Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Cat

I could offer myself to tidy up their classic cartoon library for free, due to my knowledge with broadcast formats (such as Betacam to digital formats) and obviously the cartoon library itself, along with all the versions in existance.

Did I sound crazy enough? :p

If someone can give me a list of contacts from the EMEA region I can give it a try.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for October 2018

- After a long hiatus of new episodes, the second season of Grizzy and The Lemmings will premiere on 22nd October. New episodes will air everyday at 14.00 CET, with reruns at 20.35 CET and the following day at 06.55 CET. They will air so far 26 episodes from this new season.
- Second season of Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz premieres on 8th October. New episodes will air everyday at 14.25 CET, with reruns the following day at 06.00 CET. This also includes the 4-part special called "The Wizard, The Witch And the Crystal Ball", which will air at the beginning of the batch (each part will air per day). New episodes will air until 31st October.
- From 27th until 31st October, Boomerang will start a special Halloween programming block everyday from 15.45 till 20.35, consisting of "spooky" episodes of Be Cool, Scooby-Doo and Bunnicula. So they're basically doing just what they did last Halloween as well. How original and innovative....
- Continuing with: "Your Marathon at lunchtime" programming block (through the whole month)

Schedule changes info:
- The Wacky Races reboot replaces Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz's second slot at 06.25 CET, becuase Grizzy and The Lemmings will take the former's slot at 06.55 CET. (Grizzy is finally having more daytime exposure again! :D )
- The Tom and Jerry Show's double-bill slot at 11.45 is replaced by another double bill of Mr. Bean.
- This month's "Your Marathon at lunchtime" show will be.... New Looney Tunes. It will air everyday for one hour from 12.40 till 13.55 CET.
- As part of the Daylight Saving time on 27th October, Grizzy and The Lemmings will get additional airtime for one hour between the show's 02.45 CET showing and My Knight and Me's 03.05 CET.
- The only big change is Boomerang Cinema being totally removed from weekends, just like CN Cinema on Cartoon Network. I am really not surprised at all about this, honestly. From now, both the weekday and weekend schedule will look ENTIRELY the same. The schedule couldn't get more monotone than this... :(

Here's the schedule:

(All times CET)

06.00 Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz
06.25 Wacky Races (reboot)
06.45 The Happos Family
06.55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
07.20 The Tom and Jerry Show
07.45 The Tom and Jerry Show
08.15 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
08.40 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
09.05 Bunnicula
09.30 Bunnicula
09.55 New Looney Tunes
10.20 New Looney Tunes
10.40 The Happos Family
10.50 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
11.20 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
11.45 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
12.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
12.40 Your Marathon at lunchtime
13.50 The Happos Family
14.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
14.25 Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz
14.50 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
15.20 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
15.45 Bunnicula
16.10 Bunnicula
16.40 New Looney Tunes
17.05 New Looney Tunes
17.30 The Tom and Jerry Show
17.55 The Tom and Jerry Show
18.20 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
18.45 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
19.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
19.40 Wacky Races (reboot)
20.05 New Looney Tunes
20.35 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21.25 My Knight and Me
21.50 My Knight and Me
22.20 Pat The Dog
22.45 Pat The Dog
23.10 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
23.40 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
00.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00.55 My Knight and Me
01.15 My Knight and Me
01.40 Pat The Dog
02.00 Pat The Dog
02.25 Grizzy and The Lemmings
02.45 Grizzy and The Lemmings
03.05 My Knight and Me
03.25 My Knight and Me
03.50 Pat The Dog
04.10 Pat The Dog
04.35 Grizzy and The Lemmings
04.55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
05.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
05.35 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Boomerang CEE Schedule and Highlights for October 2018

- After a long hiatus of new episodes, the second season of Grizzy and The Lemmings will premiere on 22nd October. New episodes will air everyday at 14.00 CET, with reruns at 20.35 CET and the following day at 06.55 CET. They will air so far 26 episodes from this new season.
- Second season of Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz premieres on 8th October. New episodes will air everyday at 14.25 CET, with reruns the following day at 06.00 CET. This also includes the 4-part special called "The Wizard, The Witch And the Crystal Ball", which will air at the beginning of the batch (each part will air per day). New episodes will air until 31st October.
- From 27th until 31st October, Boomerang will start a special Halloween programming block everyday from 15.45 till 20.35, consisting of "spooky" episodes of Be Cool, Scooby-Doo and Bunnicula. So they're basically doing just what they did last Halloween as well. How original and innovative....
- Continuing with: "Your Marathon at lunchtime" programming block (through the whole month)

Schedule changes info:
- The Wacky Races reboot replaces Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz's second slot at 06.25 CET, becuase Grizzy and The Lemmings will take the former's slot at 06.55 CET. (Grizzy is finally having more daytime exposure again! :D )
- The Tom and Jerry Show's double-bill slot at 11.45 is replaced by another double bill of Mr. Bean.
- This month's "Your Marathon at lunchtime" show will be.... New Looney Tunes. It will air everyday for one hour from 12.40 till 13.55 CET.
- As part of the Daylight Saving time on 27th October, Grizzy and The Lemmings will get additional airtime for one hour between the show's 02.45 CET showing and My Knight and Me's 03.05 CET.
- The only big change is Boomerang Cinema being totally removed from weekends, just like CN Cinema on Cartoon Network. I am really not surprised at all about this, honestly. From now, both the weekday and weekend schedule will look ENTIRELY the same. The schedule couldn't get more monotone than this... :(

Here's the schedule:

(All times CET)

06.00 Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz
06.25 Wacky Races (reboot)
06.45 The Happos Family
06.55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
07.20 The Tom and Jerry Show
07.45 The Tom and Jerry Show
08.15 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
08.40 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
09.05 Bunnicula
09.30 Bunnicula
09.55 New Looney Tunes
10.20 New Looney Tunes
10.40 The Happos Family
10.50 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
11.20 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
11.45 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
12.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
12.40 Your Marathon at lunchtime
13.50 The Happos Family
14.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
14.25 Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz
14.50 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
15.20 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
15.45 Bunnicula
16.10 Bunnicula
16.40 New Looney Tunes
17.05 New Looney Tunes
17.30 The Tom and Jerry Show
17.55 The Tom and Jerry Show
18.20 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
18.45 Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
19.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
19.40 Wacky Races (reboot)
20.05 New Looney Tunes
20.35 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings
21.25 My Knight and Me
21.50 My Knight and Me
22.20 Pat The Dog
22.45 Pat The Dog
23.10 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
23.40 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
00.00 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00.30 Grizzy and The Lemmings (4 segments)
00.55 My Knight and Me
01.15 My Knight and Me
01.40 Pat The Dog
02.00 Pat The Dog
02.25 Grizzy and The Lemmings
02.45 Grizzy and The Lemmings
03.05 My Knight and Me
03.25 My Knight and Me
03.50 Pat The Dog
04.10 Pat The Dog
04.35 Grizzy and The Lemmings
04.55 Grizzy and The Lemmings
05.15 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
05.35 Mr. Bean: The Animated Series
This schedule reminds me of Boomerang US, but with less variety...

Cool_Cat

@Daffyrocks

vlcsnap-2018-09-11-06h34m32s223.png

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
Meanwhile, German Team censorship logic:

Show "The Real Thomas" from Regular Show on its UK print edited with censored referrences to Russia -> Do not edit "Bunn in Space" from Bunnicula from Russian referrences and leave the USSR flag intact.

IMG_20180912_155313.jpg

Due to mention about USSR, Episode 24 ("Moscow Side Story"/"Fair's Fair") from The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries was banned on Boomerang CEE. At least this episode was aired by TV Puls 2.

Last edited:

Moleoman

After today's new "Tom and Jerry Show" episode on Boomerang CEE ("Plant Food" which wasn't pitch corrected at least on Polish track, but it was on English track) appeared the dub credits to 4 versions (of which Polish isn't one of them) - Hungarian, Russian, Dutch and... German, despite the fact that Boomerang Germany is (still) separate from Boomerang CEE feed.

For anybody curious, here are the dub credits from the epsiode on Boomerang CEE:
tomandjerryshow-dubcreds-boomcee-ep73c-1.png

tomandjerryshow-dubcreds-boomcee-ep73c-2.png

EDIT: Apparently, Boomerang Germany will be replaced with Boomerang CEE in German-speaking areas on Monday, October the 1st: TV Programm auf Boomerang

Last edited:

Cool_Cat

From what I read it looks like they're shutting down the German feed and replace it with the CEE feed with German audio.

EDIT: I wouldn't care about what version they use and such, but if a dub is missing they should air it anyway. It's not that people from Bulgaria would have a problem watching a Tom and Jerry cartoon in English, especially when we did here all the time despite the fact the dubs existed for decades.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
With the German feed being gone, now I except some classics to finally return to Boomerang CEE, as Boomerang Germany does currently have some classics in the schedule if I am not wrong. They should bring back stuff like classic T&J, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Flintstones and even Popeye (as they would only need to dub it in Russian, since the other countries do have it dubbed). Heck, they can even make an effort to dub the MGM shorts (the non-Tom and Jerry stuff like Tex Avery, Droopy, Barney Bear and Happy Harmonies).

They may start with these changes in November, as the October schedule will still be the same as September. But let's see.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
The German and Dutch dubbing card were presented also on the newest batch of Wacky Races (2017, June 2018 premiere):
IMG_20180919_072558.jpg

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Thank you for all these Dutch dubbing cards. I have never heard of Franky Rampen. Hmmm...
With the German feed being gone, now I except some classics to finally return to Boomerang CEE, as Boomerang Germany does currently have some classics in the schedule if I am not wrong. They should bring back stuff like classic T&J, Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Flintstones and even Popeye (as they would only need to dub it in Russian, since the other countries do have it dubbed). Heck, they can even make an effort to dub the MGM shorts (the non-Tom and Jerry stuff like Tex Avery, Droopy, Barney Bear and Happy Harmonies).

They may start with these changes in November, as the October schedule will still be the same as September. But let's see.
Does Popeye have a Dutch dub then? CN NL aired Popeye subtitled, I think. So did Ketnet.

If I remember correctly, Popeye was aired in English without subtitles on Boomerang EMEA in the 00s. Or at least many shorts were not subtitled. There used to be Boomerang EMEA schedule files on turner.com and the shows without Dutch subtitles were colored red.

Cool_Cat

German Looney Tunes and MGM shorts really need a redub though.

Most of the dubs other than being really old were made inside TV packages with custom intro and usually many cuts in the video, including a narrator in the Tom and Jerry shorts and a new cheap score in the Looney Tunes shorts.

I know in Russian most of the Looney Tunes shorts (if not all of them) have been dubbed for broadcasts on the 2x2 channel.

I have no idea about Popeye, but usually there’s not too much dialogue. The Italian dubs for an example were so terrible I’d rather watch the original.

Again... I could offer myself to sync the dubs on all these classic cartoons with my knowledge. They apparently have trouble doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts