Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Boomerang Arabia continuity from 2021.
No, it’s not….

I guess this is from 2017/2018.

Boomerang MENA has changed their logo and became small in its size, and that’s from an old continuity, and maybe he used an IP link, which is different from the actual broadcast of the channel.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
No, it’s not….

I guess this is from 2018.

Boomerang MENA has changed their logo and became small in its size, and that’s from an old continuity, and maybe he used an IP link, which is different from the actual broadcast of the channel.
I've changed the comment to mention the actual year. Said person should've just put said date instead of this year.

Reactions: J10

ItsToonTown

Even when they do launch, it's unlikely Boomerang will just immediately close down.
OFF: Are you that guy who used to upload those old UK bumpers? I LOVE THOSE THX SO MUCH!
ON: UK will survive because:
a) Cartoonito still exists (with and HD feed?)
b) Boomerang (and CN) obviously have stuff planned for next year.
c) A Cartoonito bloch hasn't been announced from CN UK. (If that happens, it still won't shut down)
d) All Disney Channels closed down which means huge competition between Nick(toons) and CN, and Nick Jr (2) and Boomerang/Cartoonito. Closing anyone of these channels will just turn the tator tots to Nickelodeon. (Which sucks in the UK :/ )

Markus Nelis

OFF: Are you that guy who used to upload those old UK bumpers? I LOVE THOSE THX SO MUCH!
c) A Cartoonito bloch hasn't been announced from CN UK. (If that happens, it still won't shut down)
d) All Disney Channels closed down which means huge competition between Nick(toons) and CN, and Nick Jr (2) and Boomerang/Cartoonito. Closing anyone of these channels will just turn the tator tots to Nickelodeon. (Which sucks in the UK :/ )
b) We know
c) CN in the UK doesn't need the block when there's a 24/7 channel.
d) They're not going to shut down the channels like Disney. They don't have to copy Disney especially when there's still no HBO Max coming for quite some years.

RegularCapital

Staff member
a) Yep, Cartoonito is present in the UK, in fact, it's the first one to ever exist, according to viewing ratings, it has higher ratings than CN or Boomerang (which is currently the weakest of the three), which leads me to think if Boomerang closes in the future, the shows will split up between CN and Cartoonito, and Cartoonito will have Boomerang's HD feed. We will have to wait and see post-Discovery merger.

b) Yes, New content is coming to both channels in the short-term, but it seems that in the U.S. they're moving away from the Boomerang brand, the streaming service had no new shows, with the new content streaming on HBO Max, meanwhile the channel itself in the U.S. only has changes when they feel like it, it's like a channel that they've half-forgotten about. Channel distribution in the U.S. and the way cable companies handle their subscription packages can be partly to blame for this, why care for a channel if not many cable subscribers can watch it, when its main purpose is to just air cartoons?

c) No need for a Cartoonito block on CN in the UK, the channel is already established, existing since 2006.

d) Yes, the other pay-TV kids channels benefited from Disney's closure, if WarnerMedia pulls out, that's the end of kids subscription pack unless otherwise Nickelodeon suffers as the kids pack is no longer worth it for subscribers. I think the remaining kids channels will merge with an entertainment package (like what happened with NOW TV), combined with HBO Max. Nickelodeon UK is partly-owned by Sky, so I really doubt that they'll pull the plug on Nick.

thetellyweb

TellyToon

a) I've yet to see Cartoonito HD UK ever been announced/released, but I'm clearly using the wrong services, so I wouldn't know.
It's had an interesting run, starting as an unnamed block on CN Too, which took up 9 hours a day with stuff like Barney & Friends, Hi-5, Roobarb & Custard Too and Pororo suddenly being added to the line-up unannounced, it eventually became it's own branded block, until Toonami merged into CN Too and Cartoonito became it's own channel. It still had to share with TCM 2, so it remained running from 3am to 7pm, and I think at the time they were also still showing some of the old Hanna-Barbera shows on early morning. Eventually, they extended to 9pm, and later becoming a whole 24hr network.

The only thing I found weird was some of the acquisitions. The Smurfs and Tiny Toons made a comeback... on a preschool channel? it was a weird time, but not long enough.

b) Again, I've yet to hear anything planned. There isn't even a launch date for HBO MAX in the UK yet, so I imagine they'll continue as normal. I shouldn't see any issue with any new stuff not coming to the UK, unless a co-produced show winds up on somewhere else all the sudden.

c) I known CN US has Cartoonito and Adult Swim on the same network, but I wouldn't see the point of a Cartoonito block on CN, considering their target demographic is more geared at older kids. They did used to run a block on Boomerang decades back, but that was to help push the channel, which I think wasn't available on all service providers at the time. I still recall Virgin Media not having Cartoonito yet, as again, it took over CN Too, but was a Digital Satellite only channel. They could still run a block to promote the new launch, but it would seem pointless if the major providers have all 3 of these channels.

Speaking of promoting, I really saw another cross-promotion bumper on CN, but it was "NOW: NEW Jellystone!" and "Super Wings over on Cartoonito".

d) I think RC put it best. But we're forgetting, there are other competitors, outside of WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS.
The BBC has CBBC and Cbeebies, ITV has CITV, there was a newly launched brand called ZooMoo (originally a channel, but no just on-demand programmes), POP!, Tiny Pop and POP MAX (formerly owned by Sony, now run by Narrative Capital), and a few other kids blocks running on other channels like LittleBe, Milkshake, London Live Kids and RTÉjr (Ireland).

Not to mention, most of these are actually free-to-watch.

ItsToonTown

OFF: I wished Brazil used the EMEA ribbon logo. It looked fun!
1637719014207.png

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
There were plans to use the 2012 EMEA branding in the US and Latin America, but instead most of the feeds went for a new branding, guess that was more globally appealing.
No there weren’t, at least not in the U.S. (don’t know about Latin America). When the rebrand was announced, there was a YouTube channel claiming to be official (it wasn’t) that uploaded stuff from a foreign feed and claimed the U.S. Boomerang was rebranding to that. It was all a hoax.

Insidus

WarnerMedia EMEA briefed me in on Cartoonito and I'm still confident that it's replacing Boomerang as they haven't stopped adding preschool content.

The info mentioned below fits the description of Latin America. It looks like EMEA will get it as a channel cause Kidscreen did say Spookies will in 2023 on the Cartoonito channel
6ae1e0b21f36ec70a448effe7c53e3cd.jpg

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk

J10

WarnerMedia EMEA briefed me in on Cartoonito and I'm still confident that it's replacing Boomerang as they haven't stopped adding preschool content.

The info mentioned below fits the description of Latin America. It looks like EMEA will get it as a channel cause Kidscreen did say Spookies will in 2023 on the Cartoonito channel
6ae1e0b21f36ec70a448effe7c53e3cd.jpg
They have forgotten that the block exists on Cartoon Network (in Turkey & MENA), while they're emailing to you. They're just stuck in 2014/2015.

J10

Notice how they don't talk about it as a block

Sent from my Hisense U964 using Tapatalk
I saw it already.

I realized that they're just stuck in 2014/2015, where it's existed only in both of these countries. They should have said in the email that it's existed in fewer countries, some markets as a block, and will soon be available in other places. They just mentioned it as a channel.

Last edited:

zpc7

I have a recording of Tom & Jerry Kids on Boomerang Thailand from July, maybe I’ll upload the continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts