Blazing Team (New Hasbro Show)

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
D6UzSG9.jpg

Target: Boys 6-11 years
Production: 2015-2016
Episodes: 52 x 22 minutes
Blazing Team is a new boys comedy action - adventure series from Hasbro Studios. As a mysterious 'darkness' rises, a group of heroic teens is assembled to harness the awesome mystical power of YO KWON DO, a practice that defeats evil by blending the skill of yo-yo with the martial art of Kung Fu.
http://www.hasbrostudios.com/shows/page/title/blazing-team

This is a western adaptation of a popular Chinese yo-yo line called Blazing Teens.

Did Kaijudo die for this? :(

Dudley

Staff member
Did Kaijudo die for this? :(

I'm still in mourning! D:>

Anyhoo, this looks dumb. Actually I take it back, it reminds me a lot of Beyblade, but this looks slightly less dumb than that, better animated too.
I think my tolerance of toyetic cartoons are waning. But that could be that the product they're trying to promote is obvious.

Ah well, airing at 6 am, this show will be split into "two seasons" (26 episodes each) and that's all we'll get from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Yoyos uh well people like Mad Man and Killua do make Yoyos awesome so theres that

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Huh, yoyo fighting. Who do these kids think they are, Bridget from Guilty Gear?

The animation looks nice, but I'm not convinced this will be interesting. It seems a little too cheesy and product-driven for my liking.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
I'd imagine this show will be best known on the internet for all the pot smoking jokes that will be made about it.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
These days 6-11 in the action toon dept means very little to a periphery audience, but I enjoy Transformers RID enough and of course I'll give this a shot from that art style alone.
Hope the production behind this strive to be just as good if not better than Kaijudo: R/CoDM.

Takao

It was mentioned on a TV promo that aired on the network.

Did they give a date for that? All the online schedules are listing Transformers G1 in that timeslot, and that's what aired this morning.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
IIRC, A date was announced, I just don't remember when. I've only seen the spot once so far. It's not premiering this week or anything like that.

Anyways, this isn't anything that I'd actively seek out. Anime-type dealies where teenagers pose dramatically while fighting life or death battles with toys or cards aren't really my thing, plus this looks as generic as all get-out. I'll just be sleeping in.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Did they give a date for that? All the online schedules are listing Transformers G1 in that timeslot, and that's what aired this morning.

So far, I've only seen the promo once, and I honestly don't remember what date was set. I'm pretty sure that it's some time in November. It's definitely not premiering today or anything.

Last edited:

VG_Addict

So far, I've only seen the promo once, and I honestly don't remember what date was set. I'm pretty sure that it's some time in November. It's definitely not premiering today or anything.

The Hasbro Studios site just says "Production: 2015/2016".

Takao

Based on DiscFam's G1 run, I'd guess the earliest it could premiere is November 7th.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Wait... DiscFam actually has a new show?

Have they done anything since the death of the Hub last year?

Rhaynebow

Well it looks...unique. Of all the 'street' toys of yesteryear, yoyos to me were the most unique. Too bad I never played with street toys like skateboards and tops. And the only yoyos that I got were the cheap goody bag ones that would lose their strings with one drop.

Anywho, it only looks unique because of the tool. This show has a cast following toyetic toon cliches to a T, right down to the fire-element MC, token chick, big guy and brooding mysterious guy. Lemme guess, one of them has an annoying little sister and another has scientist parents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeMabbon

The Warrior
I'll probably give this a couple of episodes since it looks like some people from Kaijudo might have worked on this well, but this looks pretty bland and unimpressive so far. I took a look at the Chinese show this one is based on and it looks much worse.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts