Bugs and Daffy were they humanoid animals or not?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
591 6
New York
So Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, were they humanoid animals or just talking animals. It seemed in the classic shorts it does differ, some times the are treated as humans other times they are not.

For example you have cartoons in which Daffy flies south for the winter, while other cartoons he owns a business or space man Duck Dodgers.

Porky on the other hand, I don't remember him ever not be a humanoid pig, in some early cartoons he is hunting animals.

Compare to Disney, Mickey and the gang, they were always humanoid, they had pets of their own, Mickey wasn't scared of cats, Goofy didn't chase cats, etc.

In the Looney Tunes show, Bugs and Daffy are both clearly humanoid, so I guess they have evolved.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,589 67 1
Belgium
I wasn't asking about his rabbit traits. In what short does Bugs Bunny act more like a talking rabbit than a humanoid rabbit? None, I think. Daffy at least had some duck-like adventures at the beginning of his career.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
Ratings
591 6
New York
All I know when you compare Daffy to Donald, Donald would never be in a situation Daffy was in the Rabbit season Duck season cartoons, in that world, some guy tried to shoot Donald with a shot gun, it is the same as trying to shot a human being with a shot gun, be arrested for attempted murder.

Still stand by what I said about Porky, I never seen him be a farm yard pig animal.

ShadowBeast

May 9, 2013
Ratings
1,955 10
Elizabeth,NJ
All I know when you compare Daffy to Donald, Donald would never be in a situation Daffy was in the Rabbit season Duck season cartoons, in that world, some guy tried to shoot Donald with a shot gun, it is the same as trying to shot a human being with a shot gun, be arrested for attempted murder.

Still stand by what I said about Porky, I never seen him be a farm yard pig animal.
Here's proof of Donald surviving being shot multiple times here The scene starts at 3:25.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...
I just had a bizzaro dream that Frank Welker was in my computer lab on campus! o_0