them aren't bad and are genuine, but saying that you put parabels in Bunsen is a Beast f.e., a show that tries most of the time to hammer in every single bottom of the barrel joke like tons of FOP and TUFF episodes (but... Whatevs (?)), is way too much.

Especially when Butch is revealed to be a [sarcasm] humble, teeeeerribly humble man, who happens to have friendships with other horrible people, I mean con men, with one of them trying to suck his family's very blood, and send her daughters to unaccredited schools that steal your money.

And his latest video about AJ and Chester's disappearance, is quite bad. He spents 8 minutes to just say that the crew started getting bored of developing these characters, though they had a great time creating and developing Sparkly and Chloe, two characters that have way too similar personalities with those of the previous 2 I mentioned. Yes, his videos about the music of the show and a DP spin off were admiteddly interesting, but with time passing it seems that he starts running out of things to say about the shows that "made our childhood" anymore

Seriously though, this Butch Hartman seems like a person his 2000's self would parody the heck out of.
[duplicated, so notification can be sent. also, this is dead serious]

Butch Hartman is a terrible man. I mean, he's the one responsible for one of the biggest dramas in the animation community, because of him constantly LYING to us, and he has the GUTS, to talk about how introverts are selfish people.

Well, here's a fun fact about me: I'm an introvert. Yes, I don't usually talk with most people at school, even though I do have a few friendships with a few people outside of school. And I pass a lot of time thinking about stuff I read about. I like digging deeper into these things. And let me tell ya; this has helped me in communicating with people, when I do, making me also able to share with him our feelings, our tastes, and our hobbies.

Now, here comes a guy who has spent his life bragging about his achievements, and has a love for looking things from the surface (take for example, that time he blamed, not only smartphones, but also MEDIA, for the very existence of suicide), presenting being introvert as a terrible crime, and that we should change.

(Like, even most people at my school don't call me like that, and for a good reason.)

No, Butch, you're wrong. Yes, we have to use all that thinking we make for making more and more conversations in the near future, and we should certainly not be afraid to tell what we think. Because, your honesty makes you a true hero.

BUT, the way Butch tries to downplay it, like it's a decision WE make because we INTETIONALLY don't want others to know what we are thinking, is terribly disguisting, and something, that even without that drama about Oaxis going on, shouldn't go unnoticed at least.

Being an introvert is only the beginning, as you start to grow up, and thus speak with more and more people, making it a process to change. What Butch really says here, is that being an introvert is more of a flaw , and much like criminals, you should change you mind as quickly as possible about what you are doing.

You know, it would be easy for me to say, that, extroverts are really selfish people, and that we are the true people others should count on. But no, I'm not as selfish as YOU ARE, Butch, and actually like to get in touch with these people, so I can overcome what you assume is a CURSE. Only with this way, I will be able to understand the intentions, the tastes, the hobbies, and even the plans they have for their future, as I will be able to judge and understand things on my own, just like before, and NOT blindly accept whatever someone is throwing at me, not even when a 20-year Hollywood veteran makes a new streaming service!!!!

And why you stop there? Can't you also insult gay people? After all, being gay is as much of a personality trait as being an introvert, and I'm sure they are terrible people because of insulting reality, and trying to desperately misrepresent reality!!!! Ugh, what kind of sick people are they!
On the very top of that, introvertion isn't even really coming close to what Butch said, action-wise. A lot of interoverts are actually people who like living life and speak up for himself (unlike Butch, who makes sure he has enough fanboys not to have the necessity to do so), but prefer having close groups of friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's that, Butch? You want to know what we think, so you can "spread" extrovertion? Okay, then.

I think you're a self-centered guy who doesn't have the guts to look things beyond the surface, because of spending too much time bragging about making our childhoood (when literally, you only made 4 shows, with 2 of them only gaining critical acclaim), making clickbait videos so you can flush down the toilet what could had been inspring stories (take for example his Working at MARVEL video), and not being willing to either give people some clear explanation about evidence showing him you as someone wanting to secretly pass his religions to other people, or accept criticism by people that CARE used to care about you.

In other words, no matter how wild your imagination is, and how nice-looking you are, your brain will always be too small to at least, understand with what people you're dealing, whether they wil be introverts, or people that are true fans of your shows.
Better?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there's this bit when he starts talking about how we need to change ourselves, by moving out of our homes, when living with our parents (??????????), and trying doing something we don't want to do. So, I guess that episode of Steven Universe, "Sadie's Song", was wrong. Barbara and Steven should make Sadie overcome her fear of doing something she never had the intention to do.

Holy heck..... these posts are really awful. Sorry for that. I still believe that creating a streaming service that will please the WHOLE family is a bit too much, as Pieguy says (though he has ideas for some shows of his own to develop.... I would like to see him doing that since he knows a lot about making shows and the concepts themselves look awesome, rather than telling the same stories again and again on YouTube). But, uhhh, looking back at it, the whole religion thing is a bit ridiculous. Like yes, he didn't adress the service's appeal to LGBT people, but that's about it. Still feeling a bit sick about criticizing his beliefs as a Christian.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Kuro the Artist (whom you may recall has worked with Butch for the past few years) has made an update video on the aftermath of his employment and his recent actions. Frankly, Butch didn't pay Kuro for his work.

Light Lucario

Staff member
While it is pretty low and messed up for Butch to not pay Kuro for his work, I am deeply concerned about that whole "God can cure autism" detail from the opening. That is such a major and concerning red flag on so many levels. It's especially upsetting to me as an autistic person. I do hope that Kuro is able to get some compensation for his work since he shouldn't have been treated like that either.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I mean I can get being annoyed with hate-watching and parasocial trailer bashing. It’s just undoubtedly peculiar to be involved with an adult cartoon remake of Good Times and be super defensive about it instead of understanding.
Nick KCA press site is now gone

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?

Featured Posts