"Blade" (MCU) News and Discussion Thread

suss2it

Blade.jpg

Release date: November 7, 2025
February 14, 2025
September 6, 2024
November 3, 2023

"Quesada said now that Marvel has regained the rights on film to the Punisher and Blade, some kind of movement on bigger media projects with them can be expected but not any time soon"

Hopefully they get another Blade movie into production sooner rather than later. I'm a huge fan of the Blade movies, and I liked the TV show too so I can't wait to see more Blade. I wonder of Marvel will include him and Punisher in the MCU?SDCC '11: Marvel Studios Have Regained Rights To Blade; Clip From Agent Coulson Short Shown!

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

Yeah, I don't think so. As I've mentioned before, the opening Marvel Studios logo on Punisher: War Zone said something like Marvel Knights. I imagine they changed it to let fanboys know there wouldn't be any connection to the Iron Man- Avengers series. I have yet to read any interviews or reports on it since, but seeing how they have been planning Dr. Strange and now they have Blade, they can go in that darker direction of film storytelling.

suss2it

Yeah, I don't think so. As I've mentioned before, the opening Marvel Studios logo on Punisher: War Zone said something like Marvel Knights. I imagine they changed it to let fanboys know there wouldn't be any connection to the Iron Man- Avengers series. I have yet to read any interviews or reports on it since, but seeing how they have been planning Dr. Strange and now they have Blade, they can go in that darker direction of film storytelling.
I noticed the Marvel Knights logo too, but at that point Marvel didn't have the full rights to Punisher. It was Lionsgate who made and distributed ​War Zone.

Michael24

Staff member
If we could get a new Blade movie that was as good as the first, I'd be happy.

Bat-Fan Beyond

If we could get a new Blade movie that was as good as the first, I'd be happy.

I'm with you on that. I still love the first Blade movie a lot more than the second, and I don't care for the third at all.

My one concern with the rights going back to Marvel is that Marvel have tried several times to do a Blade comic series since that first Blade film, and every attempt sucked. If they can't do a Blade comic right, I'm not sure I feel comfortable with them doing a Blade movie. It was the Snipes/Norrington/Goyer film that kind of recreated and defined what Blade is and made it cool. So I hope they don't deviate too much from that template.

RoryWilliams

Marvel has Ghost Rider back. Don't expect to see him (or Daredevil or Blade) anytime soon though. Feige says they're not interested in immediately rebooting any of their reclaimed properties, since they were poorly received in the first place.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
So now Marvel has Ghost Rider, Blade, Daredevil, and Punisher back? OH YEAH! Sure, they're not planning on reboots yet, but that's fine. I can wait.

Tohya

deficit omne quod nasciture
Marvel has Ghost Rider back. Don't expect to see him (or Daredevil or Blade) anytime soon though. Feige says they're not interested in immediately rebooting any of their reclaimed properties, since they were poorly received in the first place.
Correction. All but Blade were poorly recieved. It would be cool to see Blade get rebooted though. Its been more than 15 years since its intial release and with the pelthora of comic book movies that have been released since its last movie im sure its past the statue of limitations of "its too early to reboot". It would be awesome to have him incorporated into the MCU. I mean it was the franchise that brought Marvel back....i think it deserves a solid =p

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
Blade II got even better reviews than the first film (It was also kick-ass fun.). Nether got glowing reviews, but both of the first two were fairly received. Third was terrible. I used to think GR was pretty bad until I saw the sequel.

Tohya

deficit omne quod nasciture
Blade II got even better reviews than the first film (It was also kick-ass fun.). Nether got glowing reviews, but both of the first two were fairly received. Third was terrible. I used to think GR was pretty bad until I saw the sequel.
Right. Im just saying the Blade franchise was money back when comic book movies where in their dark ages and shouldnt be put in the same breath as Daredevil and GR. Speaking of the third Blade movie, i realized Ryan Reynolds has played three comic book heroes (Hannibal King, Deadpool and GL) and has stunk in every one of those movies (coincidentally all three have been universally panned) .

RoryWilliams

A Blade reboot would be cool but I'm not optimistic about the mentions of Black Panther and Ms. Marvel. Those are two characters who have had movies "in the works" since approximately forever, so I'm not holding my breath. Heck Wesley Snipes was trying to get BP made before the first Spider-Man was even out.

the greenman

Blade could easily be utilized now that they have all of their supernatural stuff under one roof. My dream would be he and Dr. Strange would be used in a new Defenders film. All of this would be after Phase 3 of the Avengers franchise, time enough to build up villain like Mephisto and Surtur.

the greenman

I could dig this, if true. The idea of an older Blade and a female version is intriguing. I have alot of questions like who the mother is? How old is this new Blade going to be? Was her mother a full blood vampire, maybe the chick from the second film.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Huh, not sure how I'd feel about that...well, it would be a cool way of still integrating Snipes' Blade into the MCU, and the dynamic with the new Blade book would be something different for the MCU. But a part of me would rather Blade debut in the MCU and his return to cinema's be as a solo act than in a father-daughter dynamic.

I guess that theory about Marvel using their comics as a test-bed for concepts for the MCU now has a little more traction.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts