Bunsen is a Beast Series Talkback

ninetieskids

Nick just greenlit a new show from Butch Hartman called Bunsen is a Beast!: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nickelodeon-greenlights-animated-series-oddparents-848666

"Bunsen is a Beast! centers on the adventures of Bunsen, the first beast to attend a human-grade school. On his first day, Bunsen befriends a classmate name Mikey, who comes to guide him through the ups and downs of life as a human. Bunsen also introduces Mikey to the wild and whacky world of monsters, which turns out to be a lot more fun and a lot less scary."

jaylop97

Staff member
Wow another cartoon I have a bad feeling Nick isn't going to give it airtime and develop well.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Well, that's easily the most bizarre concept I've heard in a while. And we've been getting a lot of those lately, so that's saying something.

It doesn't sound like it'll be very good judging by the summary, but considering that the article mentions a "range of emotions" and a developing friendship, it's certainly not without hope. It sounds as though Hartman may been trying something different for once; the designs are definitely more surreal than his usual fare.

kanc

If Nick is greenlighting another Butch Hartman show: Bunsen is a Beast!, then it looks like season 10 of Fairly OddParents could be the last though Nickelodeon never says so

SaneMan

So it's basically an inverted "My Gym Partner is a Monkey"
only that it has Butch Hartman involved, which means it won't be even nearly as good

Yeah, I'll be most likely skipping this one
pretty sure Breadwinners will be better than this

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
If Nick is greenlighting another Butch Hartman show: Bunsen is a Beast!, then it looks like season 10 of Fairly OddParents could be the last though Nickelodeon never says so
FOP ran simultaneously with Danny Phantom and T.U.F.F. Puppy so season 10 might not be the last.

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
Doesn't matter. Nick will give the show the Legend of Korra treatment because it wasn't Spongebob Squarepants.

Lord Hater

Retired
The plot is bizarre and the colors are something. I might give this a chance but prefer Breadwinners over this.

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
I see Mikey has SPECIAL EYES. I kinda like Bunsen's design, though.

This certainly looks and sounds like a departure from Butch Hartman's usual fare, but time will tell if it's more than just the art-style though.

Maybe if this show catches on, Fairly Oddparents will finally be put to rest like it's been needing for the past two or three years.

dothesmartthing

Planet Yakko
The character design for Butch Hartman's new show looks different for a change. So far I didn't see his trademark rectangular eyebrows.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
So it's basically an inverted "My Gym Partner is a Monkey"
only that it has Butch Hartman involved, which means it won't be even nearly as good

Yeah, I'll be most likely skipping this one
pretty sure Breadwinners will be better than this
Hell the main Kid looks like Adam Lyon

Rhaynebow

At least Hartman isn't using another Timmy Turner base with the character designs. The premise does sound like it could work really well in the character design department, with monsters and things.

Really, I'm just happy that Nick is getting a new cartoon. It seems like for every new toon, Nick greenlights 5 live action shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trombone77

Really, I'm just happy that Nick is getting a new cartoon. It seems like for every new toon, Nick greenlights 5 live action shows.

Honestly, while I'm all for animation, I kind of feel that Nick has too many. We currently have 8 Nicktoons running with 2 acquisitions. Furthermore, we have a slew of animated series that are greenlit: Welcome to the Wayne, Cupcakery of Doom, Pinky Malinky, The Loud House, apparently Moosebox, Super Macho Pig (made by the same guy who made El Tigre), and this show. Plus, we also have the Mysticons coming. While SMP may be a speculation, I kind of hope that Nick tones down on all these greenlightings and just allows some of these cartoons to flourish.

As for this show, the designs are a bit of a departure from Hartman's usual style, so I'll give him that. However, I still don't know what to think of the concept. It's okay, but I hope that the characters are better. Also, is it just me, or is anyone else not a fan of the title? I kind of hope it's a working title.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
^ Hey, you can never have too much animation on an animation network!
If the the shows are good then Id agree with Nick is a little hit or miss with its animation. They're improving but still a little hit or miss and this is Hartman we are talking about

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised that Hartman is behind this show. The character designs are pretty different from his usual style and it kind of reminded me of Chowder when I first saw them. The premise sounds decent enough, so I might give it a shot.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts