Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Yin

Depressed Housecat
Never!!!!

Actually, just finished :) - I'm not the greatest especially of late in editing (life and circumstances of such) but try to whenever it comes to mind.

-------------------------------------------------------
A lil 'eh' about Grizzy being removed, but schedulers will be schedulers.

Peanuts' airings starting Monday won't be in their proper order, but not extremely random. First off for the 5:00pm portion, they're showing #s 1, 9 & 57. 5:30pm will be 2, 10 & 58. 9 & 10 will again play Friday in the same respective half-hours but not sure what 3rd of said half-hour.

Kind of surprised they'd scale back classic T&J on weekends in favor of T&JT which expands yet again. LT now gets an extra hour and will be the most played show on Boom. At least for T&J's sake, it'll almost look like Boom of old as it'll only have the 9am hour weekends while still having a couple 2 hour blocks per weekday. T&JT will now play 30x during the weekdays and 16-18x during the weekend (sometimes maybe 17.3 or whatever based on Theater overlap) for a total of 46-48x per week. Same 26, of course :p

Sonic Boom doesn't appear to be proper either. Via zap2it and backdoor, the 1st season episodes will play first each half hour with a later episode in the :15 and :45 portions.

There's a chance we do see Grizzy back on TV eventually. No, I don't believe we'll see its second season there, but its bound to be used as a replacement for anything else.

With what's left on the schedule, I see T&JT or SD!MI being next to go which could make for a potential Grizzy return. Plus there's always the chance they remove MK&M for it later on. Hard to say.

Lastly, next weekend will be the first time Boomerang Theater doesn't show anything Scooby-Doo in 53 weeks. March 3rd-4th were two Tom & Jerry movies which previously mentioned is still to date the last any of them played on Boom. I don't know as far back as the last time something not from either of those franchises played, but it's been a good long while. Probably back to early 2015 before MLK Day and from 2014.

They played fosters a few weeks back

ssh sentfrom@tapatalk.com

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
There's a chance we do see Grizzy back on TV eventually. No, I don't believe we'll see its second season there
The second season was already announced for the international Boomerang feeds. I am sure USA is also counted, or else why did they bother to put it on Boomerang USA in the first place? :p

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Here’s this week’s schedule:
tumblr_p52xbvQv6h1w60vv7o1_1280.png

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The second season was already announced for the international Boomerang feeds. I am sure USA is also counted, or else why did they bother to put it on Boomerang USA in the first place? :p
It's a non-verbal series. This kind of content is normally consumed over the internet nowadays.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Well, not all full Grizzy and The Lemmings episodes are available on Youtube and other similar sites.

Just search the show and you will see how little episodes-related content they have. :p There's mostly just small clips and that's all

jaylop97

Staff member
It's impressive the shows that air don't air that much by a landslide, though for the most part it is the same thing over and over for beyond 7 days, unless of course they are the shows that air 10-5:30pm as those at least see a switch on weekends.

Toons Fan

Hey, look! Boomerang stealth premieres of Bunnicula, New Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry Show and Be, Cool Scooby-Doo! are back starting tomorrow night!

325d6b2aded74ead27ab532b0006138f.jpg
6cf5bb10c37d6910cb5b92917414faa1.jpg

2bf5623eaa8f25e143ef46ea40c43563.jpg
6449ee0e64a3ce5efd7b7f9367b43203.jpg
3222167255475ee7c8fb3c2e028b8daa.jpg
b8f034862e8ba54e3196220159c54d5c.jpg

Edit: For Tuesday, March 13th night:

87193c72bae87106899daa8fd9a66a4a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
Sigh, it looks like they will still be doing stealth premieres, too bad they are only airing those episodes that way.

Micahel Cataldo

Is there a chance Boomerang might air Regular Show episodes starring Mr. Maellard in honor of David Odgen Stiers?

Flats

I never got why people considered the toys "old" when they were supposed to feel old...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jaylop97

Staff member
I never got why people considered the toys "old" when they were supposed to feel old...

They would say that because not all shows had toys, in 2014 most HB shows were gone and Chowder, The Garfield Show, and several other shows made up most of the schedule. I think the toys could have worked but most got tired to see the same thing over and over again rather than the age itself of the toys.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Besides, there were also shows that didn't have any custom bumpers by then. This is because work on the bumpers might have been stopped in the first few years of the channel.

Flats

They would say that because not all shows had toys, in 2014 most HB shows were gone and Chowder, The Garfield Show, and several other shows made up most of the schedule. I think the toys could have worked but most got tired to see the same thing over and over again rather than the age itself of the toys.
Ah I see, I thought they meant that the toys were too old for the channel.

jaylop97

Staff member
At least now Boomerang does have custom bumpers for other shows, though at the same time the same issue of main bumpers and in use commercials are again getting old.

Dumb_Woof

Real sad to see Grizzy kicked off the air, especially since full episodes are incredibly hard to come by online. A Season 2 is in the works and its probably a cheap show to have air new episodes so hopefully it makes a return. In other news the stealth airings of Bunnicula are killing me inside because I keep missing them. As soon as Grizzy makes it to the app I think I'll have to look into getting a subscription gah.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts