Bobobo anime possibly getting new DVD release.

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
May 20, 2003
Ratings
32 1
Erie, PA
Thanks to WTK over at FandomPost/Mania forums, I've learned that apparently Bobobo is going to get a new DVD release, coming this March. Provided, if this information is legit. A listing on Amazon.com, Buy.com, and DVD Planet all point that it will be released on March 27th, 2012. Another site, VideoETA, lists a coverart for this boxset. While the company releasing this is not 100% sure, other than E1 will be the distributor for the sets.

Also, provided this information is right, the sets will be bilingual and have Japanese and English audio. Another thing is it's also lists for 4 DVDs (though, as someone pointed out on the other forums, this may be a dual sided DVD release). Not sure if that is also accurate, but... Yeah.

Hoping this is legit and actually does come out. Really interested in knowing the exact company releasing it.

Cartoon X

Lum the Forever
Jul 16, 2009
United States
Oh my Jiggler! I really hope this is legit; I've been waiting so long to have this series on dvd! I really wan't to watch this show again, it's my second favorite show of all time (FMA/Brotherhood are tied for first).

PC!

lolwut?
Jun 9, 2002
Ratings
South-central Missouri
www.zackandzeke.net
Aww, when I saw the first part of the topic title from the main forum, I was hoping it was going to be about Bobobo getting a new series/new episodes.

This is good too, though! It's nice to know Bobobo is finally going to get a respectable complete series DVD release, and even better, isn't completely dead in America just yet.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
Jul 19, 2009
IL
I might end up getting this, I used to like the series, but just kinda grew out of it. I still have my DVD Volume 1 and that one manga volume (With an appearance of Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! as drawn by Kazuki Takahashi!) Viz released to test the waters. However, I didn't really watch the anime regularly and when Viz decided to release more of the manga, I just couldn't get into it...

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
731 1
Canada
Already pre-ordered. Fantastic to see it finally getting out of limbo.

Now here's hoping they can get a few of those long-lost 4Kids dubs like Ultimate Muscle next.
If you notice, S'more has been picking up things Toei licensed/distributed themselves and not through third parties. I think Pretty Cure, Captain Harlock, and maybe Slam Dunk would be the next likely candidates.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
Jul 19, 2009
IL
If you notice, S'more has been picking up things Toei licensed/distributed themselves and not through third parties. I think Pretty Cure, Captain Harlock, and maybe Slam Dunk would be the next likely candidates.
You know Toei has been streaming various Digimon series in the same vein as those series...a boy can dream...

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?