Bobobo anime possibly getting new DVD release.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Thanks to WTK over at FandomPost/Mania forums, I've learned that apparently Bobobo is going to get a new DVD release, coming this March. Provided, if this information is legit. A listing on Amazon.com, Buy.com, and DVD Planet all point that it will be released on March 27th, 2012. Another site, VideoETA, lists a coverart for this boxset. While the company releasing this is not 100% sure, other than E1 will be the distributor for the sets.

Also, provided this information is right, the sets will be bilingual and have Japanese and English audio. Another thing is it's also lists for 4 DVDs (though, as someone pointed out on the other forums, this may be a dual sided DVD release). Not sure if that is also accurate, but... Yeah.

Hoping this is legit and actually does come out. Really interested in knowing the exact company releasing it.

Cartoon X

Lum the Forever
Oh my Jiggler! I really hope this is legit; I've been waiting so long to have this series on dvd! I really wan't to watch this show again, it's my second favorite show of all time (FMA/Brotherhood are tied for first).

PC!

lolwut?
Aww, when I saw the first part of the topic title from the main forum, I was hoping it was going to be about Bobobo getting a new series/new episodes.

This is good too, though! It's nice to know Bobobo is finally going to get a respectable complete series DVD release, and even better, isn't completely dead in America just yet.

jlaking

Brainiac is someplace
A day one purchase from me, I have been waiting for this to re-released on DVD for about 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I might end up getting this, I used to like the series, but just kinda grew out of it. I still have my DVD Volume 1 and that one manga volume (With an appearance of Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! as drawn by Kazuki Takahashi!) Viz released to test the waters. However, I didn't really watch the anime regularly and when Viz decided to release more of the manga, I just couldn't get into it...

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I hope it's true. I've been wanting to get this show on DVD for a long time. Not to mention the later episodes were sort of harder to watch for me when they came on.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
As long as we get the same wacky dub that appeared on Toonami all those years ago, I'm set with this release. I just loved all the liberties they had to make for the series to work as an English Dub.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Bo*7

This is nice to hear. I wonder if they'll use the original opening/closing credits. Either way, this will be one BEAUTY of a release... (sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrolupine

Man on the wing.
Whoa, half the series on DVD just two months away? Granted, anime discs are pricey... but holy cow it's so worth it! Time for a meme quite: "Shut up and take my money NOW!"

All this and a little assurance that Viz might continue the manga someday make me a very, very happy man indeed.

Shift

Brave Warrior of the Sea
Already pre-ordered. Fantastic to see it finally getting out of limbo.

Now here's hoping they can get a few of those long-lost 4Kids dubs like Ultimate Muscle next.

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Already pre-ordered. Fantastic to see it finally getting out of limbo.

Now here's hoping they can get a few of those long-lost 4Kids dubs like Ultimate Muscle next.

If you notice, S'more has been picking up things Toei licensed/distributed themselves and not through third parties. I think Pretty Cure, Captain Harlock, and maybe Slam Dunk would be the next likely candidates.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
If you notice, S'more has been picking up things Toei licensed/distributed themselves and not through third parties. I think Pretty Cure, Captain Harlock, and maybe Slam Dunk would be the next likely candidates.

You know Toei has been streaming various Digimon series in the same vein as those series...a boy can dream...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts