Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The backdoor schedule is glitching again, so I had to get my info from a different source. According to this, Pokémon and the Garfield Show are returning to the schedule.
http://tv.twcc.com/listings/boomerang
That's just blank placeholder. I don't know about The Garfield Show, but at this point, I think Turner's rights to Pokémon have expired.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
That's just blank placeholder. I don't know about The Garfield Show

It's a mystery to me. I'd like to say they still have it and probably do - and since they have aired every episode produced now, would think it wouldn't matter whether or not it gets removed for something like the app. Could be a simple break for how long it's aired and hope that's all it is. I'd like to see it back on Boom TV at some point.

I casually liked Sylvester & Tweety and was "eh" toward T&JT, they both - especially the latter - have a low episode count so airing 2 hours everyday gets the series done quick. Especially for the latter that every episode is played in a week with whatever the first hour is Monday basically repeating the last hour Sunday. In S&TM's case it's about every two weeks by how the schedule looks now. They could squeeze Garfield in there somewhere if they wanted it in the afternoon again and bring back Peanuts as well. No clue if there's more of those on the way or not, but at least they're still showing a short between shows at random times.

MTGM

No, those are only placeholders for when the actual schedule changes occur, as you may or may not know, Pokemon is now on Disney XD.
That's just blank placeholder. I don't know about The Garfield Show, but at this point, I think Turner's rights to Pokémon have expired.
I was confused seeing it on here, too. I wonder how it will actually play out, though.

Sparkster24

Well, we finally got the new schedule.. and there are some good and bad in this schedule. The good is that they are bringing back some new cartoons and Grizzly and the Lemmings might officially premiere this time! The bad however, is some old is being chopped down with less variety. Here's our weekday schedule as of April 3rd, 2017!

3:00am Looney Tunes
5:00am Tom & Jerry
7:00am Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated x2
8:00am Shaun the Sheep
8:30am Peanuts
9:00am Tom & Jerry Tales x2
10:00am Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries x2
11:00am Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated x2
12:00pm The Powerpuff Girls (2016) x2
1:00pm Looney Tunes
3:00pm Tom & Jerry
5:00pm My Knight and Me
5:30pm Grizzly and the Lemmings
6:00pm Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated x2
7:00pm Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries x2
8:00pm Tom & Jerry Tales x2
9:00pm The Powerpuff Girls (2016) x2
10:00pm Looney Tunes
12:00am Tom & Jerry
2:00am Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated x2

So overall, alot of classic CN originals (Dexter's Lab, Chowder, Billy and Mandy, and Courage), TTG & Gumball, and some Warner Bros./HB shows are dropped (Two Scooby-Doo shows) in this case. The weekends are still unknown at this moment. So we can't say for sure why it's been shrinking a bit other than the paid-subscription service down the line).

Just to count, there are six hours of LT and T&J shorts, eight SD:MI episodes, four episodes from T&JT, S&TM, and the PPG reboot, plus four new cartoons with just one episode each day.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
That's unfortunate, I did really enjoy seeing those CN shows again at those hours and these shows aren't that great to fill in those slots, but at least no TTG unless if the Weekend says otherwise.

Sparkster24

That's unfortunate, I did really enjoy seeing those CN shows again at those hours and these shows aren't that great to fill in those slots, but at least no TTG unless if the Weekend says otherwise.
The weekends lately have usually stayed consistent with it's weekday line-up (with a few exceptions). But it's basically who knows.. on the plus side, at least they've finally managed to bring back a few "new" ones in the mix (even if it does get overshadowed unfortunately).

imanidrayton

Awwwww, it's ashame Grim Adventures is gone from the schedule again, I wish they would add more CN originals. I mean what other show hasn't yet to be added to schedule, I mean some forgotten shows from the early/mid 2000's.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Michael Hernandez

The weekends are still unknown at this moment. So we can't say for sure why it's been shrinking a bit other than the paid-subscription service down the line).

Here's the weekend schedules:

6am-10am - Remains the same
10am - Movie
12pm-4pm - Remains the same
4pm - Movie
6pm - Sonic Boom (2x)
7pm - The Powerpuff Girls (2016) (2x)
8pm - Tom and Jerry
9pm-6am - Remains the same

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, at least the older Cartoon Network shows will still air on weekends. Also nice that they seem to be dropping Teen Titans Go. It seems Gumball will still air on weekends, but it totals to just a couple hours a week, so I don't really see it as that big a deal. And let's see if My Knight and Me and Grizzly and the Lemmings will actually air this time.

Well, I'm glad to see Teen Titans Go! and Gumball gone, this really isn't any improvement in some sort. Only Nine shows airing on Weekdays and Seven on Weekends. It's like one step forward, two steps back.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
But I thought Nick and More said that Gumball as gone from the schedule completely, and "same as weekends", he meant the 9 pm-6 am schedule from April 3rd, not previously.
Looking at the Nick and More post, it seems Michael did mean the same as the new weekday schedule. Guess Gumball and the older Cartoon Network shows are gone too then.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Wowy wow wow, that's a lot of LT & T&J and a lil bit of a SD!MI overkill. Wouldn't honestly have minded WNSD continuing.

Okay, let me make one thing randomly clear - NO, I don't believe TTG! or Gumball deserved to be on the schedule in the first place, however, I find out more exciting we have 1 less hour of the newer PPG.

I have no idea if I want to edit this thread's very first post yet... if anything, they're not letting down on the continued monthly changes. At least Peanuts as a series is back, and Shaun even if S2 will be at 11am.

Really hope it's legit, been ready for some Grizzy.

They'd just recently done new voice work toward the end of the original SD! promo to say weekdays at 10:00am, and already the original is done at that time as of today. It still has the 5am hour the next 3 mornings.

Another thing too recently is the Theater update to say weekends at 4.

I at least wish they added additional Sonic Boom somewhere even if just weekends while premiers continue. Perhaps one of the next few updates ... and speaking of, looking as of April 8th, S2 will be the only one played. At 6:30 EST that day they show the S2 premier listed and then 3 & 5 (with 4 & 6 likely) the next day. They tend to only show one of the episodes per half-hour, but it lines up that the first 6 of the season replay that weekend.

EDIT: As of Monday the 10th, z2it shows Grizzy to additionally play at 9:30am, 1pm and 5:30pm. Up to the day we can get show that so it's not a one-a-day thing. Wonder if it's a full half-hour or one segment.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts