Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cézar_Delacierra

The schedule of the last 2 of Boomerang

I will miss this channel , in the last few months I have watched more than the CN

FFUDIqzXEAMO92B~2.jpeg

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for December 2021

- As @CNFan89x stated previously, brand new show Moley joins the schedule on 13rd December, a sequel series to the film Master Moley By Royal Invitation. It will air at 15.00 CET and rerun the day after at 09.00 CET. The film will also have a one-off airing on 13th December at 09.00 CET for the show's premiere. The show will air as part of Boomerang Playground (like we couldn't expect that duh). 13 new episodes will air for this first batch, with double episodes premieres per day, all in just one week until 19th December. Soon, they will sure kill off all these new shows and premieres with this pathetic burn-off in just one or two weeks. Not many people can track when a new episode will air that easily in this way.
- Two new Christmas episodes / specials will premiere this month:
  • the Looney Tunes Cartoons holiday episode "Bugs Bunny's 24-Carrot Holiday Special" will air on 3rd December at 13.00 CET. It will also rerun on the same day at 20.00 CET, plus on 8th December at 13.25 and 20.25 CET, 23rd December at 20.00 CET and on 26th December ("the Second X-mas day") at 20.25 CET.
  • Just like on CN CEE, Boomerang will also have the channel premiere of the direct-to-video film Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers, airing here first on 5th December at 10.00 CET (on CN CEE it will be aired one week and two days later). There will also be reruns on 12th December at 13.25 CET and on 23rd December at 11.00 CET. Both the premiere and the reruns will be aired as part of the Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry block.
- Continuing: Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (ongoing) and Boomerang Playground (ongoing)

Now, for the schedule. I did say on the CN International thread that the schedule of November has been messed up, in the sense that some last-minute changes which we didn't need have occured, like the premiere of the film TT vs TTG on CN CEE being ultimately postponed. I was actually informed by persons, which I want them to remain as anonymous here, about these changes, I knew what they changed for the most part but at the same time, I was never been sent the updated schedule files due to unknown weird reasons. So I couldn't just write the news about the schedule unless I was sure about all the changes that were made in the last minutes on CN CEE, be them major or minor. I only knew about CN being changed on the schedule, but not for Boomerang, so I remained with the impression that the schedule there remianed unchanged and was the same one from the initial line-up Excel file that I received, which is why I could write about it. Plus I barely watch Boomerang CEE nowadays aside from when they air new episodes of the sjow I care about, so it's not like I also kept track of the schedule live. Yeah, call it a stupid problem, but it seems the intern which usually sendsthese schedules was either stubborn or just wasn't informed about the updated schedules. Anyways.

Now that I received the schedule of Boomerang for December, hoping that no more last-minute changes occured after I was being sent the file, I did see indeed that the schedule is now different, which is also the schedule that @CNFan89x most likely has. It doesn't matter at this point if this new line-up occured at the beginning of November or just at the final weeks of it, but I can tell that there is nothing special. It's the same shows scattered but now some of them placed at different timeslots on the daytime than usual, while the night schedule still remains the same newer one from October.

Things worth noting are that the Boomerang Playground blocks have both been reduced to two hours each instead of four, the first one in the morning airing from 08.00 till 10.00 CET while the second one is moved in the afternoon from 14.00 till 16.00 CET. Besides, the airing order of the shows will not be exactly the same one for the both blocks anymore. Taffy now has gotten permanent airings in the daytime schedule at 19.00 CET, while he will keep its night airings. Gone from the schedule, officially, are Kingdom Force and Mighty Mike, while Mush-Mush and the Mushables will remain airing overnights from 13th December oustide of the Playground, once Moley takes over the former's both slots. (the shows grow up so fast huh....) Scooby-Doo and Guess Who and New Looney Tunes don't count, as those who watch the channel should have already become familiar with the fact that they are gonna keep rotating NLT with LTC and BCSD with S-DaGW for who knows how long. Plus they will do the same, for sure, with The Tom and Jerry Show and Tom and Jerry in New York soon (though they can always have both incarnations of all the three main franchises in the schedule as they have enough room, but they must always follow their hard-to-understand rules). Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry will expand into weekdays from 20th December onwards, airing on the same timeslots of 10.00-14.00 CET, just in time for the holidays getting closer. But yeah, all in all this new schedule has zero special surprises, maybe except for Taffy now airing in the daytime permanently, but at least it's good to have a refresh from the same program that went on for some months with certain shows only seen at a definitive hour for each of them. Some shows are now seen at another time, so we can experiment some fresh air. The same schedule going for months with only minor tweaks applied monthly can become unsufferable for some people.

So, the "new" schedule as I present it to you below.

(All times CET; changes are bolded; slots in jungle green are part of Boomerang Playground)

06.00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
07.00 Tom and Jerry in New York / The Tom and Jerry Show (from 21/12)
07.30 The Tom and Jerry Show / Tom and Jerry in New York (from 21/12)
07.50 Lamput (one short)
08.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
08.30 Pat the Dog
09.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushables / NEW Moley (from 14/12)
09.30 Baby Looney Tunes

10.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series (01/12-17/12) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 20/12 also on weekdays)
10.50 Lamput (one short) (01/12-17/12) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 20/12 also on weekdays)
11.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (01/12-17/12) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 20/12 also on weekdays)
12.00 Ben 10 (reboot) (01/12-17/12) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 20/12 also on weekdays)
13.00 Looney Tunes Cartoons (01/12-17/12) / Wintertime with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry (weekends; from 20/12 also on weekdays)
14.00 Baby Looney Tunes
14.30 Pat the Dog
15.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushables / NEW Moley (from 13/12)
15.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings

16.00 Tom and Jerry in New York / The Tom and Jerry Show (from 20/12)
16.30 The Tom and Jerry Show / Tom and Jerry in New York (from 20/12)
17.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
17.50 Lamput (one short)
18.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
19.00 Taffy
20.00 Looney Tunes Cartoons

21.00 Mr Magoo (2019)
21.50 Lamput (one short)
22.00 Taffy
23.00 Alice and Lewis
23.50 Lamput (one short)
00.00 Pat the Dog
01.00 Mush-Mush and The Mushtables
01.50 Lamput (one short; on 04/12)
02.00 Power Players
02.50 Lamput (one short)
03.00 Taffy
04.00 Alice and Lewis
05.00 Pat the Dog
05.50 Lamput (one short)

I like how Looney Tunes Cartoons and Tom and Jerry in New York are both airing one after another in the early mornings, well temporarily at least, but still. If only Jellystone could also come in instead of going to CN channels in Europe.... it would be just great.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Boomerang CEE December 2021 Premieres Info

Looney Tunes Cartoons

03/12 - 13.00 CET - S1E11 (S1E21) - "Bugs Bunny's 24-Carrot Holiday Special"

Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers
05/12 - 10.00 CET

Moley
13/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E01 + S1E02 - "Magic Rectangle" / "Guacamoley" (SERIES PREMIERE)
14/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E03 + S1E04 - "Three Gentlemen of Moletown" / "Who Arted"
15/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E05 + S1E06 - "Trash Trash Trash!" / "Groundmole Day"
16/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E07 + S1E08 - "Some Like it Cool" / "Molerskating Mayhem"
17/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E09 + S1E10 - "Duck Moley Duck!" / "Squirm's Day Out"
18/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E11 + S1E12 - "Wormalicious" / "Keeper for a Day"
19/12 - 15.00 CET - S1E13 - "For All Molekind" / (repeat) "Magic Rectangle"

@CNFan89x please forgive me for not trusting you in the first place about the new November schedule of Boomerang CEE! :anime::p Don't be upset

ItsToonTown

Today is the last day of Boomerang LA; shutting down after 20 1/2 years. For now here's a history.

2001-2006: The best Boomerang!! I got this channel in '03; and my favorite year of the classic era was 2005! The rebrand in 2004 was not the best but I didn't know what was to come...
2006-2008: Logo change. It looked more of a frisbee than a BOOMERANG. Classics still showed but Tooncast launched December in 2008 bringing us the...
2008-2014: Teenager era! Some Boomerangs (UK) were sort of like this but quickly reverted later. This went on for eight years :( By 2010, I forgot this channel while zapping through channels and turned to Tooncast. Luckly, in Summer 2014, classics would return (notably Tiro Loco McGraw/The El Kabong Show) The rebrand was the best news I heard about the channel that decade and Brazil would get it first! Sadly, it didn't turn out what I wanted to be...
2014-2021: Sadly, they made non-LT/T&J/Scooby classics move back to Tooncast, and later they would slowly became a preschool with adding Barbie, Lego Friends, and original programs. Although it's been mediocre for 13 years, nostalgia will make room for Boomerang Brazil's demise.

R.I.P Boomerang LA; you'll be missed

Cézar_Delacierra

Hoje é o último dia do Boomerang LA; encerrando após 20 anos e meio. Por enquanto aqui está uma história.

2001-2006: O melhor Boomerang !! Eu tenho este canal em '03; e meu ano favorito da era clássica foi 2005! A reformulação da marca em 2004 não foi das melhores, mas eu não sabia o que estava por vir ...
2006-2008: Mudança do logotipo. Parecia mais um frisbee do que um BOOMERANG. Os clássicos ainda apareciam, mas o Tooncast foi lançado em dezembro de 2008 trazendo-nos o ...
2008-2014: Teenager era! Some Boomerangs (UK) were sort of like this but quickly reverted later. This went on for eight years :( By 2010, I forgot this channel while zapping through channels and turned to Tooncast. Luckly, in Summer 2014, classics would return (notably Tiro Loco McGraw/The El Kabong Show) The rebrand was the best news I heard about the channel that decade and Brazil would get it first! Sadly, it didn't turn out what I wanted to be...
2014-2021: Sadly, they made non-LT/T&J/Scooby classics move back to Tooncast, and later they would slowly became a preschool with adding Barbie, Lego Friends, and original programs. Although it's been mediocre for 13 years, nostalgia will make room for Boomerang Brazil's demise.

R.I.P Boomerang LA; you'll be missed
I liked the period between 2014-2017, where Boomerang replayed classics like Animaniacs, Top Cat, The Flinstones in addition to the new versions "New Looney Tunes" and Be Cool Scooby Doo and Bunnicula.

It is obvious that in the last few months the channel was abandoned , with no news or changes in the grid , I just hope that the channel still exists in Europe and Asia

J10

?

Boomerang Portugal still exists
He was mistaken, and also he didn’t differentiate between Boomerang Portugal (broadcasting in Angola, Mozambique, and Portugal), and the Brazilian Variant of Boomerang Latin America (the one that’s now called Cartoonito Latin America/Brazil).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts