Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
German Looney Tunes and MGM shorts really need a redub though.

Most of the dubs other than being really old were made inside TV packages with custom intro and usually many cuts in the video, including a narrator in the Tom and Jerry shorts and a new cheap score in the Looney Tunes shorts.

I know in Russian most of the Looney Tunes shorts (if not all of them) have been dubbed for broadcasts on the 2x2 channel.

I have no idea about Popeye, but usually there’s not too much dialogue. The Italian dubs for an example were so terrible I’d rather watch the original.

Again... I could offer myself to sync the dubs on all these classic cartoons with my knowledge. They apparently have trouble doing it.

According to what I found, LT shorts in German were dubbed for LTGC (Kabel Eins used to air the LTGC dubs) and some shorts which were released on VHS (Bugs and Friends, 1997).
The Russian dubbing for LT was done in order by STS around 2002-2003 (like Animaniacs, Taz-Mania, Tiny Toon Adventures). Probably, all the pre-1934 Harman/Ising, some B/W shorts and all the color LT/MM shorts were dubbed.

Moleoman

If I remember correctly, Popeye was aired in English without subtitles on Boomerang EMEA in the 00s. Or at least many shorts were not subtitled. There used to be Boomerang EMEA schedule files on turner.com and the shows without Dutch subtitles were colored red.

Luckily, I've managed to save those Excel Boomerang Pan-Euro schedules when they were still available on europe.turnerinfo website - I've uploaded them all on Zippyshare:
May 2007.xls - May 2007
June 2007.xls - June 2007
Holidays 2007.xls - July/August 2007
September 2007.xls - September 2007
October 2007.xls - October 2007

Cool_Cat

Wow did they really air Count Duckula there? I remember seeing it on Italia 1 ages ago.

I'd love if they did such a schedule today. They'd have plenty of room too to fit there some of the new WB series.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Wow did they really air Count Duckula there? I remember seeing it on Italia 1 ages ago.
Yes. They aired it until 2009 along with Danger Mouse. They later removed the intro, credits and episode title card from DM and it was frustrating.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

I'd love if they did such a schedule today. They'd have plenty of room too to fit there some of the new WB series.

BM EMEA aired also The Raccoons and Dangermouse (1960's series)

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Luckily, I've managed to save those Excel Boomerang Pan-Euro schedules when they were still available on europe.turnerinfo website - I've uploaded them all on Zippyshare:
May 2007.xls - May 2007
June 2007.xls - June 2007
Holidays 2007.xls - July/August 2007
September 2007.xls - September 2007
October 2007.xls - October 2007
Thank you very much! Okay, so Popeye was fully subbed :)

So Mike Lu & Og was subbed as well : O Time Squad and Sheep in the Big City were not. Neither were Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo, even though CN NL aired the first seasons with subtitles...

Cool_Cat

If someone has email contacts for Turner, I’d like to help them fix all their classic cartoons database across Europe, including finding for every cartoon the best copy for each language and make multitrack copies for the CEE feed.

They seem to have lots of trouble with this, considering how the Italian feed doesn’t have important cartoons in the list such as Rabbit Fire, while they should have almost anything in their archive.

Also, does anyone know if they digitized all the tape material already?

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
BM EMEA aired also The Raccoons and Dangermouse (1960's series)
It's from the 80s, otherwise DM would be a Rediffusion production, if you know what I mean. Had Danger Mouse been prodiced twenty years earlier it would have been more rudimentary than anything made at the time by Al Brodax.

Markus Nelis

Not only Boomerang Germany is changing to Boomerang CEE and classics starting to be gone for German people, but also Boomerang Nordic is getting rid of classics starting October 1st. Now Mr Bean, Grizzy and the Lemmings and Pat the Dog will air all night long starting 1st October. Schedule will be posted sometime next week.

Francisque

This closure of Boomerang CEE seems to mimick what happened to Disney XD in EMEA (and Nick Jr)

Maybe we'll see other local feeds closing down in favour of "pan" ones; or simply more shared schedules

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Not only Boomerang Germany is changing to Boomerang CEE and classics starting to be gone for German people, but also Boomerang Nordic is getting rid of classics starting October 1st. Now Mr Bean, Grizzy and the Lemmings and Pat the Dog will air all night long starting 1st October. Schedule will be posted sometime next week.
Are all cartoons on Boomerang Nordic then also dubbed into Finnish?

CN NU and Boom NU then kinda become useless for those who already have Toonix.

Francisque

I also add: I wouldn't be surprised about possible further Boomerang mergers inside of the marketing regions

Now: Boomerang France & Italy in particular, could be the next candidates for a merger

I also think we could see the new look being adopted by Boomerang CEE on October 1st, which may be the reason the sun on the DOG hasn't been dropped yet
Are all cartoons on Boomerang Nordic then also dubbed into Finnish?

CN NU and Boom NU then kinda become useless for those who already have Toonix.
I think they really should launch a Finnish audiotrack for both CN Nordic and Boom Nordic now

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Tooncast news are allowed in this thread, so anyway:

On September 26th, SKY Brazil will add Tooncast to its service, after nearly ten years on air, justice is made. The cause is the shutdown of the Esporte Interativo network which gives providers the chance to add a few channels that are new to the service.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Proximus recently added ESPORT TV. How is eSport (gaming competitions) called in Portuguese?

TMF Toons' voice-over is called Pim Veth. (also the voice-actor of Martin Mystery and Grizz from We Bare Bears)

Cool_Cat

I don't even get why merging channels this way. Is keeping an extra feed really that expensive?

Then by looking at all the trouble they have finding dubs, they shouldn't do it.

BlooMac

I don't even get why merging channels this way. Is keeping an extra feed really that expensive?

Then by looking at all the trouble they have finding dubs, they shouldn't do it.
Yes, a separate feed costs a lot of money and it's only worth it to maintain one, if it's profitable, something that Boomerang Germany wasn't anymore.

Germany is lucky they have Boomerang CEE as a backup. If another CEE country struggles, they may likely lose the channel as a whole.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I wonder how much TV providers need to pay to have Boomerang CEE in their package... Especially since there is no Dutch (and Hungarian?) ad block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts