Butch Hartman developing new SVOD service Oaxis

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It would be one thing if he was acting like he deserved the benefit of the doubt. Frankly, he's been caterwauling like maniac. Can you blame people for reacting negatively, especially if he has a political agenda he wasn't honest about?

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Consider then watching this:
----------------------------------------------------
Wow.... that's not as satisfying as you would've guess, but still, it's something\

Last edited:

Nick Mick

Guys, since that apology, a lot of people have been jumping off the hate train for Butch, including me...

Look, I still think that at times he has a narrow-minded brain, and that he comes off at times as a too good looking man, but given this recent event, I can now believe that at least Butch has still that sort of respect for his fans like before, and that he will eventually take the things he said before, about criticism, back.

And even though I don't want to come off as hypocritical, if I do, then users on this thread, like Red Arrow, are welcomed to call me out on this thing. I started feeling kinda bad for the agressive way I wrote some things, even if I still believe in my opinion about introverts, a day after I wrote my post for the Bubble Speech video.

BTW, still think Oaxis won't be much of a success like most of you (except if Butch changes his mind and makes it an animation service).

Dudley

Staff member
Ya know, I want to hear what this “constructive criticism” was that people said Butch rejected. I’ve been online long enough to know that fans use “constructive criticism” as means to provide unsolicited rude comments masked as tough love, like saying “your show sucks”, “that idea is awful”, “I hate your art style”, “make it more like anime”, or “you better take my advice or I’m boycotting your show”.
But as I said before, Butch responded in a bad way. I mean normally it’s good to brush off the haters, but in this digital age, it’s better to just ignore them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
Constructive criticism can be a good or bad thing to some, and for Butch it doesn't look particularly good. I'm surprised that even when FOP had starter to take a toll in quality Butch never said much then, compared to now.

Nick Mick

Ya know, I want to hear what this “constructive criticism” was that people said Butch rejected. I’ve been online long enough to know that fans use “constructive criticism” as means to provide unsolicited rude comments masked as tough love, like saying “your show sucks”, “that idea is awful”, “I hate your art style”, “make it more like anime”, or “you better take my advice or I’m boycotting your show”.
But as I said before, Butch responded in a bad way. I mean normally it’s good to brush off the haters, but in this digital age, it’s better to just ignore them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I won't disagree with that, at times this is what constructive criticism is used as, but I remember way before that Christian thing happened, that a lot of people, including PieGuyRulz, would perfectly explain why Butch's Kickstarter wasn't a good idea, for a multitude of reasons.

SweetShop209

Butch Hartman had been working with someone named Kuro The Artist, and at around 13:00, he mentions that part of what he wrote in a letter to him ended up used in the Oaxis video. It's interesting to say the least.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Nothing surprising. Did he really think he could create a whole streaming service from the ground up with just *checks Kickstarter* $268,134?

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, this doesn't surprise me either. It was already going to be a pretty difficult project from the start, especially when there are a lot of streaming services already well established, but the drama involved with it would definitely have made it more difficult for him to get more funding for this site.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I can't find the video. Does it not show up on mobile?

My main question is, "will the money be refunded to the supporters?" Because I'm sure the people who paid ten grand to voice an animated character in one of Oaxis' shows aren't going to be real happy when they find out this news. If Butch just hoards the money for however long it takes for Oaxis to come to fruition, he's asking for the controversy and tension to get worse.

Funny, I was thinking about this thread just the other day.

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
I think he'd only give the supporters their refunds were Oaxis officially cancelled, which it isn't. Would be pretty stupid to raise more funds while also relinquishing the funds he already had.

ToonJay723

Staff member
What a mess. He should just quit while he's ahead and give everyone a refund. This is going to be worse than "Cans Without Labels", because at least that was a finished product. Butch's streaming service will never come out.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't get how he goes from making early FOP and Danny Phantom to this. What the heck happened to him?

Did Bunsen burning up break him?
Honestly, something about him felt off to me before Bunsen even came out. I just wasn't sure what until the Oaxis stuff happened. I think he might have let his past success go to his head.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts