"Bugs Bunny Builders" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
A new Looney Tunes show is in the works for the Cartoonito preschool block on Cartoon Network and HBO Max.

Bugs Bunny Builders (working title) – Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and built on the solid comedic foundation of the iconic Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny Builders brings the wackiness, humor and slapstick we’ve grown to love to a new preschool audience. At ACME Construction Company Bugs Bunny and Lola Bunny manage a crew of builders that, quite frankly, should not be anywhere near a construction site. However, by working together as a team, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety and others use their tools and wild vehicles to pull off some of the looniest construction jobs ever.

Comments?

harry580

everytime I heard the word bugs bunny builders I think the theme song be like this

bugs bunny builders
can we fix it
bugs bunny builders
yes we can

JMTV

I'd already talked about Bugs Bunny Builders in another thread, so why not bring it up here:

I mean, it's funny to me because this will be the first time in almost 20 years that Looney Tunes will have a preschool show. From the looks of the preview, the art style kinda reminds me of Looney Tunes Show 2011 and mixing of the construction aspect of Bob the Builder. I'm legitimately curious about what they're gonna do with it. I'm aware that Boomerang currently aired Baby Looney Tunes, but it would've been nice if Cartoonito put it on there as special treat. Plus, I would love to see a Baby Looney Tunes style reunion in Bugs Bunny Builders. I know that HBO Max's Looney Tunes Cartoons already brought back other classic characters, so why not do it again? I mean, it got Lola back again, now let's bring Petunia Pig, Melissa Duck, Taz, Speedy, Marvin, Pepe, and more. Bring those back because one of things that I was disappointed with Baby Looney Tunes is they brought back the other classic characters as camoes and never utilized them very well, with the exception of Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner. So I'm hoping that Bugs Bunny Builders can actually fix that. As long as they did that, I'll be completely satisfied.

everytime I heard the word bugs bunny builders I think the theme song be like this

bugs bunny builders
can we fix it
bugs bunny builders
yes we can

Yeah, I'm getting Bob the Builder vibes from that.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
We still need a sequel series to BLT depicting the Tunes as high school students, with Floyd as vice principal.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Indeed, they put Bob the Builder and The Looney Tunes Show in a blender and this came out.

SoundDestroyer

The Midnight Hunter
Hehe, it looks like a spin-off from Baby Looney Tunes.
Don't hate, i used to love BLT when i was much younger.

SweetShop209

Sam Bissonnette is writing for Bugs Bunny Builders. She previously worked on Blaze And The Monster Machines and Madagascar: A Little Wild and some digital PBS Kids material. She also used to be a teacher.

SweetShop209

Chelsea Holt is working on Bugs Bunny Builders. Some of the projects she worked on include Wabbit/New Looney Tunes, Looney Tunes Cartoons, DC Superhero Girls 2019, and The Casagrandes.

TsWade2

So, Mickey Mouse is not the only one to be preschool friendly, huh?:rolleyes: Well, at least that will be better than Baby Looney Tunes. Blech!

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
So far we have a preschool writer and an artist from previous Looney Tunes projects. Hmm... The best of both worlds, mayhaps?

SweetShop209

As was mentioned in the Tom And Jerry Junior thread, there is more potential for the show to be good, such as the various personalities of the characters being translated for any audience. Another good thing when translating something for a younger audience would be hiring both people who worked in preschool programming, and those who haven't worked in preschool programming. For example, Dreamworks has been going into preschool programming with their DreamWorks Jr shows. A show like Dragons Rescue Riders has some people who worked in preschool programming (like the creators of Bubble Guppies), yet also has many people from the 2012 How To Train Your Dragon cartoon. As such, even if the target audience was much younger, it still had a charm to it that made it enjoyable.

SweetShop209

The LinkedIn profile of Kim Le says that she went from a storyboard artist to a revisionist director for the series. She has a very interesting portfolio, working as a storyboard artist for shows and properties like The Cleveland Show, Bordertown, Be Cool Scooby Doo, The Lion Guard, Muppet Babies 2018, Curious George, Madagascar A Little Wild, and Bless The Harts. It's certainly a varied resume.

Screenshot_20210703-165051.png

SweetShop209

Michelle Eloren is working as a storyboard artist for the show. She previously worked on the PBS Kids show Let's Go Luna. That show is created by Joe Murray, and he still used that classic charm despite shifting to a preschool audience. I'd say she could do well here because of that.

Screenshot_20210827-202853.png

JMTV

Lola's voice does give me that Baby Lola mixed with Babs Bunny when I watch the clip.

With that said, Bugs Bunny Builders does look fine.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I find it odd how the end credits to Dreamhouse Adventures last about 30 seconds, but the end credits to It Takes Two last over a full minute.

The news is making me angry. Stop existing, the news. I'm warning you.

If what is happening constitutes "good news" (and I suppose it does) imagine how enraged the bad news has been making me.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when DuckTales (2017) premiered. I found this reboot to be an entertaining watch and was impressed by how it incorporated aspects of other Disney cartoons (such as Daarkwing Duck). Likewise, I appreciated getting to know Della Duck.
Check Out @Zentron 's Art Stuff on The Drawing Board! Some really cool YouTube stuff starts on the second page!

Nick schedules at last minute changes STILL continues to be out of control because it's too frequent to really keep up with the updates, and this is really annoying.

Featured Posts