Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
Since my message has been deleted and I only knew about this now, I'm going to explain it to you again. It's basically a kids/family channel, that's why. Discovery right now owns the channel so for them it makes sense to shut down Boomerang or merge it. Other option is to completely shut down with no merge at all.

I hope that it was a logical explanation and please don't delete the message.
Lol, I doubt the schedule will even have any changes next month. Mark my words...

Kooplecrap Me

And as expected, the schedule on the 7th is the same. Goodbye Boomerang. I doubt you will even make it this whole year. Once WarnerMedia and Discovery becomes Warner Bros Discovery, hopefully they shut the channel down. It's literally been 4 months since they've even updated the schedule. It's pathetic, really. Just freaking merge the channel with DF and replace it with Cartoonito. I'm pretty sure no one on here likes watching the same T&J and LT shorts everyday. And the Boomerang Theater promo is so flipping outdated. They show nothing but the same DTV T&J and Scooby Doo movies. IMO, I would appreciate them if they'd add Looney Tunes Rabbits Run to the rotation but nope. air the same crapload of the same repetitive movies every night, no one would get sick of that at all.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Just freaking merge the channel with DF and replace it with Cartoonito.
(groans) Oh my freaking----how about actually shut down both of those channels.

Seriously, I'm getting sick tired of people wanted a Cartoonito 24/7 channel since it's still not going to happen anytime soon.

Moe

I’m suggesting y’all to make complaint to WarnerMedia over awful Boomerang schedule, but I won’t hold my breath about WM to consider the complaint and make a change to schedule.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I’m suggesting y’all to make complaint to WarnerMedia over awful Boomerang schedule, but I won’t hold my breath about WM to consider the complaint and make a change to schedule.
Nah, I'm not interested. I haven't watched Boomerang since 2011. So I have no idea what's going on now beside their rebrand.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Nope, there'd be no point. I was here during Boomerang's last re-brand, which turned out to be a big nothing. Like JMTV, I haven't watched Boomerang in quite a while (not since I first discovered that Boom US was airing New Looney Tunes, and even then, it was always the same 10-20 episodes shown in a continuous loop). Warner Media has had literally years to revamp Boomerang's schedule. If WB had any inclination to "fix" Boomerang, it would have happened by now.

wiley207

I'm pretty sure no one on here likes watching the same T&J and LT shorts everyday. And the Boomerang Theater promo is so flipping outdated. They show nothing but the same DTV T&J and Scooby Doo movies. IMO, I would appreciate them if they'd add Looney Tunes Rabbits Run to the rotation but nope. air the same crapload of the same repetitive movies every night, no one would get sick of that at all.
bugs14carrotrabbits.jpg

"Ha ha ha! Upswept Hare! Buccaneer Bunny! 14 Carrot Rabbit! Ha ha ha!"
Yeah, they seem to play that set more times than any of the others on the schedule, it's that bad. And speaking of the movies, I swear it's like they are teasing us by often showing "Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry." but not the similarly-named Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoon from 1949 that introduced the characters! (Since both were made by the same animation studio.)

I'm betting some time this year, Boomerang will just shut down. Or maybe make it into something else, like Warner Bros. Discovery Kids (I doubt it'll become a 24-hour Cartoonito channel anyways.)

Moe

Nah, I'm not interested. I haven't watched Boomerang since 2011. So I have no idea what's going on now beside their rebrand.
Nope, there'd be no point. I was here during Boomerang's last re-brand, which turned out to be a big nothing. Like JMTV, I haven't watched Boomerang in quite a while (not since I first discovered that Boom US was airing New Looney Tunes, and even then, it was always the same 10-20 episodes shown in a continuous loop). Warner Media has had literally years to revamp Boomerang's schedule. If WB had any inclination to "fix" Boomerang, it would have happened by now.
I'm just try to help, even if it don't work.

There is other way - call TV providers like cable, satellite and IPTV and complain about useless Boomerang schedule, so they could review and drop the channel if WM won't fix and it will free up the bandwidth infrastructure to add new channel that is useful to audience.

Most cable companies and some IPTV like YouTube TV don't carry Boomerang and they know that Boomerang is totally useless.

My hope for WM-Discovery merger is going to pay attention on useless channels by rebrand or shut down, or sell to other companies.

Kooplecrap Me

I won't be surprised if they merge the Discovery Family and the Boomerang channel into one tbh.
Me too. Right now, they're airing that T&J Robin Hood movie. Why not air TT Trouble in Tokyo? They literally used some footage of it on the outdated Boomerang Theater promo

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
If WB had any inclination to "fix" Boomerang, it would have happened by now.
Ironically, even when they did “try” to fix Boomerang with the rebrand, it more or less failed. Boomerang has more or less always been on autopilot even back when I watched the channel on a regular basis in the early 2010s. It's almost always been the same shows over and over. Not to mention the same promos and bumpers as well. While I did enjoy watching the channel (more so before the rebrand but I still watched it here and there), Boomerang always had more flaws than pros to me at least.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Ironically, even when they did “try” to fix Boomerang with the rebrand, it more or less failed. Boomerang has more or less always been on autopilot even back when I watched the channel on a regular basis in the early 2010s. It's almost always been the same shows over and over. Not to mention the same promos and bumpers as well. While I did enjoy watching the channel (more so before the rebrand but I still watched it here and there), Boomerang always had more flaws than pros to me at least.
I agree. Hence why I stopped watching the channel since 2011. It is that repetitive.

Moe

I agree. Hence why I stopped watching the channel since 2011. It is that repetitive.
I went back and watched Boomerang in 2014 so I noticed that they run the same LT shorts again and again.

Same with Crime & Investigation channel - they aired same episode again and again for years now.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts