Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

harry580

so where johnny test now, just asking did cartoon network still has the rights or those rights went back to wildbrain

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
WildBrain owns Johnny Test. Warner Bros. basically washed their hands clean of the franchise after the first two seasons.

Reactions: RDG

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
WildBrain owns Johnny Test. Warner Bros. basically washed their hands clean of the franchise after the first two seasons.
Actually it was after Season 1 that Cookie Jar took total control of Johnny Test. Even though Waner Bros. Animation's logo appears in Season 2, WB had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: RDG

ToonsJazzLover

After 15 months, it feels so nice seeing classic Cartoon Network shows on Boomerang again. With the channel's original programming on their last legs, I hope they go back to being a retro channel.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.01.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.01.45 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.31.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.31.03 PM.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.03.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.03.29 AM.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.32.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.32.05 AM.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 47
After 15 months, it feels so nice seeing classic Cartoon Network shows on Boomerang again. With the channel's original programming on their last legs, I hope they go back to being a retro channel.

I don't know about that. While yes, I do agree with you, I also feel that WarnerMedia is just going to want people to watch old CN shows on HBO Max, rather than them just getting Boomerang. Bit hey, if NickRewind had taught us anything, it's that there's still a market for classic cartoons on TV. Though now, of course, being more "contemporary" classics.

Last edited:

wiley207

Does Boomerang still include "Fast and Furry-ous" as part of their rotation of Looney Tunes cartoon shorts? I haven't been finding it here...

Instead, Boomerang seems to prefer airing "The Fast and the Furry," the 2005 Tom and Jerry direct-to-video movie of nearly the same name by the very same studio.

Dillon Arias

l’m actually glad that CN Classics are finally back, tho I wish that they were back to back shows and also wished Billy & Mandy came back too but given this is the first month that CN Classics are finally back it will likely be back in the coming months.

Looney Turtles

Does Boomerang still include "Fast and Furry-ous" as part of their rotation of Looney Tunes cartoon shorts? I haven't been finding it here...

Instead, Boomerang seems to prefer airing "The Fast and the Furry," the 2005 Tom and Jerry direct-to-video movie of nearly the same name by the very same studio.

I don't think it does, actually. They've actually seemed to remove some shorts from their already limited rotation within the past year or so. They still do show a few other Road Runner shorts, like "Zipping Along" and "Guided Muscle".

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I haven't seen this movie in years, so I don't know if it's good or not. Still, Jeff Bennett voicing Kangaroo Jack is pretty hilarious.

brodie999 wrote on 5YearsOnEastCoast's profile.
Hey, have you written about my article yet? Could you please send me the link?
I have noticed that Toonzone changed the layout.
Power Rangers Reboot! An entirely new universe of shows and movies!