Butch Hartman developing new SVOD service Oaxis

Nick Mick

Now forget and be content ♥
Holly molly, the animation community's more well known youtubers immediately respond to Butch's response on Twitter.

But what about mine? Well-- I'm sick of it. Following every single new evidence that proves that Butch is guilty/not guilty, again, and again.... and while I understand those who are obsessed with finding more pieces to solve this case, maybe because past experiences of me taking part in important dramas, make me heavily understand them, this one is centered around a guy that as hard as you try, you won't be able to find his true colors. In which case, the only thing left to do, is seeing how this "project" if you even want to call that anymore, turns out. It may be great and the end..... who knows?

Oh, and on top of that, even THAT response is lacking crucial understatement of what kind of community Butch is dealing with. He says how he loves his fans, even though he would tend to react in a immature way to most people criticizing him, which equals with an important amount of his fan base. And about that oaxis not being Christian only, it would have been better if he was addressing that answer he made on a Livestream of him, that started all this mess.

And he has to stop saying how he made our childhood. The creator of Zim in a tweet of him, overacts a bit about how people say to him how he made their childhood, but he brings a crucial point about how parents are the real people playing a major role in childhood (all other influential things come below that).

Last edited:

Dynamite Soldier

Dang, I never knew Butch would ruin his loyal reputation in just in a matter of a few days. This whole Oaxis fiasco really got the worst out of him.

First Chris Savino, then Dan Schneider, then John K., then Cyma Zarghami, and now Butch Hartman. Are there any more lunatics/egotistical jerks/criminals at Nick? This really seems to become a trend lately.

Nick Mick

Guys, I'm not keen with presenting things as disaster-like, but the current state of Butch's career, is something that has to truly be seen to be believed. People have been disliking like crazy his videos (a great example being that How Poof Saved FOP one, with its likes being half the dislikes!), his video views aren't the same, tons of people attack him in YouTube and Twitter, and that... [sarcasm] apologyyy, in which he spents more time putting a subliminal message, makes him a piece of cake for the ACTUAL trollers. Even Nick Animation realized how terrible of a guy he is.

And to reach the tip of the iceberg, Butch's subliminal message attempt is downright pointless. Like I don't care about the quote itself, it's fine, but putting more effort in that, rather than giving actual answers and addressing specific events, is beyond me.

Oh, and there's this new hashtag that has become a trend on Twitter.

Last edited:

Nick Mick

[duplicated post so alert can be sent]

BREAKING NEWS

1. Butch Hartman starts claiming files on Google Drive accounts through DCMAs.

2. PieGuyRulz was driven in to a breaking point, due to very recent criticism and attacks on his Butch-related videos, and says he won't be on Twitter for a long time.

Personally, I find this unfair, because most people criticizing him, don't know how Butch said in an answer of someone in a livestream, that this service would have Christian values.

Troy Troodon

Here's what I had to say.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 7.31.32 AM.png

jaylop97

Staff member
Butch seems to be less active online as of late, I wonder if he's also going to keep low for a while, considering how active he normally is, this isn't like him. If that is the case I really hope he does take some time to get his act together because he should do so.

Nick Mick

...guys, let's be honest here. Butch was never a true Christian. I mean, you can practically understand it from this damn quote: "My shows had Jesus parabels in them..."

FACEPALM. of course! I mean, you surely wouldn't be foolish enough to see how Butch greatly honors the Lord with Cosmo shown as a pregnant fairy, and tons of adult jokes in his shows. I mean, some of them aren't bad and are genuine, but saying that you put parabels in Bunsen is a Beast f.e., a show that tries most of the time to hammer in every single bottom of the barrel joke like tons of FOP and TUFF episodes (but... Whatevs (?)), is way too much.

Especially when Butch is revealed to be a [sarcasm] humble, teeeeerribly humble man, who happens to have friendships with other horrible people, I mean con men, with one of them trying to suck his family's very blood, and send her daughters to unaccredited schools that steal your money.

And his latest video about AJ and Chester's disappearance, is quite bad. He spents 8 minutes to just say that the crew started getting bored of developing these characters, though they had a great time creating and developing Sparkly and Chloe, two characters that have way too similar personalities with those of the previous 2 I mentioned. Yes, his videos about the music of the show and a DP spin off were admiteddly interesting, but with time passing it seems that he starts running out of things to say about the shows that "made our childhood" anymore

Seriously though, this Butch Hartman seems like a person his 2000's self would parody the heck out of.

Nick Mick

[duplicated, so notification can be sent. also, this is dead serious]

Butch Hartman is a terrible man. I mean, he's the one responsible for one of the biggest dramas in the animation community, because of him constantly LYING to us, and he has the GUTS, to talk about how introverts are selfish people.

Well, here's a fun fact about me: I'm an introvert. Yes, I don't usually talk with most people at school, even though I do have a few friendships with a few people outside of school. And I pass a lot of time thinking about stuff I read about. I like digging deeper into these things. And let me tell ya; this has helped me in communicating with people, when I do, making me also able to share with him our feelings, our tastes, and our hobbies.

Now, here comes a guy who has spent his life bragging about his achievements, and has a love for looking things from the surface (take for example, that time he blamed, not only smartphones, but also MEDIA, for the very existence of suicide), presenting being introvert as a terrible crime, and that we should change.

(Like, even most people at my school don't call me like that, and for a good reason.)

No, Butch, you're wrong. Yes, we have to use all that thinking we make for making more and more conversations in the near future, and we should certainly not be afraid to tell what we think. Because, your honesty makes you a true hero.

BUT, the way Butch tries to downplay it, like it's a decision WE make because we INTETIONALLY don't want others to know what we are thinking, is terribly disguisting, and something, that even without that drama about Oaxis going on, shouldn't go unnoticed at least.

Being an introvert is only the beginning, as you start to grow up, and thus speak with more and more people, making it a process to change. What Butch really says here, is that being an introvert is more of a flaw , and much like criminals, you should change you mind as quickly as possible about what you are doing.

You know, it would be easy for me to say, that, extroverts are really selfish people, and that we are the true people others should count on. But no, I'm not as selfish as YOU ARE, Butch, and actually like to get in touch with these people, so I can overcome what you assume is a CURSE. Only with this way, I will be able to understand the intentions, the tastes, the hobbies, and even the plans they have for their future, as I will be able to judge and understand things on my own, just like before, and NOT blindly accept whatever someone is throwing at me, not even when a 20-year Hollywood veteran makes a new streaming service!!!!

And why you stop there? Can't you also insult gay people? After all, being gay is as much of a personality trait as being an introvert, and I'm sure they are terrible people because of insulting reality, and trying to desperately misrepresent reality!!!! Ugh, what kind of sick people are they!
On the very top of that, introvertion isn't even really coming close to what Butch said, action-wise. A lot of interoverts are actually people who like living life and speak up for himself (unlike Butch, who makes sure he has enough fanboys not to have the necessity to do so), but prefer having close groups of friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's that, Butch? You want to know what we think, so you can "spread" extrovertion? Okay, then.

I think you're a self-centered guy who doesn't have the guts to look things beyond the surface, because of spending too much time bragging about making our childhoood (when literally, you only made 4 shows, with 2 of them only gaining critical acclaim), making clickbait videos so you can flush down the toilet what could had been inspring stories (take for example his Working at MARVEL video), and not being willing to either give people some clear explanation about evidence showing him you as someone wanting to secretly pass his religions to other people, or accept criticism by people that CARE used to care about you.

In other words, no matter how wild your imagination is, and how nice-looking you are, your brain will always be too small to at least, understand with what people you're dealing, whether they wil be introverts, or people that are true fans of your shows.
Better?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there's this bit when he starts talking about how we need to change ourselves, by moving out of our homes, when living with our parents (??????????), and trying doing something we don't want to do. So, I guess that episode of Steven Universe, "Sadie's Song", was wrong. Barbara and Steven should make Sadie overcome her fear of doing something she never had the intention to do.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I was never interested in this, but I don't understand why so many people are so sure these will be shows that only Christians can enjoy.

Camp Lazlo aired in the Netherlands on the "Evangelische Omroep" (Evangelic Broadcaster). Their Catholic broadcaster KRO also aired cartoons like CatDog, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Rocket Power, Spirou & Fantasio and The Secret Show. I remember watching KRO every Wednesday as a child, despite not beling religious.

A show with Christian values is not the same as a show about praying or even bringing up religion.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I was never interested in this, but I don't understand why so many people are so sure these will be shows that only Christians can enjoy.

Camp Lazlo aired in the Netherlands on the "Evangelische Omroep" (Evangelic Broadcaster). Their Catholic broadcaster KRO also aired cartoons like CatDog, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Rocket Power, Spirou & Fantasio and The Secret Show. I remember watching KRO every Wednesday as a child, despite not beling religious.

A show with Christian values is not the same as a show about praying or even bringing up religion.
Butch making this a Christian service, or at least using Christian ideals, is not a bad idea. People take issue with the fact that he was never upfront about what the service would be about , and he's never given a direct answer as to why he withheld this information. Combine that with the way he deflects all criticism, and this does not paint him in a good light.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
He obviously never said anything about his Christian values because then everyone would assume that his next shows would be preachy and boring. The Fairly OddParents probably also has some of his Christian values somewhere.

Seriously, all we know right now is that:
1) these shows won't be like Steven Universe or Korra
2) if you didn't like any of his previous shows (like me), then you probably won't like his next shows either, however, if you do like those, then there is so far no reason to assume that you won't like his next shows

When someone makes a certain show, then his values will automatically be in it. It isn't a matter of withhelding information, in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Butchman might be associated with some cult, who knows, but then he was already associated with it while making Danny Phantom, FOP and TUFF Puppy and those turned out "great" for some people.

From an outsider's point of view, many of the Christian groups in the United States look like cults. (Sorry but it's true) I don't understand why his particular group is more cult-ish than others. What do they do that makes them "dangerous"?
Saying someone belongs to a cult is often just a mean way to say "I don't like him and his religion!" much like medieval people said "She's a witch!".

Last edited:

Nick Mick

Well, if he was honest about it being Christian and not having LGBT themes, he would at the very least gain, some respect.

Also, I don't think I ever saw a Christian value on FOP (though then again, maybe I'm missing something. maybe......)

Also, about the cult Butch is associated with, yes, he may was having associations with him when making his shows, but if there's something the Oaxis drama showed, is that eventually, such associations will always turn out to be terrible.

Though I respect your opinion.

Mandouga

Whoever originally said "there's no such thing as bad publicity" must not have (really) known what they were talking about.

At this point, that's all I can say about it...

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Whoever originally said "there's no such thing as bad publicity" must not have (really) known what they were talking about.

At this point, that's all I can say about it...
That sentence was used before the age of hate hypes on social media.

A few months ago, a French publisher decided not to publish a new comic after just 24 (or 48?) hours of hate hype on social media. The comic was about "How to be a girl". Someone saw a picture of it and said "Yeah this will make girls think they are only there to please men!! why isn't she a strong woman" and lots of people started hating it. The thing is: the comic was written by a woman. She had put lots of work into it and the publisher first thought it was okay until the hate hype for just a picture.

I can't even find the title online anymore, but I got the message from stripspeciaalzaak.be :(

THIS is why I always give everyone the benefit of doubt, rather than jumping on the hate train. YES, I would rather refuse to hate a crazy cult member / abuser / pedophile etc. than ruin an innocent's career. My hate means nothing to him if he's guilty. The police will be on it. However, if he's innocent, then I would be ruining his life with my online hatred.

Online hatred never helps anything. It only ruins things. Besides, we will have more than enough time to hate these nutjobs once the police arrests them.

Hence I am not going to believe Butchman is a crazy cult member until proven.

(I still think this service will be a massive failure, though)

Nick Mick

While it may be true that a few people like me may have been too harsh on this guy, there's still the fact he wasn't clear about what he was doing, and most importantly, refused to take constructive criticism, written to make him benefit from it, seriously.

Also, that comment he made on introverts still hurts me a bit.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts