Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Sneer

Hi there! Greetings from poland where We have european version of Boomerang channel. In this topic I'll be write about Boomerang Europe (shows, news, scheldules).
Where is Boomerang Europe avalible?
In Belgium, Bosnia and [FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Herzegovina[/FONT], Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, The Middle East, The Nederlands and Russia.
Boomerang Europe has 4 audio tracks - Polish (100% in polish), Hungarian (Only selected shows in HU), Arabic (only selected shows in arabic) and english of course! Boomerang Euro is avalible in Nederalnds and Greece with subtitles.
Current programming: Dastardly and Muttley, Droopy masterdetective, Flintstones, Hong Kong Phooey, Jetsons, Johnny Bravo, Top Cat, Dexter's Laboratory, Mike, Lu and Og, Wacky Races, Sheep in the Big City, Popeye, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, King Arthur's Disasters, Scooby Doo Show, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, Scooby and Scrappy Doo, Time Squad, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Tex Avery Show , Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes.

Former programming: 13 Ghost of Scooby Doo, Atom Ant, High Inch Private Eye, Dangermouse, Droopy and Dripple, Count Duckula,Two Stupids Dogs, Flintstone Kids, Flintstones Frolics, Dumb and Dumber, Magilla Gorilla, Heatchliff and Marmaduke, Jabber Jaw, Captain Caveman and Teen Angels, Lippy the Lion, The Mask, The New Yogi Bear Show, New Scooby Doo Mysteries, The All New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show, New Scooby Doo Movies, Pixie and Dixie, Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, The Addams Family, Snaglepuss,Tom and Jerry Kids, The Raccoons, Yogi's Treasu Hunt.
Every saturday we have also Boomerang Cinema.
Schedules, news: http://europe.turnerinfo.com/BOOM/PAN/schedule/index.jsp
Videos from Boomerang: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ziomekrol&view=videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/tellywebproductions

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Donut

Hi there! Greetings from poland where We have european version of Boomerang channel. In this topic I'll be write about Boomerang Europe (shows, news, scheldules).
Where is Boomerang Europe avalible?
In Belgium, Bosnia and [FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]Herzegovina[/FONT], Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, The Middle East, The Nederlands and Russia.
Boomerang Europe has 4 audio tracks - Polish (100% in polish), Hungarian (Only selected shows in HU), Arabic (only selected shows in arabic) and english of course!
English is always the standard!

Current programming: Dastardly and Muttley, Droopy masterdetective, Droopy and Dripple, Dangermouse (ends 7 september), Flintstones, Hong Kong Phooey,
At least they play the classics.

Count Duckula,
A show that hasn't seen the light of day on TV in years, but we got it on DVD anyway.

Jetsons, Johnny Bravo, Top Cat, Dexter's Laboratory, Mike, Lu and Og, Wacky Races, Sheep in the Big City, Huckleberry Hound (ends 7 september), Popeye, Perils of Penelope Pitstop, King Arthur's Disasters, Scooby Doo Show, Scooby Doo, Where Are You?, Scooby and Scrappy Doo (returns 12 september), Time Squad, A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry Kids, The Raccoons, Tex Avery Show (returns 30 august), Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes.
Your basic cartoon requirments!

Former programming: 13 Ghost of Scooby Doo,
A show I want to believe doesn't exist!

Atom Ant, High Inch Private Eye, Two Stupids Dogs, Flintstone Kids, Flintstones Frolics, Dumb and Dumber, Magilla Gorilla, Heatchliff and Marmaduke, Jabber Jaw, Captain Caveman and Teen Angels, Lippy the Lion, The Mask, The New Yogi Bear Show, New Scooby Doo Mysteries, The All New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show, New Scooby Doo Movies, Pixie and Dixie, Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch, Quick Draw McGraw, The Addams Family, Snaglepuss, Yogi's Treasu Hunt.
stuff I could hard stand to watch most of the time!

Every saturday we have also Boomerang Cinema.
At least they do movies.

I know the European Boomerang has some pretty nifty promos our American Boomerang just don't have (let alone using the same promo/ID bumpers from a decade ago).

FoxKids4Ever

In my opinion our Boomerang channel (this one) is really great because it shows the real classics like Looneytunes, Tom & Jerry and the rest that you just listed. The only downside is that they rerun the same episodes so many times during the day it gets really annoying. I'm also quite glad that after showing the Dangermouse episodes for so many years it's finally getting a rest for at least a few months. Can't wait till they show Captain Caveman again, if they will ever... They do air that annoying commercial with him in it, so I guess they will show it again sooner or later. Apparently they also show Boomerang Cinema on sundays now.

Mister Donut

In my opinion our Boomerang channel (this one) is really great because it shows the real classics like Looneytunes, Tom & Jerry and the rest that you just listed. The only downside is that they rerun the same episodes so many times during the day it gets really annoying. I'm also quite glad that after showing the Dangermouse episodes for so many years it's finally getting a rest for at least a few months. Can't wait till they show Captain Caveman again, if they will ever... They do air that annoying commercial with him in it, so I guess they will show it again sooner or later. Apparently they also show Boomerang Cinema on sundays now.
Our Boomerang tends to be on a continuous loop that lasts about 8 hours or so, so the same shows would be seen twice or thrice a day. It's all automated these days.

Eric B

What "Looney Tunes" do these foreign Boomerangs play? Only pre-48, or the whole series?

josie

Here's the current schedule, it's been like this for several months now.
New in March is that Duck Dodgers will be shown on weekdays too.

WEEKDAYS:

06.00. Looney Tunes
06.25. Tom & Jerry
06.55. Popeye Classics (1960's episodes)
07.20. Duck Dodgers (new in March, before Penelope Pitstop was in this slot)
07.45. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
08.10. Dexter's Lab
08.35. Johnny Bravo
09.00. Dastardly & Muttley
09.30. The Flintstones
10.00. The Jetsons
10.25. Looney Tunes
10.50. King Arthur's Disasters
11.15. Top Cat
11.40. Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo
12.05. Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch
12.30. Mike, Lu & Og
12.55. Time Squad
13.20. Sheep In The Big City
13.45. The Scooby Doo Show
14.10. Hong Kong Phooey
14.35. Popeye Classics (1960's episodes)
15.00. Tom & Jerry
15.20. Top Cat
15.45. Wacky Races
16.00. Dastardly & Muttley
16.30. The Scooby Doo Show
17.00. Johnny Bravo
17.30. Dexter's Lab
18.00. Popeye (30's, 40's, 50's episodes)
18.20. The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop
18.45. King Arthur's Disasters
19.10. The Jetsons
19.35. The Flintstones
20.00. Looney Tunes
20.25. Tom & Jerry
20.50. The Scooby Doo
21.15. Hong Kong Phooey
21.40. Top Cat (new this month, replacing Tex Avery, terrible change cause now Tex Avery classics will air only on weekends)
22.00. Duck Dodgers
22.25. Wacky Races
22.50. Dexter's Lab
23.15. Johnny Bravo
23.40. Dastardly & Muttley
00.05. King Arthur's Disasters
00.30. Popeye (30's, 40's, 50's episodes)
00.55. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
01.20. Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch
01.45. Mike, Lu & Og
02.10. Time Squad
02.35. Sheep In The Big City
03.00. The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop
03.25. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
03.50. Johnny Bravo
04.15. Dexter's Lab
04.40. Popeye
05.05. The Jetsons
05.30. The Flintstones

WEEKENDS:

06.00. Droopy Master Detective
06.25. Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo
06.55. Looney Tunes
07.20. Tom & Jerry
07.45. Duck Dodgers
08.10. Dexter's Lab
08.25. Johnny Bravo
09.00. The Garfield Show
09.30. Johnny Bravo Hour
10.25. Looney Tunes
10.50. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
11.15. Top Cat
11.40. The Flintstones
12.05. The Jetsons
12.30. Mike, Lu & Og
12.55. Tex Avery
13.20. King Arthur's Disasters
13.45. The Scooby Doo Show
14.10. Hong Kong Phooey
14.35. Popeye Classics (1960's episodes)
15.00. Johnny Bravo
15.20. Dexter's Lab
15.45. Tom & Jerry
16.00. Top Cat
16.30. Wacky Races
17.00. Dastardly & Muttley
17.30. The Scooby Doo Show
18.00. Boomerang Cinema (Saturday); Popeye (Sunday
18.20. The Perils Of Penelope Pitstop (Sunday)
18.45. King Arthur's Disasters (Sunday)
19.10. The Jetsons (Sunday)
19.35. The Garfield Show
20.00. Looney Tunes
20.25. Tom & Jerry
20.50. The Scooby Doo
21.15. Hong Kong Phooey
21.40. Top Cat
22.00. Duck Dodgers
22.25. Wacky Races
22.50. Dexter's Lab
23.15. Johnny Bravo
23.40. Dastardly & Muttley
00.05. King Arthur's Disasters
00.30. Popeye (30's, 40's, 50's episodes)
00.55. Scooby Doo, Where Are You?
01.20. Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch
01.45. Mike, Lu & Og
02.10. Time Squad
02.35. Sheep In The Big City
03.00. Tex Avery
03.25. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
03.50. Johnny Bravo
04.15. Dexter's Lab
04.40. Popeye
05.05. The Jetsons
05.30. The Flintstones

josie

July & August summer schedule is all about the block called ROBO VISION, a cheesy Robot that announces cartoons and all of them have 1 hour block. It runs from 07.00 till 15.00 CET and inculdes: Top Cat, The Flintstones, Garfield, Duck Dodgers, Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo & Yogi Bear (80's episodes). The wierd thing is that they don't have a fixed schedule and every day every cartoon moves ahead for one hour and they rotate like that each day which makes it hard to know what's on when.

Here's a collection of Robo Vision bumpers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPoe9UxVB2A

06.00. Tom and Jerry
06.25. Looney Tunes
06.55. Popeye
07.00. ROBO VISION
15.00. Tom & Jerry
15.20. Top Cat
15.45. Wacky Races
16.00. Dastardly & Muttley
16.30. The Scooby Doo Show
17.00. Johnny Bravo
17.30. Dexter's Lab
18.00. Looney Tunes
18.20. Duck Dodgers
18.45. The Garfield Show
19.10. The Flintstones
19.35. The Jetsons
20.00. Looney Tunes
20.25. Tom & Jerry
20.50. The Scooby Doo
21.15. Hong Kong Phooey
21.40. Top Cat
22.00. The Garfield Show
22.25. The Scooby Doo Show
22.50. Wacky Races
23.15. Dastardly & Muttley
23.40. Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch
00.05. Popeye
00.30. The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
00.55. Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo
01.20. Looney Tunes
01.45. The Flintstones
02.10. The Jetsons
02.35. Top Cat
03.00. Tom & Jerry
03.25. Popeye
03.50. Scooby Doo Where Are You?
04.15. Tom & Jerry Kids
04.40. A Pup Named Scooby Doo
05.05. Yogi's Treasure Hunt
05.30. Droopy & Dripple

fhfan

Felicity★Happiness★
Shows in January ?

Does anyone know the schedule changes For January or new upcoming shows. BTW does Boomerang in Poland have a Christmas Schedule for December 25th. Also, I saw a promo online and it was called LooneyNoons , and on the promo it said COMING SOON, and it showed I think the whole series of LT is gonna air on Boomerang soon :)

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I saw a promo online and it was called LooneyNoons , and on the promo it said COMING SOON, and it showed I think the whole series of LT is gonna air on Boomerang soon :)

Could you provide a link to this promo? I only ask because a Google search on "Looney Noons" only turned up a couple of Twitter pages. Also, did this promo specifically state that Looney Tunes would be returning to Boomerang?

chdr

Could you provide a link to this promo? I only ask because a Google search on "Looney Noons" only turned up a couple of Twitter pages. Also, did this promo specifically state that Looney Tunes would be returning to Boomerang?
He's talking about Boomerang in Poland, not the US.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Does anyone know the schedule changes For January or new upcoming shows. BTW does Boomerang in Poland have a Christmas Schedule for December 25th. Also, I saw a promo online and it was called LooneyNoons , and on the promo it said COMING SOON, and it showed I think the whole series of LT is gonna air on Boomerang soon :)

The schedule for January probably won't be revealed until at least the middle of December. If there are any new shows or programming blocks they'll advertise them around 2 weeks in advance and I'm sure "someone" will upload the promos on Youtube. ;)

Nope, no special schedule for Christmas (at least since 2008; I didn't get Boomerang Europe before then so I don't know if this was always the case). They do marathons of cartoons every weekend all month long but nothing in particular for Christmas. This year we'll have a block called "Scooby Sandwich", every Saturday and Sunday between 11:30-21:00 CET (starting December 11). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjc_TjVVYwc

"Looneynoons" will be daily 3 hours long marathons of Looney Tunes, between 13:00-16:00CET (starting December 6). I hope they start airing the post-48 Looney Tunes in these marathons (yes, I know they have clips of them in that promo, but they had shown clips before without them actually airing any of the "new" Looney Tunes shorts).

Last edited by a moderator:

josie

No Smurfs haven't aired here and I doubt they ever will, just like a dozen of other HB classics.:(

Those bumpers were shown until recently, a month or so ago, I don't see them anymore, just the Boomerang letters swirling around.

It's really terrible that for another year there won't be any Christmas schedule, all the great HB specials they could show....

Really hope Looney Noons will show the post 1948 stuff but I doubt it. They have clips from those episodes in other promos/commercials even though they were never shown.

fhfan

Felicity★Happiness★
On Turner Info (European Website)

People should go to contacts and e-mail and tell what you want in Boomerang Poland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.
Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.

Featured Posts