Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

jaylop97

Staff member
It's a good thing Tom and Jerry Tales doesn't air as much as it once did, while it still isn't any better to see that many times it repeats the same season, at least it doesn't have more reruns than that.

Micahel Cataldo

They fast paced the first few episodes of The Jetsons and The Flintstones back in 2012. Back in the 90s they didn't fast paced the episodes.

Dynamite Soldier

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
For some reason, a show titled Dempsey and Makepeace is listed on Boomerang's schedule for October 21st and 27th.

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=34916&channel=424&aid=azdlystar74x

Watch Boomerang - See What's On Boomerang | DIRECTV

This is likely an error though. Why would Turner go out of its way to acquire such an obscure live-action British crime drama to air on a kids' animation network?
That must be an error, I looked it up on Wikipedia and it says the runtime is 50 minutes, and Zap2it is saying it's running for 30 minutes...

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Don't believe it to have been mentioned here, and only for myself finding out minutes ago is new Grizzys still continuing Sundays at 8 with 3 new ones for the half our, with following week encores. Didn't know this and remembering it being on tonight, enjoying last week's (6) new titles. The latter half hour tomorrow will be a repeat of S2's first three. (Camping Can Be Wild, Ice & Bears, Carried Away Bear)

Toons Fan

Don't believe it to have been mentioned here, and only for myself finding out minutes ago is new Grizzys still continuing Sundays at 8 with 3 new ones for the half our, with following week encores. Didn't know this and remembering it being on tonight, enjoying last week's (6) new titles. The latter half hour tomorrow will be a repeat of S2's first three. (Camping Can Be Wild, Ice & Bears, Carried Away Bear)

There's also no new episodes next weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toons Fan

‪Regular Zap2it now has Boomerang's schedule for next week and November and it doesn't look like there are any schedule changes.‬

Toons Fan

‪Boomerang's not doing anything special for Halloween this year. It's just the same the regular schedule with no Halloween specials being played.‬

Toons Fan

I was wrong about there being no schedule changes in November. Grizzy and the Lemmings will be gone from the schedule once again to be replaced by Tom & Jerry Tales airing on the weekends in the 8PM hour. Adventure Time will now be in the 9PM hour with Ben 10 now in the 10PM hour.

LisaLoudFan30

‪Boomerang's not doing anything special for Halloween this year. It's just the same the regular schedule with no Halloween specials being played.‬

It will be the same as last year of December 2017, for not airing Christmas specials on Boomerang, Well It did plays some Halloween Specials back in October 2017.

LisaLoudFan30

I was wrong about there being no schedule changes in November. Grizzy and the Lemmings will be gone from the schedule once again to be replaced by Tom & Jerry Tales airing on the weekends in the 8PM hour. Adventure Time will now be in the 9PM hour with Ben 10 now in the 10PM hour.

I sure Boomerang will lose the rights to Grizzy and the Lemmings from the lineup.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper

So Grizzy goes yet again. I feel it'll be back. Not all of Season 2 has played yet. I do wish they had some consistency for it as of late though instead of on and off.

Interesting though too of the AT/B10 swap. Guess they like their Ben 10 at Ben 10PM.

I sure Boomerang will lose the rights to Grizzy and the Lemmings from the lineup.

First off, belated welcome to the forums! -- To pass along a tip, combine replies of posts to one post, mods appreciate that ;)

As for Grizzy, I can't tell for myself what's going on in the decision made to do what they've been doing. It comes and goes randomly. Boomerang is mentioned as one of the companies it's produced for in the opening credits, but not sure if that means due to that, it's perpetual property meaning they can play it whenever they want to.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts