Butch Hartman developing new SVOD service Oaxis

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The woman in that interview said something true and interesting while she was defending Butch. She said you can make anything look bad if you choose to. And I was like, "Yes. Are you aware that you and Hartman are making the Bible look bad by wrapping yourselves in it to brush off criticisms of illegal actions?"

I don't actually think the idea of following the Bible is a bad thing, or at least I didn't used to. But the types of people who wave it around nowadays are the types of people who have no business lecturing anyone else on morality.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, that was pretty passive aggressive nonsense. Using the Bible or religion to brush off criticism is pretty bad in itself, but it's especially concerning given their whole "praying the autism away" camp. Breaking the contract with Kurbo is still quite bad and Butch should be held legally accountable to pay him instead of just dancing around the bush about it, but learning about that camp reminded me way too much of conversion therapy and it hurts my soul.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, that was pretty passive aggressive nonsense. Using the Bible or religion to brush off criticism is pretty bad in itself, but it's especially concerning given their whole "praying the autism away" camp. Breaking the contract with Kurbo is still quite bad and Butch should be held legally accountable to pay him instead of just dancing around the bush about it, but learning about that camp reminded me way too much of conversion therapy and it hurts my soul.
Can you believe this person is in charge of creating shows for children? How messed up is that?

Pooky

Staff member
I thought some of the criticism of him around Oasis were a bit unfair, and some things were taken out of context, but sadly it seems he pretty much is the person his critics have accused him of being. I think this about sums it up:

I had my suspicions about his ego when I heard him describe Danny Phantom as "one of the most iconic cartoons of all time". Of 2004 maybe.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought some of the criticism of him around Oasis were a bit unfair, and some things were taken out of context, but sadly it seems he pretty much is the person his critics have accused him of being. I think this about sums it up:

I had my suspicions about his ego when I heard him describe Danny Phantom as "one of the most iconic cartoons of all time". Of 2004 maybe.

That ego would certainly explain a lot and I think fits in too well with how he handled the whole Oasis situation. Besides that, it's really overselling Danny Phantom. Maybe you could argue that it's one of the more popular Nicktoons of the 2000's, but that's about it. Fairly Odd Parents is probably more recognizable simply because it lasted far longer than Danny Phantom did.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

"When people tell you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou.
I've never even seen Danny Phantom.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Looking closely at the Oaxis website, sizzle reel, and mockups, these are the shows and movies I’m assuming are on there:

Movies
Dumbo(remake)
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Ready Player One
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Forever My Girl
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
The Pursuit of Happiness
Toy Story 4

Series
Doctor Who(at the very least series 5)
Gilmore Girls
Mono Robo(from Noog Network)
Zack 2.0(from Noog Network)
Noog Network(in general, I’m assuming, since the Land of Noog homepage was used for “games”)
Sofa Spuds!(original series)
Kim Possible
The Fairly OddParents
ImagiNathan(original series, based on Noog Network show)
DynaMice(original series, based on dropped CN pilot)
Splatypus(original series)

ImagiNathan, DynaMice, and Splatypus were announced by Butch as Oaxis shows, while Sofa Spuds was a game(“competition”) show used in the sizzle reel. I’m assuming it’s an original series.

Also, the Noog Network app has been deleted. Butch has been uploading old Noog shorts to the official account, so I’m guessing that’s gonna be the “Noog”(new) home for Noog.

Tacomaster

After some research, I found that Oaxis:
* will have a version with ads costing $8.99 and an ad-free version for $10.99
* will cost $50 million for the first phase.
* Is looking to be released in summer 2021.

Moleoman

From what I found, the sizzle reel mp4 file on Oaxis' website seems to have been last modified on June 27, 2019... that is less than 5 months before Disney+ was launched in the US.

Also, if you look carefully, the "Toy Story 4" poster used in the reel is actually the French one.

Tacomaster

The Overlord

From what I found, the sizzle reel mp4 file on Oaxis' website seems to have been last modified on June 27, 2019... that is less than 5 months before Disney+ was launched in the US.

Also, if you look carefully, the "Toy Story 4" poster used in the reel is actually the French one.

Is there any evidence he has the rights to any of that stuff? It seems like that stuff would be on other Streaming sites rather than this one.

Why didn't Butch try to get a job with Disney or Warner Brothers after leaving Nickelodeon, why this?

Tacomaster

Why didn't Butch try to get a job with Disney or Warner Brothers after leaving Nickelodeon, why this?
Because his ego is too big to work for anyone but himself. Also, he tried pitching DynaMice to CN, and it didn’t turn over too well. (Although I wonder what would happen if he pitched Bug Girl, his only female-led pilot as far as I know, was pitched to female-focused Disney...)

The Overlord

Because his ego is too big to work for anyone but himself. Also, he tried pitching DynaMice to CN, and it didn’t turn over too well. (Although I wonder what would happen if he pitched Bug Girl, his only female-led pilot as far as I know, was pitched to female-focused Disney...)

I think Butch could be a competent showrunner under someone else, but he is not cut out to run his own company.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts