Butch Hartman developing new SVOD service Oaxis

Latest News & Videos

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Attiki, Greece
Overreacting sells these days, especially on YouTube. And yeah, it kinda worries me everyone is being taught to attack everyone else, as if this is the best way to behave. No more Pieguy stuff in this thread, please, unless it's a podcast where he interviews Greg.
I know PieGuy, and he always tells his thoughts about people, not for the sake of attacking them. And with that said, Butch Hart man, a guy who said some terrible stuff about us, may deserves being attacked again, and again.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
Hartman's ego and reaction to criticism shouldn't be so surprising considering how the last few seasons of FOP and his other shows, he had nothing but yes-men helping him on his shows.

MegasMilo379

Removed.
May 28, 2016
Eh, I think Rise and Fall of Nickelodeon is the worst offender. At least PieGuy doesn't want to keep talking about Butch Hartman anymore, and he did apologize about saying Butch was homophobic in the video, as it was suspicion rather than concrete evidence. The Rise and Fall of Nick however is just digging though Butch's history and making unfunny memes just to get retweets. Before we were just taking about OAXIS, but thanks to this guy everyone ended up talking about these other stuff.
I think Trafon is posting all this stuff as much as he does specifically to make sure the word spreads and that Butch suffers some much-needed hubris for his actions. [...] but I agree that if not kept in check, it can get to a point where it comes off as personal and bordering on cherry-picking. And yeah, he's definitely reaching that point IMO. And yeah, I'm not a fan of his meme posts either, especially given a lot of them are of easy sources like pre-movie Spongebob (which I think is the single most overquoted piece of animation in existence, but I digress).
Going off - topic for a bit, I agree with you guys about Rise and Fall of Nick. I like his posts at times, but as I continue to follow the Facebook page, posts on his disliked topics continue to get slightly bigger and shallower (TTG, New PPG, CN as a whole, pre-movie SB, Nick as a whole, and other shows he personally doesn't like i.e.) just for the sake of getting likes. He doesn't have to do this as he's already very popular, but it gets very annoying for me to look at sometimes.
I haven't gone to it for a while-- and after the Oaxis over-implosion, I'm glad I didn't. (Probably has like 37 posts on it already) Plus, typing "Enjoy!" at the end of literally almost every post grinds my gears IMO.

Now back on...

Pooky

Jul 14, 2010
UK
I don't want to defend him too much because my view of him has certainly been dimmed by this whole thing, but I do think people have jumped the gun on assuming it will be a Christian network. There is a big difference between saying work will be routed in Christian values and work that is explicitly Christian in nature, or intended exclusively for Christian audiences. Indeed, in his speech he explicitly says that he does not intend for the network to be like TBN or others that are in that category. It seems equally possible he is playing up the religious angle for the Church crowd, also disingeneous and manipulative and far from admirable but not as bad as the (still quite likely, I don't deny) possibility that he has defrauded his young fan base for money.

As for his thin skin; sadly, as long as there have been artists and critics, there have been artists who say critics have no worth. I don't like it, but it's not shocking to me.

His views on mental health could charitably be described as naive and outdated, which does not excuse them from being ignorant and downright reprehensible. Sadly, they are not uncommon, particularly the falacy that it is a recent phenomenon. It is true that technological advances has led to young suicide, but that is through cyberbullying, his message seems very different.

Ultimately whatever comes of this, Butch Hartman is a very wealthy man and I see no reason why he couldn't have got the ball running with his own cash, except, I suppose, that he already tried and failed with that once. I do hold out a scrap of hope that the situation may not be as grim as it seems, even though my respect for him has taken several hits either way.

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Attiki, Greece
Wow... not only rumors about a church banking the project came to the surface, thanks to TRAFON's Twitter, but an user on YouTube uploaded an original version of the 24 hour video in Butch Hartman's channel.

He probably took down the original and uploaded the other one with all that begging stuff, because that one also had a trailer for a Noog Network lives action special, which not only has NOTHING TO DO with Oaxis, but also begs the question of the mere existence of Oaxis when there's the Noog Network, which fits for an animation industry veteran like him (I mean, yeah, it's not that good, given the fact this live action thing will be released there, but chances are, Oaxis will go the same way), and has horrible premise and acting (seriously, a kid thinking his dad is a superhero when he REALLY IS, while watching Butch Hartmand dressed as that anchor from FOP on TV, and .... a creepy girl??????).

EDIT: I'm actually wrong. This was released way before the final days of the Kickstarter, though the same thumbnail was used, and that movie was released on Noog way before.

Last edited:

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Nov 1, 2013
The sad part is that he couldve just partnered up with Hallmark but no he wanted to do his own "Streaming" site

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

SG-17

May 12, 2018
Pennsylvania
I can't believe whats happened. He is totally off his rocker. I wonder what broke him? Bunsen failing and him "leaving" Nick? Was he always like this but always had someone restraining him?

I loved FOP and Danny Phantom so much, none of this craziness ever was in those shows.

Reactions: 2 people

stephane dumas

Apr 23, 2006
Canada
I can't believe whats happened. He is totally off his rocker. I wonder what broke him? Bunsen failing and him "leaving" Nick? Was he always like this but always had someone restraining him?

I loved FOP and Danny Phantom so much, none of this craziness ever was in those shows.
I can also add if someone might forced him to do some stuffs as well who was against his will? These ill-fated FOP live-action movies was probably not the way he originally planned.

I mentionned in another thread on TZ a vlog who sadly was removed (and I don't know if someone else had reuploaded elsewhere) who talked of Butch Hartman's departure and the vlogger wondering if Dan Schneider antics and allegations could also be a factor in Butch Hartman deciding to quit Nickelodeon?

I digged a bit some of Butch Hartman's older posts on Twitter and he posted this tweet on the same day then Dan Schneider parted way (or was being fired).

Nick Mick

Jan 2, 2018
Attiki, Greece
OK, TRAFON has overdone it. This is out-of-topic, and TRAFON may not know it, but in a YouTube video of a popular user, he said the show was done because Nick wanted to move on.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Elizabeth,NJ
OK, TRAFON has overdone it. This is out-of-topic, and TRAFON may not know it, but in a YouTube video of a popular user, he said the show was done because Nick wanted to move on.
That pretty much puts any chance of Danny Phantom of ever being revived down to zero before Hartman even left the network. Though if Nick were to revive it without Hartman, they could put someone in charge that could be relied on to stay in the budget.
It is kind of strange that Danny Phantom wasn't making any money on merchandise considering how often Hartman is nagged for it's revival. Though maybe it's a "few people screaming loudest to sound like the majority" or "don't realize what you have until it's gone" situations.

But Hartman constantly going out of budget does show how responsible he is with money, and that might indicate Oaxis's chance of success.

stephane dumas

Apr 23, 2006
Canada
That pretty much puts any chance of Danny Phantom of ever being revived down to zero before Hartman even left the network. Though if Nick were to revive it without Hartman, they could put someone in charge that could be relied on to stay in the budget.
If DP was to be revive, I think Nick could be tempted to go a step further by outsourcing some production service work in Canada like Warner Bros. did with Johnny Test to stay in the budget.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
While that message sounded nice on paper, he didn't really address the main complaints surrounding him recently. People were reasonably upset over Oaxis being more faith-based and feeling like they were manipulated into giving him money for a project they didn't know the full details of, which is what happened, but I've seen much more backlash over Butch's comments on mental health, having a giant ego and not responding well to criticism.

As bad as the kickstarter situation itself is, the other points are a lot more problematic to me because of how dismissive and downright insulting he has been towards other people. That says a lot about who Butch Hartman really is and if I had donated to his project, I'd demand for my money back right away just for his insensitive and insulting comments.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Yes I’m still here. Some mental issues but there’s stuff I’m ready for like new Mao Mao and Close Enough, the latter I waited on for 3 years.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hello, Light Lucario. My 4th of July went pretty well. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I got a couple of nice cards with a little birthday money. We'll be having another barbecue tonight with plenty of birthday cake. I hope you'll be able to wish me a Happy Birthday.
And we have a tie of 1 vote each. I'll be tiebreaker, and pick TOTS. Now we start the final matchup. It's between Muppet Babies 2018 and TOTS.

Dedicated to everyone who, in these hard pandemic times, try celebrating the Fourth of July while using merpeople as means of escape from all this ruckus.
Asa
Happy Birthday, America!