Bunsen is a Beast Series Talkback

kanc

This is a cry for attention to get audience or viewers to really like the show, but really this is a pity

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Pickle and Peanut (ugly and stupid as that is) has won me over better than this show ever could, and it hasn't even started yet. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Then again, I expect nothing less of something that reminds me of the crap-fest that truly is My Gym Partner's a Monkey.

DHB8008

You know if the former was correct, where would Butch go. Its not like he is this great animation creator and the stuff he makes isn't really that marketable or grand so I don't see him working with Disney or Sony. Butch is pretty much stuck there
I can imagine him at WB Animation.

SaneMan

Pickle and Peanut (ugly and stupid as that is) has won me over better than this show ever could, and it hasn't even started yet. I mean that with every fiber of my being.

Then again, I expect nothing less of something that reminds me of the crap-fest that truly is My Gym Partner's a Monkey.
You mean one of the most underrated shows CN ever produced?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

Was MGPaM really that underrated? Then again, most of the hatred I found for that show was on sites that had no business allowing people to review stuff... Still, unlike Pickle & Peanut, I just wasn't a fan of that show (and yeah, it's hard for me to admit to liking P&P, for another thing, knowing how stupid and ugly that show sadly is..).

As for this show, however, I can't see it being underrated, knowing who's helming it - unlike your example, sadly.

SweetShop209

A screenshot from an episode in production. Set to air in 2017. Any opinions on this?
I'm an open minded person, and while I'm willing to give anything a chance, I do have standards. That picture of Bunsen is just weird. I know he's a monster (or beast), but he looks way too deformed to be taken seriously and doesn't look cartoony enough to be funny. I know this is just one picture, but it's not a flattering picture.

SmileyToonatic

I agree, My Gym Partner's a Monkey is extremely underrated. I love that show, it was really good! Bunsen is a Beast seems like a rip-off of it.While My Gym Partner's a Monkey had an original premise, great art design, a well-developed school setting and hilarious comedy, Bunsen is a Beast looks like pretty much the opposite. It's really underwhelming, to say the least.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Am I the only one who thinks Nick is the wrong network and this totally looks like a CN/Boom show? Also, that character looks like a ripoff of Squirrel Boy. Bunsen Is A Beast will fail.

DeanBurrito25

Well, this doesn't feel like a Butch Hartman show - much less a Nickelodeon one - judging by that clip.

So that makes two new Nicktoons that use Toon Boom Harmony animation (this and The Loud House). I wonder if this is going to become a new trend or if it's purely coincidence. Disney Television Animation seems to have jumped on that bandwagon a while ago.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts