"Bugs Bunny Builders" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

TsWade2

I know it's not the same art style or premise, but this reminds me of Baby Looney Tunes for some reason...
Baby Looney Tunes is the worst cartoon ever. Why are they giving Bugs Bunny and friends their own preschool show, I will never know.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Baby Looney Tunes is the worst cartoon ever.
I wouldn't go that far. Have you seen Loonatics Unleashed?

I personally seen worse.

Why are they giving Bugs Bunny and friends their own preschool show, I will never know.
Because Cartoonito, Cartoon Network/HBO Max's preschool brand, needed more original programming rather than relying on acquisitions, and considering that Bugs Bunny Builders is made for preschoolers and not for die-hard Looney Tunes fans, you don't have to watch it since it's not made for people our age anyway.

So, there ya go.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
And Bugs Bunny Builders doesn't appear to be a rehash of that. They seem to be going for a different, wackier vibe here, and kudos I say. And I've seen much, much worse than Baby Looney Tunes; if you think BLT is the worst cartoon ever, then you've obviously never seen Mega Babies.
Why are they giving Bugs Bunny and friends their own preschool show, I will never know.
Because WB wants little kids to tune in to Cartoonito and an easy way to make that happen is to give them shows starring popular characters that they know and love. I really don't get this mad-on you have for established cartoon characters getting preschool shows, as if that somehow taints the franchise. It doesn't. Just because the Looney Tunes are getting a preschool show doesn't mean that they'll be strictly for that audience from now on (there were Looney Tunes children's meals a la Kid Cuisine back in the 90's and I notice that we still got general audience Looney Tunes fare afterwards); a preschool Looney Tunes show doesn't mean that everything else WB has done with the Looney Tunes is going to be wiped from existence, and also just because the Looney Tunes are getting a show on Cartoonito doesn't mean that you're required by law to watch it. Just watch something else when Bugs Bunny Builders comes on, problem solved. BBB isn't being made for us olds anyway. Let the kiddos enjoy their show already.

Last edited:

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
No it isn't. It's not even the worst cartoon to come from Warner Bros. I've seen Loonatics Unleashed, Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain and Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island and those were much worse.
Because Disney gave Mickey Mouse and his friends preschool shows, and those shows are doing well on Disney Junior. Kids are watching the shows and buying the toys and merchandise. Warner Bros. wants that success for their preschool block.

I don't see the problem with this. Kids, even tiny tots, know who Bugs Bunny is, and Looney Tunes getting a preschool show isn't going to signal the end of the franchise. Earlier you thought that Disney greenlighting Mickey and the Roadster Racers meant that the Paul Rudish shorts would come to an end, and that didn't happen. Looney Tunes will be fine. If anything, Bugs Bunny Builders will be good for the franchise because it'll introduce kids to Looney Tunes at an early age.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Yeah. Heck, as violent as LT can get, it’s not even the worst classic cartoon you can make into a toddler show. Tom and Jerry is a way worse fit, and yet it’s also getting a Cartoonito series, that looks REALLY GOOD.
Wasn't Tom & Jerry Kids essentially the same violent cat & mouse chase just different character designs?
Baby Looney Tunes, on the other hand, relied solely on the characters' personalities in a tepid environment
(seriously "Rugrats" yet somehow lower stakes & all-around less fun).
I'm hoping they're at least writing witty energetic jokes for this "Bob the Builder" take on them.

Tom & Jerry Time is indeed shockingly impressive & unbelievably artsy fartsy for what it is.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Haven't listed to it , but Abe Audish and Luis Gadea were guests on this YouTube panel to discuss the show.
Join us for a discussion with Warner Bros. Animation as we host Abe Audish (Supervising Producer) and Luis Gadea (Character Designer) from the upcoming Looney Tunes preschool series “Bugs Bunny Builders”. We’ll dive into their career and journey in animation, and creating and designing a re-imagining of Looney Tunes for a new generation of young viewers.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I'm really happy that we'll be getting crazy Daffy Duck for this show instead of jealous jerk Daffy Duck. No disrespect meant to Chuck Jones or Friz Freleng, but Daffy's shtick is supposed to be that he's nuts, not that he's inferior to everyone else. Apart from this, New Looney Tunes and Looney Tunes Cartoons, I hope the daffy version of Daffy will become his default portrayal going forward.

It's kind of mind-blowing that we may be getting the first team-up of Bugs and insane Daffy on a preschool show.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts