"Blade" (MCU) News and Discussion Thread

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly I don't know why if they had that ending

For Eternals with Dane that he wouldn't be in the next Blade at all. Seems obviously they were setting him up to have some sort of role in that film

but thinking about it, I have to wonder if Marvel isn't going to try and find a way to at least give Wesley Snipes some sort of cameo in here. I mean after how well Spider Man No Way Home did, and with all the surprise cameos we're apparently going to get in Multi Verse of madness why not sell some of this movie on a meeting between the new and the old Blade. I guess you could argue "well after Dr. Strange 2 the Multi verse will be done with" but honestly the Multiverse was really started with Loki and as long as there's What If around there will be a multi verse so why not use that as a reason to have both Blades in one movie? Especially considering how important Wesley Snipes and those Blade movies are (the first especially is actually the first successful and well liked Marvel movie EVER) it just makes too much sense for him to be totally cut out even if you want to focus on a new Blade.

Frontier

Staff member
Or Blade's daughter that was gonna be in the comics but was scrapped for some reason. A person he saves? A familiar?
I feel like it would be a big jump to introduce an original daughter character for your protagonist, but they might want something to differentiate it immediately from Snipes' Blade.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like it would be a big jump to introduce an original daughter character for your protagonist, but they might want something to differentiate it immediately from Snipes' Blade.
True, but it already does have something to differentiate itself. Being part of 13 going on 14 years of movie universe continuity, lol.

the greenman

Too young to be Blade's mom and love interest (I think?)...maybe an OC sidekick o_O?
I'm actually thinking they would do both. Heck the prepubescent vampire has been working for decades.
Or Blade's daughter that was gonna be in the comics but was scrapped for some reason. A person he saves? A familiar?
Yeah, I remember those ideas, and this kinda seems a compromise of sorts.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
More reports about filming dates and locations.
Based on information revealed by Production Weekly, Marvel Studios' Blade reboot, starring Academy Award-winner Mahershala Ali, will begin filming in at Tyler Perry Studios in October 2022, with locations in Atlanta, GA, New Orleans, LA, Cleveland, OH and Morocco. This news comes after reports that the filming start date for Blade had been pushed back from July to sometime in the fall.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, that's a pretty bad title. Was their an issue with Vampire Slayer? That dang Buffy.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
The Batman is also what Batman is called when he's an urban legend or simply as his described role. Blade is actually the character's name. The Blade makes no sense as a title.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts