Brand Spankin' New Question #1: What's Your Favorite Nicktoon?

Xfox

I love purple haired girls
Back in the day, Danger Mouse was one of my favorite things to watch and to this day remains one of my favorite shows- if only there were some way to watch it again (Please somebody put it on DVD, I would pay just about anything for it!). Nowadays, Fairly Odd Parents is my favorite- a show so utterly silly and funny, it makes me wish more shows were like it. I used to think Nickelodeon was all crap (completely unfounded), then I caught FOP while channel surfing, and my opinion completely changed.

The Koopinator

It's seems everyone here loves the classics, and.. I agree with them.
Here's the list of my favorites (i.e., the ones I watched).

Rocko's Modern Life- To me it kind of seemed like a really toned down Ren and Stimpy. I mean -really- toned down. Hilarious none the less.

Doug- Great intelligent humor... then Disney got it. ugh...

Angry Beavers- Stump > Plank. 'Nuff said.

Old Rugrats

Ahh! Real Monsters

Ren and Stimpy

Invader Zim

There are more, but my hands are tired.

Red

Hmm
My favorites would be [in no order]

Rugrats, FOP, Hey Arnold!, Zim, Rocko, and Jimmy Neutron,

Kurtman

You blabbing old fart!
My favorites have always been Action League NOW!,Angry Beavers and Fairly OddParents.

shogunthethird

Monk-daddy
in more or less chronological order here's my favorites

Dangermouse, Spartacus and the sun beneath the sea/Mysterious cities of gold (my first anime) Bananaman, Star Trek:TAS, Ren & Stimpy (the original Spumco episodes) Rocko's modern life, Rugrats (pre-movie only) (To a somewhat lesser extent) AAAAH! real monsters, The Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, the Fairly oddparents, and for some god-unkown reason, Danny Phantom and Spongebob squarepants (when I'm reeeeeeeally bored and there's nothing else on)....and thanks for not including the wild thornberries or rocket power on the title banner and double-thanks for putting Gir up there

PaQ

Believe it!
Rocko's Modern Life. Easily my favorite nicktoon. I loved it back when it first started, and I still enjoy it even now. I try to catch it whenever Nicktoons airs an episode. I still find the show funny.. Great show.

After Rocko, I probably like FOP and Invader Zim the most of anything else of Nicktoons.

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
Rocko, of course. It was just plain hilarious.

Most of Nick's old stuff was really good...Rugrats (before Dil showed up), Doug (before Disney took over), Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers...and I do like Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, and Zim a lot (even if FoP and Spongebob are way overrun).

But Rocko still reigns supreme.

Czar Gato

Walkin' on the wild side
Jeff Harris said:
And technically, it is a Nicktoon. Count Duckula made its world premiere on Nickelodeon several months before it premiered in the UK. Count Duckula was also the first original animated series to have the Nickelodeon orange-amoeba logo at the end credits, in the silhouette of the misguided count who'd rather eat vegetables than drink blood. So, while the first official NickToon was Doug, the first cartoon to have first-run episodes premiere on Nickelodeon was Count Duckula.
ooohhhh... See, I wasn't aware of either of those points, although it was a favorite of mine when I was a very young kid. Well, I guess you learn something new every day.

RonDrakenfan17

Luffy fan
Alright I have a huge list so here it goes;

Old Toons:

Rocko's Modern Life {Always made me laugh, great animation, and the characters are enjoyable}

Rugrats before Dill came {Tommy ad the gang were great, than Dill and Kimmi came along and ruined it}

Angry Beavers {Norbert was the best}

Ahhh! Real Monsters

Doug {the animation wasn't good but the humor was unique, and I liked the storylines too}

New Nicktoons:

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius {Sheen Rocks!}

Fop {this show is hilarious}

DP {Good action, the villains are awesome and the humor is great!}

Rugrats All Grown up {so kill me I like this show, my favorite characters as teens, and Kimmi is pretty cool in this show along with Dill}

That's pretty much all; I like a lot of other none nicktoon shows too, so just be lucky this is only asking for Nicktoon favorites lol.

pabcool

drink. more. smoothie.
The best Nicktoon is tough, but I'd narrow it down to Invader ZIM and Hey Arnold!

Invader ZIM is funny because on top of having captivating animation and a plot that sometimes goes beyond episodic, (The Futurama coincidences are eerie) it has dialogue so ridiculously classic it's difficult not to quote and humor that often leaves it's wickedness to the imagination of the viewer. And with characters so Jhonen, the show was destined to be classic.

Hey Arnold, instead, is excellent for borrowing much of what made Peanuts so great. The show has excellent characters and at it's best (The Journal, Helga On The Couch, School Play) unfolds so sweetly it's difficult to not react. Instead of the annoying "attitude" of the Rocket Power kids, the series unfolds with a more down-to-earth approach that's every bit more charming and successful.

After that it would be

2. Rocko's Modern Life
3. Angry Beavers
4. KaBlam!
5. Doug/Rugrats (1991-1997)/Real Monsters

Last edited by a moderator:

magicjac

Re

My favorite Nicktoon is "Pelswick". Next is "Doug" and "Rugrats". Those 3 are my absolute favorites, but I also like "Rocko's Modern Life".

wrenchien

angry beavers.. i guess.. cause it was richard horvitz' first major va role.. yeah, the guy who also voiced zim and billy and maybe chuckles(?) ..

dag was so cool. why don't they bring back beavers instead of age those rugrats!?!?

RD!

Never go see Dr. Acula
Now? Rocko hands down. Rocko, The Angry Beavers and Invader Zim lead off the top (in that order).

As a kid my favorite was Rugrats and The Angry Beavers. I remember really disliking alot of Doug, which looking back I can see I was an idiot for doing so.

Mibbitmaker

potrzebie
My #1 favorite: original John K era "Ren & Stimpy".

I love it in spite of the gross-out humor. When it came on, it was a nice throwback to Tex Avery/Bob Clampett style animation - with a good-sized helping of Hanna-Barbera - and an irreverent sensibility.

My other favorites:

"Rocko's Modern Life" - It is indeed the social satire that sets this one apart. That, and the great character/scenery/object designs.

"Angry Beavers" - Yet another great working-on-2-levels comedy.

"Spongebob Squarepants" - worthy successor to "R&S" with its great surrealistic concept and writing - and way-out animation. Plus, this show is often LOL funny!

Emmanuel Cruz

Man of Music
I'm a big fan of the old NickToons. Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Rugrats (1991-1994)
Doug
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Angry Beavers
Hey Arnold!

Most of the new Nicktoons are IMO atrocious. But I will say that "Jimmy Neutron" does have its moments. But overall, "JN" and the rest of the modern Nicktoons do not appeal to me at all. There are only 2 that I like:

Spongebob Squarepants
Fairly Oddparents

-Emmanuel:bosko:

Caffeine King

what are you running from?
Definetley a tie between Rocko's Modern Life and Invader ZIM.

I can't choose just one because I really love both of those shows. :)

Shiloh Otter

Marion Hawthorne liker
What's my favorite Nicktoon?

Basically, any one that has Cree Summer or Grey DeLisle doing a voice in it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts