Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

It's allowed in Portugal and everywhere else.

It was blocked few days ago on Boomerang Thailand's YouTube Account after being posted, due to copyrights.

But now, it's back again, if you checked the video for the promo posted in the previous page.

WowWowWow

The Greatest Hero in Ooo
I assume Boom Thailand are busy modifying the 2018 branding to include the Ribbon logo instead of the 2015 logo

Cool_Cat

To be fair I'd take the current branding any day over the 2012 look by Mainframe.

But the original ribbon branding was easily the best to me, I think even from a marketing standpoint it shows all the characters in a way the other brandings never did.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Besides the Tom and Jerry Show right now Boomerang IT has just pre school stuff. I don't even know what they're trying to do with it, couldn't they just put those shows on a morning block?

In order to see classics I have to wait until June to see if they do a summer pop up channel, and it's never enough anyway. For an example they listed the Looney Tunes cartoons in alphabetical order for each character, and a big list for anything which doesn't fall into the main category, and they always start from the beginning so I never see the end of it.
One of the shows currently airing on Boom IT is "Once Upon a Time... Life".

I mean, it has some educational value to it, but this show runs at like 8PM on there. Just surprised me, as Netflix has this show in the UK, but has a "12 rating" on it.

Francisque

I mean, it has some educational value to it, but this show runs at like 8PM on there. Just surprised me, as Netflix has this show in the UK, but has a "12 rating" on it.
They do air not for young people, but mostly for nostalgic people, since this was aired on Italia 1 in the past, so there's a kind of logic of airing it at 8pm (also because prime time in Italy starts later than in the UK)

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
Boomerang Southeast asia has be aired new episode Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? weekend at 1:00 PM and looks like this is a rest of season 2.

i hope season 3 need more guest star

Capture_2021_03_23_08_33_15_913.png

CNC

Boomerang Southeast asia has be aired new episode Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? weekend at 1:00 PM and looks like this is a rest of season 2.

i hope season 3 need more guest star

View attachment 286508
You do know S2 is the final season, right?

thetellyweb

TellyToon
More Boomerang UK continuity from 2007. This time played before a Bratz movie.

(Errgh, The stuff they threw out for the franchise back then)

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Also (double post sorry), I don't know if this is accurate or not, but it appears that My Knight & Me came back on the UK schedule, taking the Mr Bean slots from late at night.

So, now it's just "My Knight..." and Taffy from 9pm to 6am. Mr Bean still runs in the daytime though.

coldglynx

I didn’t know where to put this finding. So this maybe the best place for it.

There appears to be some Hanna Barbera cartoons on non Warner owned Streaming Services like Plutotv and Tubitv. I was checking it out and found some Scooby Doos on there. But the most obscure one was Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels and Pebbles and Bam Bam.
Found the whole thing randomly. Is Time Warner just giving out some if there library or what?

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
It was blocked few days ago on Boomerang Thailand's YouTube Account after being posted, due to copyrights.

But now, it's back again, if you checked the video for the promo posted in the previous page.
Wait, how can the original Boomerang Thailand video get blocked by YouTube? They uploaded it with permission, plus they made the promo themselves. What the heck are you talking about there? It seems the Thailand feed just doesn't want to let go of the 2005 ribbon.

At least that's a classic...., even if an unexpcted and odd choice.

More Boomerang UK continuity from 2007. This time played before a Bratz movie.

(Errgh, The stuff they threw out for the franchise back then)
Was this when Boomerang UK still had the 2005 "bleu background" look? I know they already got rid of the "Character heads" bumpers around that time.

Also (double post sorry), I don't know if this is accurate or not, but it appears that My Knight & Me came back on the UK schedule, taking the Mr Bean slots from late at night.

So, now it's just "My Knight..." and Taffy from 9pm to 6am. Mr Bean still runs in the daytime though.
wasn't Turner supposed to lose the rights to My Knight and Me everywhere at the moment? Boomerang CEE did show at one point a My Knight and Me clip filler even after they removed it this month from the line-up, but this was on the Romanian subfeed, and I suppose the local playout isn't affected by licenses and stuff related.

J10

Wait, how can the original Boomerang Thailand video get blocked by YouTube? They uploaded it with permission, plus they made the promo themselves. What the heck are you talking about there? It seems the Thailand feed just doesn't want to let go of the 2005 ribbon.
This is from few weeks ago. After the video being posted on YouTube, few weeks ago, and it got blocked for me too, and one of us mentioned that, but few days later, I guess on March 20th, it returned back again, and recognised it’s returned on the last page, that video of the promo posted on page 18.

Last edited:

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner

That show aired last year (and in the winter of this year) on RTP 2. This one and Man made their dubbed network television premieres recently (RTP aired them decades ago in French with subtitles).

thetellyweb

TellyToon
Was this when Boomerang UK still had the 2005 "bleu background" look? I know they already got rid of the "Character heads" bumpers around that time.
Not really. There were a couple promos which reused the background, but continuity and NEXT/LATER bumpers had a different background. Hence the cinema idents.
The European idents kept the blue background, but the idents were changed, since they remained a cartoon channel, and not a Teen/Live - Action station Boomerang UK was going through.

Daffyrocks

Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for April 2021

- Mush-Mush & the Mushables premieres on 19th April. The show will air daily at 17.00 CET with reruns the day after at 09.00 CET. It will replace, on both slots, Alice and Lewis. The first 26 episodes (S1.1) will air on the first batch, until 1st May.
- "Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo" is back this month, airing for the first 6 days of April with a different movie plus a special at 10.00 CET. Also, for something good, a classic New Scooby-Doo Movies episode will air daily at 15.00 CET (it will take up the entire hourly slot and 20 minutes will be left for break). This is most probably done for the Catholic Easter, which falls on 4th April this year (the Orthodox one is only on 2nd May, this is probably the longest gap ever between the two religions)
- Another very unforgivable and unneeded schedule change: Power Players is coming to Boomerang CEE on 12th April, airing daily at 13.00 and 20.00 CET, replacing Mr. Magoo in those slots...... Ok, now I understand how much they want to cross-promote Cartoon Network, but they need to think that airing a promo alone of CN CEE/PL/RSEE/NL is just enough. Really. Besides, Power Players is currently out of the CN CEE schedule, so this makes things more confusing at this point. Just keep it on Cartoon Network. We already still have the Ben 10 reboot on Boomerang CEE and it's bad enough, when we could have better shows in those slots.
- Schedule changes:
  • The Boomerang’s Best Friends marathon with Mr. Bean will expand into weekdays for its remaining airing days, being shown between the same timeslots of 12.00 and 15.00 CET. It will keep its weekend showings as well.
  • Since it will be replaced by the new show Mush-Mush, Alice and Lewis is gone from the schedule this month. Who knows when it will return again until new episodes will premiere at one point.
  • Mr. Magoo will also be gone from the daytime schedule and will only be left airing overnights.

(All times CET, changes are bolded; slots marked in jungle green are part of Boomerang Playground)

06.00 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
07.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08.00 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
08.40 Lamput
09.00 Alice and Lewis / NEW Mush-Mush & the Mushables (from 20/04)
09.20 Pat the Dog

10.00 Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (01/04-06/04) / Kingdom Force (from 07/04)
10.20 Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (01/04-06/04) / Grizzy and The Lemmings (from 07/04)
11.00 Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (01/04-06/04) / Mighty Mike (from 07/04)
11.20 Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo (01/04-06/04) / Baby Looney Tunes (from 07/04)
12.00 Boomerang's Best Friends (everyday until 06/04) / Ben 10 (reboot) (from 07/04)
13.00 Boomerang's Best Friends (everyday until 06/04) / Mr. Magoo (2019) (07/04-11/04) / Power Players (from 12/04)
14.00 Boomerang's Best Friends (everyday until 06/04) / Mr. Bean: The Animated Series (from 07/04)
14.40 Lamput
15.00 The New Scooby-Doo Movies (01/04-06/04) / Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (from 07/04)
16.00 The Tom and Jerry Show
17.00 Alice and Lewis / NEW Mush-Mush & the Mushables (from 19/04)
17.20 Pat the Dog
18.00 Kingdom Force
18.20 Grizzy and The Lemmings
19.00 Mighty Mike
19.20 Baby Looney Tunes

20.00 Mr. Magoo (2019) / Power Players (from 12/04)
21.00 New Looney Tunes
22.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
23.00 Mr. Magoo (2019)
00.00 Mighty Mike
01.00 Taffy
02.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
03.00 Mr. Magoo (2019)
04.00 Mighty Mike
05.00 Taffy

Boomerang Cinema with Scooby-Doo line-up (01/04-06/04):
01/04 - Scooby-Doo: The Mystery Begins + Scooby-Doo: Mecha Mutt Menace
02/04 - Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster + Scooby-Doo and the Spooky Scarecrow + (time filler) The Tom and Jerry Show
03/04 - Scooby-Doo: Legend of the Phantosaur + (time filler) Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! / The Tom and Jerry Show
04/04 - Scooby-Doo: Camp Scare + Scooby-Doo: Spooky Games + (time filler) The Tom and Jerry Show
05/04 - Scooby-Doo: Shaggy's Showdown + Scooby Doo: Ghastly Goals + (time filler) The Tom and Jerry Show
06/04 - Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mystery + Scooby-Doo and the Beach Beastie + (time filler) The Tom and Jerry Show
( I wouldn't be surprised if this marathon will just be an April Fool :))))))) )

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

This is from few weeks ago. After the video being posted on YouTube, few weeks ago, and it got blocked for me too, and one of us mentioned that, but few days later, I guess on March 20th, it returned back again, and recognised it’s returned on the last page, that video of the promo posted on page 18.
But, it was impossible that Hasbro has blocked the video uploaded oficially by Boomerang Thailand... Plus, like I said before, they made the promo themselves.

Not really. There were a couple promos which reused the background, but continuity and NEXT/LATER bumpers had a different background. Hence the cinema idents.
The European idents kept the blue background, but the idents were changed, since they remained a cartoon channel, and not a Teen/Live - Action station Boomerang UK was going through.
were these bumpers introduced yet?
Or these ones were used in 2007, but with different background and voice-over? (I do recall you uploading an UK next bumper like this of Top Cat and with female narration, which of course got removed)

--

Boomerang CEE April 2021 Premieres Info

Mush-Mush & the Mushables

19/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E01 / S1E02 - "Save the Fun Tree" / "Stuck in the Mud" (SERIES PREMIERE)
20/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E03 / S1E04 - "Get the Egg Home" / "Fly, Chase, Fly"
21/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E05 / S1E06 - "Oh my Compost" / "Snails Forever"
22/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E07 / S1E08 - "A Frog of a Problem" / "Fool the Forest"
23/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E09 / S1E10 - "Mushroomates" / "Race the Beast"
24/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E11 / S1E12 - "Surprise, it's Spring" / "The Missing Mushlet"
25/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E13 / S1E14 - "The Hero Trap" / "Bird Call"
26/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E15 / S1E16 - "Let It Bee" / "The Staff of Wisdom"
27/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E17 / S1E18 - "The Snake Dance" / "Grasshopper Chep"
28/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E19 / S1E20 - "My Muddy Buddy" / "Mushlers to the Rescue"
29/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E21 / S1E22 - "Shine, Lilit, Shine" / "Eyes on the Surprise"
30/04 - 17.00 CET - S1E23 / S1E24 - "The Show Mush Go On" / "Mushpot's Treasure"

J10

But, it was impossible that Hasbro has blocked the video uploaded oficially by Boomerang Thailand... Plus, like I said before, they made the promo themselves.
I know they made the promo and took scenes from the show, but that’s what happened, and as you’ve said it is impossible that Hasbro blocked it, and I guess Boomerang Thailand resolved the issue of their YouTube Channel and the promo video returned back to public again and is viewable around the world.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
@Daffyrocks: Starting April, Power Players will move to CN NL's night schedule. It won't air during the day anymore.

CN NL should have some European Boomerang cartoons at night to make the schedule more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts